New Avengers lineup

I think a Young Avengers will is 1 avenue that could be explored at 1 point. West Coast style.

I think both Young Avengers and some kind of West Coast Avengers/Omega Flight hybrid have the potential to appear on Disney+ after the first wave of series has introduced us to more characters.

I think both Young Avengers and some kind of West Coast Avengers/Omega Flight hybrid have the potential to appear on Disney+ after the first wave of series has introduced us to more characters.

We'll see how big budget these Disney+ shows are able to go.

Unlike the comics where said characters never age, Marvel Studio's will have to decide to re-boot, re-cast, or simply have someone else fill-in the shoes for said characters at some point.

Young Avengers West Coast style living it up amidst the legacy of the original Avengers when a new threat emerges. A bit of deconstruction I think helps with an Avengers 5 to segue off of older films while offering something new for the next generation with of course the option to always re-do at some point too but why try if can keep the momentum going?

So after Endgame, we're left with some interesting questions.

It's unclear if there's actually still an active Avengers team. Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow and Thor are all off the board. We don't know if Hulk will recover from his wounds or not, or if Hawkeye's retirement is meant to be permanent this time (though if the rumors of his TV show being about him training a successor are true, I guess it's possible).

Sam Wilson is the new Captain America and will likely be involved. War Machine, Scarlet Witch and Winter Soldier are still around as well. I had thought Valkyrie would be a shoe-in, but she's likely gonna be busy on New Asgard for a while.

I'm really interested to see where they go from here.

Captain Marvel, Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Shang Chi, Ant-Man and Spider-Man for aVenger5.

Falcon is just not interesting, i don't see adding much to the team. War Machine have been around forever. Winter Soldier already peaked and acts better as a CaptainAmerica character rather an Avengers character. Scarlet Witch, sure. But I want the roster to consist of heroes that headlined their own film, not a tv show. Iron Man, Captain America and Black Widow should be retired and I don't want a time travel scenario in which they are brought back. Hawkeye should stay with his family for the next Avengers team up. I'd be fine if Thor and Hulk comeback, only if its their send off.

Last edited:
Captain Marvel, Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Shang Chi, Ant-Man and Spider-Man for aVenger5.

Falcon is just not interesting, i don't see adding much to the team. War Machine have been around forever. Winter Soldier already peaked and acts better as a CaptainAmerica character rather an Avengers character. Scarlet Witch, sure. But I want the roster to consist of heroes that headlined their own film, not a tv show. Iron Man, Captain America and Black Widow should be retired and I don't want a time travel scenario in which they are brought back. Hawkeye should stay with his family for the next Avengers team up. I'd be fine if Thor and Hulk comeback, only if its their send off.
No mention of Wasp?

I forgot her. I would like her to see in the team, however right now she seems like an Ant-man supporting character/love interest.

The compound was destroyed. I could maybe see Pepper or the government re-building it as an homage to Tony or as S.W.O.R.D. which is kind of what Nat was running anyway. Could also see a monument to the originals out in front of it. It's still going to need someone with experience to run it. Hawkeye, might fit that role initially since he knows almost everyone.

Bulk isn't much of a leader. Wanda is still pretty inexperienced. Thor is off to space, same as Captain Marvel. Valkyrie and Black Panther have countries to run. Strange pretty much just stays clear until it gets to next level stuff. Pete is still a kid, and the Pym clan is only recently re-affiliated. That pretty much leaves Hawkeye, Sam, Bucky, and Rhodes to run the show.

Also, I'm still not sure what they're doing with Fury. Could be him running it based on SM:FFH but that remains to be seen.

I forgot her. I would like her to see in the team, however right now she seems like an Ant-man supporting character/love interest.

She is Ant-man's partner and equal, not a sidekick. Really doesn't make sense for him to join the team full-time without her.

I didn't call her a side kick. And about your second point, see how that worked for Endgame. Wasp has been established as an Ant-Man supporting character first and foremost, then a love interest. Ant-Man obviously comes first to Marvel Stud10s.

I'm surprised Falcon doesn't have more fans. Mackie is charismatic AF and took a character that could very easily have been lame and made him someone you root for. I'm glad he's got the shield.

I didn't call her a side kick. And about your second point, see how that worked for Endgame. Wasp has been established as an Ant-Man supporting character first and foremost, then a love interest. Ant-Man obviously comes first to Marvel Stud10s.

Right, she had a small cameo role in Endgame but that's because she was snapped for most of the movie. In future team up movies you're probably not going to see one without the other unless the plot continually contrives to keep her out of the picture, which would seem odd.

Something else to keep in mind is that Marvel is clearly trying to be more diverse going into phase 4. They're not going to have an Avenger's lineup with Captain Marvel as the sole woman. Expect some combination of Hope, Scarlett Witch and others like Sersi, Valkyrie or Okoye to make appearances.

Last edited:
  1. Black Panther
  2. Captain Marvel
  3. Doctor Strange
  4. Spiderman
  5. Ant-Man
  6. The Wasp
  7. Shang-Chi
  8. Falcon
  9. Valkyrie
  10. War Machine
I think that after considering all the factors, the above is the most likely lineup to me. I don't see how it's possible for them to go back to a team of six with so many characters who should logically appear. Ultimately Endgame focused on 10 main characters (the original six Avengers with the addition of Ant-Man, Nebula, Rocket and War Machine, so strip away the dozens of cameos in the next sequel and 10 seems like a good number - they should be able to write a tight script with that.

The first seven are definite inclusions imo. These guys are the franchise leads (and that includes the Wasp - she's clearly being marketed as a co-lead to Ant-Man from here on out.)

