• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Zak Penn's future Marvel project.

MaskedManJRK said:
Zak Penn? He did Garden State, yes?

No. He hasn't been involved in anything nearly that horrible.

And this is a guy who helped write Elektra and Inspector Gadget

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0672015/

It's funny how you and I both got our "zak/zack/zach"'s confused. I was actually thinking of Zack Snyder when I said I suggested him for Black Panther.

The Zach who wrote that cinematic abortion Garden State is this privileged poser *****ebag

zach_d.jpg

ZACH BRAFF

BT18 said:

The Zach who wrote that cinematic abortion Garden State is this privileged poser *****ebag

zach_d.jpg

ZACH BRAFF

I can see how people might not like Garden State, but how is he a poser?

IMO an Avengers movie would be way cooler than a Captain America movie...

I think Zak Penn is writing Dr. Strange guys. He just answered a question in the Xverse about which character he'd like to do next and he said: Dr. Strange was always one he wanted to do! That fits into the Marvel 10 pic deal with Paramount and if that's the case and Marvel likes Zak Penn's work...of course they'd give it to him.

David Self = Cap
Zak Penn = Dr. Strange

8 more to go...

Anyways I just posted a follow up question for Zak about casting, and villains in such a film.

I thought I remembered Avi saying something about wanting a really whacked-out stoner type writer for Doctor Strange though. Guess he changed his mind.

How 'bout Richard Linklater? I don't think he really fits the profile in other ways, but he's a "stoner-type" writer. Dazed & Confused, Before Sunrise, Waking Life, A Scanner Darkly. Totally.

BT18 said:

And this is a guy who helped write Elektra and Inspector Gadget

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0672015/

Thats what really scares me if Penn is doing another Marvel Project :down I know he wrote X2 and all but, Elektra...yeesh:thing:

^ Did you read the Elektra script and how it compared to the film? Penn was also involved in X1 and X3.

Advanced Dark said:
^ Did you read the Elektra script and how it compared to the film? Penn was also involved in X1 and X3.

Didn't read the script, but I did see the film:eek::(:down

Just got the update when I asked the below question at the Xverse:

Hey Zak when are we going to find out what your new Marvel project is???

* Really soon. Maybe within the week. I'm excited about it, it's unlike anything that's been done before.

If you can't tell us the specific project could you tell us what actors you could see in the lead role of the hopeful project.

* No, and you'll understand why when I tell you.

If it's never been done before we're talking Ant-Man since it IS one of the 10 projects to be distributed at Paramount for Marvel.

We will find out soon, he said it should surpise us.....

He said it should surprise us...AND that nothing like this has been done before. Avengers is a team film, Dr. Strange is cool but not that new, Shang Chi has been nipped by another director, Black Panther...nahhh. Hawkeye...nahhhh. Cloak & Dagger...could be. Ant-Man...most likely. It's a totally different and unique idea for a superhero film that has surely never been done before. It's gotta be. Also Jon Favreau's project is expected to be annouced soon and his work on Elf and Zathura had a style that would be cool in Ant-Man.

Ant-Man would be insane!

^ I agree it's gonna be a wild film and it's surely never been done before. Just look at the style of Zathura and Elf and how Favreau mixed in comedy in just the right amount in both films and his style is very very colorful as are the characters. It just fits.

yeah Jon Favreau is a cool kat.

It's gotta be Ant-Man. Nothing else makes sense. Though now Simon Kinberg has kind of subtly hinted it's not Ant-Man in his latest posts. Damn him and his secrets!!!!

From the Xverse:

Blades Shades: Hey Zak, Thanks for answering my question regarding you next Marvel project. I have a strong feeling that Jon Favreau will be directing your Ant-Man script by the way things sound.

Zak Penn: You are very wrong. No one has guessed it yet. Even though I gave a pretty good hint earlier. Incidentally, Favs (as we called him) was in a movie I wrote fifteen years ago, PCU. He's a good guy.

Ok I think I got it. Zak Penn is gonna right Black Panther! I asked him in an earlier question if he couldn't tell me the project name could he tell me an actor that he would see fit for the lead role and he answered that he could not tell me because it would give it away. I think I posted that above. Anyways the only thing that makes sense would be Black Panther because if he picked an actor that was African American that leaves only one choice. He also said nobody guessed it and people mentioned Avengers, Ant-Man, Dr. Strange, and one other. He also confimred it's one of 10 films to be distributed by Paramount.

So for now: Black Panther it is for Zak Penn IMO.

No it cannot be Silver Surfer. Zak already admitted to me that it was one of the 10 Paramount distributed pics for Marvel which I listed in Zak's thread at http://www.thexverse.com in the community Q & A section for Zak. It's easy to eliminate most of them including Ant-Man now. It's gotta be Black Panther.

In Zak's latest Q & A @ thexverse he mentions he doesn't know when he'll have time for the X-Men spin-off but that he JUST SIGNED on for two more Marvel films. At least one is part of the 10 Paramount distributed /Merril financed films for Marvel. :)

More news to come...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"