• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

FX Orders Tracy Morgan Comedy From 'It's Always Sunny' Creators

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
http://www.deadline.com/2014/04/fxx-orders-tracy-morgan-comedy-series/
FXX Orders Tracy Morgan Comedy Series
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

30 Rock alum Tracy Morgan is returning to primetime. I hear FXX has given a straight-to-series order to a comedy series starring Morgan, from It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia creators Rob McElhenney, Charlie Day and Glenn Howerton and Sunny writer Luvh Rakhe. This is a brand new concept, which is yet to be fleshed out, unrelated to Death Pact, the comedy pilot FX recently produced, from writers Rob Long and Tad Safran, which starred Morgan as a formerly lazy, pot-dealing assistant high school coach who returns to his hometown as a decorated war hero. I hear FX approached McElhenney, Day and Howerton about working with Morgan in January, with the discussions leading to the new series. While there had been no formal pass on Death Pact, some cast members already have booked new gigs.
If Rob, Charlie and Glenn can use Tracy as well as Tina Fey did, this could be a beautiful thing.

Edit: oops, forgot the extra X.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/06/fx-...how-will-be-waiting-for-him-when-he-recovers/
FX Supports Tracy Morgan, Says “His Show Will Be Waiting For Him” When He Recovers
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

Tracy Morgan‘s horrible car accident over the weekend raised questions about the future of his 10-episode FXX series, which had been slated to begin production in August for a January premiere. Today, FX Networks and FX Prods., which is producing the show, issued the following statement:
The only thing we are concerned with is the health and recovery of Tracy Morgan and the victims of this tragic accident. We will support Tracy and his family in every way possible throughout his recovery. At the point when Tracy has recovered and decides that he is ready to go back to work, his show will be waiting for him. Right now our thoughts and prayers remain with Tracy, the other victims of the accident, and their families.
Morgan has been in critical but stable condition at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Jersey following a car crash early Saturday morning that killed Morgan’s mentor and comedy writer James McNair.

Morgan had been attached to star in the 10-episode straight-to-series comedy series at FXX, from It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia creators Rob McElhenney, Charlie Day and Glenn Howerton and Sunny writer Luvh Rakhe, who serve as showrunners and executive produce alongside Eric Tannenbaum, Kim Tannenbaum, and Nick Frenkel. The project stemmed from a pilot, Death Pact, Morgan did for FX last year.

Nice to see they are postponning it and not outright cancelling it.

It will be a long time before this ever gets made. Considering Tracy's injuries, he is looking at at least a year of rigorous physical therapy and a lot of psychological and physical recovery.

It's impossible to say if he'll need psychological recovery. We don't know what's in his head.

http://deadline.com/2015/08/tracy-morgan-fxx-series-update-1201495684/
Tracy Morgan FXX Series Update: FX Execs Optimistic As Prep Work Continues
by Nellie Andreeva

There have been encouraging recent signs in Tracy Morgan’s recovery from the horrific June 2014 car accident, with him recently photographed walking without a cane for the first time. That has raised hopes that he may soon be ready to return to acting, taking over the lead of his FXX comedy series. The project, picked up straight-to-series in April 2014, was put on hold following the car crash that claimed the live of Morgan’s mentor and comedy writer James McNair.

“We know he wants to do it,” FX Networks CEO John Landgraf told Deadline at TCA today, reiterating the company’s commitment to the series and its willingness to wait as long as it takes for Morgan to fully recover. I hear that Morgan does intend to do the FXX comedy series, and he has been in communication with the project’s writer, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia‘s Luvh Rakhe. “We continue to work on developing the script,” said FX president of original programming Eric Schrier.

Bottom line, the worst seems to be over, the series, from It’s Sunny creators Rob McElhenney, Charlie Day and Glenn Howerton, is back on track, and everyone is optimistic that it will go into production with Morgan as the lead.
I've got my fingers crossed. For one, because I want to see him fully recover from this, and two, because a show from the It's Always Sunny guys starring Tracy just sounds too damn good to not see the light of day.

If Tracy's well enough to host SNL, I wonder if he could be warming up for this.

It might have to be slightly modified to account for his injuries but hopefully so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"