The next three are less certain. I included Falcon because
he's the new Captain America. That's too important a mantle for him not to be involved in the Avengers.
He could even step up to be the leader. Black Panther has a country to rule, Doctor Strange has to guard the sanctums, Captain Marvel is a bit of a lone wolf and has other planets than Earth to look after. Falcon is the guy who's going to be dedicated 24/7 to defending the Earth.

I'm probably least certain about Valkyrie's inclusion, but her character is a fan favourite, I think Disney will want a Woman of Colour on the team and Tessa Thompson is becoming a big name.

War Machine could be due for retirement, given how long Don Cheadle's been playing the role. But ultimately I think that they must be keeping him around for a reason. They could easily have killed him off or officially retired him at several points.

I omitted Scarlet Witch because I feel like her future could lie with mutants and the X-men. But there's a strong possibility they keep her on the team instead of Valkyrie. Hulk is another option, but I think they'll go with an all new team, with none of the originals there to overshadow the new guys. I could see Banner popping up in supporting roles in films like Ant-Man 3.

I'm surprised Falcon doesn't have more fans. Mackie is charismatic AF and took a character that could very easily have been lame and made him someone you root for. I'm glad he's got the shield.
I just don't find him interesting.

i think the falcon show is going to go a long way to develop him.

Sam Wilson (leader of the New Avengers)
Bucky Barnes
Captain Marvel
Black Panther
Strange
Spidey
Ant Man & Wasp
Shang Chi
War Machine
Valkyrie

1 - Black Panther
2 - Thor
3- Doctor Strange
4- Captain Marvel
5- Falcon
6- Hulk
7- Scarlet Witch ?
8- Doctor Strange
9- Spider man
10- Ant Man/Wasp
11- War Machine
12- Black Widow ?

special guest appearances: Winter Soldier, Hawkeye? Vision ? Guardian Galaxy ?

i could do without Hawkeye who continue to remains the most boring Avenger character by far, and just doesn't bring any appeal or intrigue, imo.
Without Capt America, i don't know what the future holds for Winter Soldier , could he be a future
guest appearance ?
i don't expect marvel Studios to use ALL eleven at the same time, unless it's a vs Galactus and his heralds epic battle, but i could if it's a vs Kang Conqueror, i could see a hand pick of the more intriguing Avengers only.

Without Downey Jr, they really will need a "takes the cake" overwhelming charisma appeal now. And right now i'm not sure who closes the closet to Downey Jr.
Some like Falcon, Black Widow, Thor and Rhodey (war machine) T'Challa-Black Panther isn't hilarious jump that Downey Jr.-Stark was. He's much more of the serious demeanor.

With Black Widow getting killed off, in End Game, i don't know what the future appearance plans will be without her in an Avengers movie.

Last edited:
Ant-Man
Black Panther
Captain America (Sam Wilson)
Captain Marvel
Hercules
She-Hulk
Spider-Man
Valkyrie
Wasp

Retired:
Hawkeye
Professor Hulk
Scarlet Witch
War Machine
White Wolf

Ant-Man
Black Panther
Captain America (Sam Wilson)
Captain Marvel
Hercules
She-Hulk
Spider-Man
Valkyrie
Wasp

Retired:
Hawkeye
Professor Hulk
Scarlet Witch
War Machine
White Wolf
I would love to see Hercules and She Hulk together. Some serious raw strength there! Plus different personalities to what we're used to. And as for those on the retired list I would hope we still see them make appearances. Along with those lost in EG, it would be too many characters to lose at once. Plus I really need to see SW with Strange at some point. :cool:

Another interesting list

I of course would still have Nick Fury and Maria Hill as background characters but them either resurrecting SHIELD...the old SHIELD as how it always should have been with Nick being the Director and Maria more or less being the new Secretary for the new and reconstituted SHIELD

Now as far as the New Avengers line up

Captain America (Sam Wilson) (leader)
Captain Marvel (co-leader)
Shang Chi
Bucky
Scarlet Witch
Black Panther
Spider Man
Ant Man
Wasp
Valkyrie (fills the Thor spot on the team)
She-Hulk (Bruce's cousin Jennifer Walters is introduced by her being exposed to the same gamma ray that her cousin Bruce was exposed to; and her origin can take off from there)

Another possibility with so many characters floating about now, is that the MCU moves away from the Avengers being the be all and end all of team up movies and instead we have multiple smaller team up movies, with some characters overlapping.

The New Avengers focused on earthbound threats, carrying the torch from the original Avengers franchise; Infinity Watch could be a cosmic team up movie featuring Thor, The Guardians, Captain Marvel and Nova. You could do a loose interpretation of Midnight Sons focused on mystical threats, featuring Doctor Strange, Scarlett Witch, Vision, Black Panther etc. An A-Force movie has a lot of potential.

Here's my core team, with Black Panther & Strange jumping in as their duties allow.

Captain America (I think we'll see Sam go full FalCap during the finale of his Disney Plus series)
Captain Marvel
Shang Chi
Valkyrie (I thought of leaving her out, but how big is New Asgard? It ain't like ruling Wakanda)
The Wasp
Ant Man

Here's my core team, with Black Panther & Strange jumping in as their duties allow.

Captain America (I think we'll see Sam go full FalCap during the finale of his Disney Plus series)
Captain Marvel
Shang Chi
Valkyrie (I thought of leaving her out, but how big is New Asgard? It ain't like ruling Wakanda)
The Wasp
Ant Man

No Spiderman?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"