• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jay Baruchel Starring in FXX's 'Man Seeking Woman'

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
http://www.deadline.com/2014/07/fxx-man-seeking-woman-episodes-jay-baruchel/
FXX Orders Jay Baruchel Starrer ‘Man Seeking Woman’
By THE DEADLINE TEAM

FXX has ordered 10 episodes of half-hour comedy Man Seeking Woman, from Lorne Michaels’ Broadway Video. It’s slated for a 2015 premiere. Jay Baruchel stars in the project based on Simon Rich’s book The Last Girlfriend On Earth, Man Seeking Woman. It centers on Josh Greenberg (Baruchel) a naive romantic on a desperate quest for love. When his longtime girlfriend dumps him, Josh enters the dating scene, a nightmarish hellscape of untold horror. Despite the agony, Josh continues his search in the hopes of finding someone who will make all the misery worth it. Eric André (The Eric André Show, Don’t Trust the B– in Apartment 23), Britt Lower (Unforgettable) and Maya Erskine (Betas) round out the cast.

Rich wrote the pilot and is exec producing/showrunning with Jonathan Krisel directing. Krisel also is exec producing, along with Andrew Singer and Lorne Michaels. Broadway Video will produce for FX Prods. Man Seeking Woman’s pickup to series makes Simon Rich one of the youngest series creators ever. He already is one of the youngest writers in the history of SNL, where he spent four seasons from 2007-2011 before segueing to a writing job at Pixar Studios.

Already in the works at FXX is Death Pact, a comedy series starring Tracy Morgan, from It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia creators Rob McElhenney, Charlie Day and Glenn Howerton and Sunny writer Luvh Rakhe. Morgan is recovering after being critically injured in a car crash June 7 in New Jersey.
Wonder is Baruchel will be able to wrangle any of the guys from This Is The End for guest appearances.

[YT]SLZ1PfpvThI[/YT]
[YT]2Hd3l291zo0[/YT]

Hm, I like Baruchel and Eric Andre, I'll check this out.

Been looking forward to this :up:

FX (or FXX) needs to do something about their marketing for new shows. These commercials were kinda bad; same with the ones for Terriers, Partners, St. George, and that new Billy Crystal show.

There SoA and Justified commercials have been great though

I've seen the troll commercial for this several times and it looks funny. Can't wait for the 14th.

Tonight, after It's Always Sunny. :up:

"Hitler ain't got s*** on you, dude" is going to be my new go-to compliment.

This show is awesome. It's like Being John Malkovich as a rom-com.

Really liked this show, I love Eric and Jay has always been very relateable for me. It will be cool to see where this show goes.

Tried to get into this. Couldnt finish the episode.
It was a little too out there for me. And on top of that I just didnt find it funny at all.

I hope this does well though. I like Jay Baruchel

Admittedly, it did feel a little too Louie-funny to me. Occasional moments that make you laugh, but otherwise it's just observational stuff about a miserable guy.

I didn't dislike it, but I much prefer FX's It's Always Sunny/The League/Archer brand of comedy.

I feel like this wouldve been a lot better as an animated series on Adult Swim or something.

How did this do in the ratings?

I liked it, it's more or less a live action cartoon like Get a Life was. And having it set on the north side of Chi-town...I take that damn Belmont stop all the time, but it's always late. :o

This felt like two overly long skits put together. This is a fail. Funny concept but it dragged on and on and on.

It felt like Portlandia meets SNL directed by Peter Jackson.

None of the shows FXX has On Demand are in HD, but they've all been reruns of shows on other networks, so I was holding out hope they'd have their own shows available in HD. No such luck. Both Man Seeking Woman and It's Always Sunny are both only available in Crap D. I hate FXX.

This felt like two overly long skits put together. This is a fail. Funny concept but it dragged on and on and on.

It felt like Portlandia meets SNL directed by Peter Jackson.

This is an accurate description. It's definitely segmented skits.

I enjoyed the Text War Room the best.

His sister is hot.

i liked the second episode. i like the jokes and how it looks like horror comedy movie.

The text thing was way too accurate. We have all been there.

Second episode in and I can dig. The text bit was perfect.

Text JK. TEXT JK!!!!

"What the hell's a traib? She's gonna think we're a crazy person!"

This show is insane.

I think the heavy use of visual metaphor is kind of inventive. I've never seen it used like that before in a sitcom and I'm interested to see where they go with it. Bill Hader was amazing as Hitler although they sort of ruin the Hitler and troll gags in the previews. I like the casting of Eric Andre as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"