Shang - Chi

We already have a black Bond in Panther and a Bond Bond in Stark. Why do we need an Asian Bond? I don't think there's anything wrong with embracing the kung-fu origins of the character and facing him against enemies who are skilled in the martial arts, as long as the character is handled with dignity and respect. We could get some really cool fights that way. I also don't think there's anything wrong with some Bond-like qualities(sprawling nightclubs and dazzling fights with crazy weapons. Iconic villains and intimidating crime-bosses), but keep the martial arts. They shouldn't forget the importance of hand-to-hand combat or Shang-Chi's resourcefulness in his ability to use anything as a weapon. They handled the "anything's a weapon" aspect with Bullseye quite nicely in Daredevil's show. He felt dangerous. That's what I need for Shang.

And I do want Shang-Chi to be referred to as Master of the Martial Arts in the MCU. If Strange can get the title of Master of the Mystic Arts and Sorcerer Supreme, Shang-Chi deserves his own title. Let's respect the character's culture and embrace it, not run or hide from it.
That would be great!

The petty childish arguing will stop in here now.

Interested to see if they announce the cast of the movie at SDCC on Saturday

I have seen Simu Liu in the Taken series. He is good on the show in a supporting role. Has some charisma based on what I have seen on that show.

Also, Awkwafina! Loved her in Crazy Rich Asians

Hope we get something like Ellis' Secret Avengers issue with David Aja.

089ee5e2537c109988401442761f7820._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Shang-Chi/Howard crossover confirmed.

I had to read that second to last panel twice... I thought he was screaming the N-word! I was like what was THIS issue about.

I’m looking forward to the interpretation of Mandarin in this film.

Not familiar with the comics, so any character Awkwafina might play?

I love this relatively unknown Liu in the role. Hopefully he's the quicks for this role. His body type is very Bruce Lee ish so that's a plus.
And are u kidding me? Legendary Tony Leung and Donnie Yen already as casts? Boy oh boy!

By incorporating the Mandarin into this, they made me care about something I never would have otherwise. Good on you, Marvel.

Hope they watch a lot of Tony Jaa movies as inspiration for this. Seeing a big-budget version of that...would be awesome.

I know nothing about Simi, but the guy seems super likable and charismatic. Really pumped for this. Especially with his story connecting with Mandarin and the 10 rings. Hope he knows his way around fight choreography.

Why is this thread even needed/open anymore? Shang-Chi has his own forum so all talk about this movie should conceivably be going there now.
This forum confuse's me so much. I thought this thread is connected to the Shang Chi sub forum. I would have just gone straight there, but I saw this first.

This forum confuse's me so much. I thought this thread is connected to the Shang Chi sub forum. I would have just gone straight there, but I saw this first.

If you were already subscribed to this thread, it would've come up on your alerts or new posts and you probably thought it was a thread in the Shang Chi forum.

I love this relatively unknown Liu in the role. Hopefully he's the quicks for this role. His body type is very Bruce Lee ish so that's a plus.
And are u kidding me? Legendary Tony Leung and Donnie Yen already as casts? Boy oh boy!
Yeah good to have an unknown for the lead backed up by these legends.

I dont think Donnie Yen is part of the cast though. With that said, Tony Leung as Mandarin is going to be aces.

Yeah, I forgot there was even a forum for this already. I guess this thread could’ve been moved there a while back.

I think Ali has far more presence then Wesley Snipes, and that's saying alot, but will he be able to provide the same martial art intensity that Snipes provided. Snipes dedication to martial arts was a defining quality of the Blade movies. Actors without that background don't always come off as authentic.

I see Awkafina's role being more like Luis in Ant Man than Darcy Lewis. Don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing.

I had a small interest in this movie, but now knowing that they're bringing in the real Mandarin and the Ten Rings back (Hail To The King was thankfully not pointless, thank god), this has skyrocketed to my most hyped MCU movie so far.

I do wonder if we'll ever find out what happened to Trevor though.

I think Ali has far more presence then Wesley Snipes, and that's saying alot, but will he be able to provide the same martial art intensity that Snipes provided. Snipes dedication to martial arts was a defining quality of the Blade movies. Actors without that background don't always come off as authentic.

Ali far better actor. Not sure about presence though.

Think he'll be great.

I can see them incorporating aspects of both Fu Manchu and Master Plan Chu (aka The Yellow/Golden Claw) into the Mandarin making him Shang-Chi's father instead of Fu Manchu and giving them the same arch-enemy relationship Plan Chu has with Jimmy Woo in the comics.

The version of Woo we got in Ant-Man And The Wasp wasn't a patch on his comic book persona, Let's have Shang-Chi built up to eventually lead an Agents Of Atlas team :)

What are the chances we'll get another bait and switch with the Mandarin again and Tony Leung will also turn out to be another actor like Ben Kingsley?

What are the chances we'll get another bait and switch with the Mandarin again and Tony Leung will also turn out to be another actor like Ben Kingsley?
They wouldn't dare. But still never having the Mandarin and Iron Man face off seems wrong. I could see some flashback scenes where you notice the real Mandarin inserted into the background from some Iron Man footage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"