Apocalypse Gambit in the Apocalypse Movie

It would probably have to be around the same time. Unless they shoot all his scenes out quickly in Apoc.
There's plenty of time if they do have a role for him. Apocalypse will probably wrap when Gambit is just starting.

I don't know about that, but we'll see. But again, just going by lack of formal announcement, an already crowded cast, and Tatum wanting to do a solo movie first makes me skeptical.

No announcement of hugh jackman either, infact on imdb he is still down as rumoured

And it's likely jackman will be involved, if not the DOFP ending was just a very random coincidence

I don't know about that, but we'll see. But again, just going by lack of formal announcement, an already crowded cast, and Tatum wanting to do a solo movie first makes me skeptical.

Yeah if Channing is really appearing in Apocalypse as a supporting character they would have announced it a few months ago. But no. its always about the solo film. I think a cameo is possible but a main or supporting role... nah.

I agree with the last part. But unless Apocalypse plans on shooting from April this year to April 2016, they will have plenty of time to add him to the cast if they want. Gambit wont shoot till fall, given it has an October 2016 release date.

I would have though FOX would be keen to get Gambit onto the screen in Apocalypse in some capacity to get people hyped for his film, maybe only a small appearance but I'll be surprised if they miss out on that opportunity all together.

Apocalypse will have enough hype going for it alone though. Gambit is not really a make or break character here, at least as far as we know. Besides Apocalypse, Jean, Scott and more then likely Ororo, we don't really know who else they want to add yet or who will be essential to their script.

Cable, Gambit, Deadpool, Angel, Scarlet Witch, Dazzler, Polaris and Nightcrawler have a solid shot of showing up here imo. I don't think they all would show, but I expect at least 1 or 2 of them.

Last edited:
Apocalypse will have enough hype going for it alone though.

Yeah, but Gambit won't have that luxury. It could surely use a nice boost of awareness thanks to the characters appearance in Apocalypse.

Yeah, but Gambit won't have that luxury. It could surely use a nice boost of awareness thanks to the characters appearance in Apocalypse.

Ah, misread the quote. Not worth forcing him in the script though. That movie will get plenty of attention.

Last edited:
Love the direction of this thread. It's always good to see logic balancing what we want on screen.

^ But, as I explained when I started this thread, the story could very easily utilize Gambit for numerous reasons, such as:

- Sinister has a connection to Apocalypse and Gambit has a connection to Sinister (in canon). One of Gambit's most interesting story points was his past and specifically his working for Sinister. Maybe the Apocalypse movie could lead to the next X-Men movie based on the Mutant Massacre, with Sinister as the villain.

- Gambit was first brought into the X-Men through a story that involved a younger (de-aged) Storm.With a 16 year Storm in this movie (presumably), establishing Gambit through Storm (as a big Brother/younger Sister type relationship) would give a huge nod to that.

- In canon Storm was a street thief in Egypt and Gambit is a thief. Seems like a perfect way to establish a connection.

- Storm's connection to Egypt seems perfect since Apocalypse has a connection as well. Starting Storm off in Egypt (which again, is per canon) and Apocalypse in Egypt (possibly slumbering within his pyramid) makes a lot of sense. Also, wasn't there something (Twitter) about "it's snowing in Egypt"?

- Having a Gambit origin film (assuming that that is what it'll be) without him being an X-Man doesn't make sense. It would be like having a Wolverine origin film before he became affiliated with the X-Men. Way more logical to establish his connection to the X-Men before he goes off on his own and we get to explore (I would assume through flashbacks/scenes in the past) his origin.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for seeing the two of them as thiefs in Cairo as well. ;)

- Having a Gambit origin film (assuming that that is what it'll be) without him being an X-Man doesn't make sense. It would be like having a Wolverine origin film before he became affiliated with the X-Men. Way more logical to establish his connection to the X-Men before he goes off on his own and we get to explore (I would assume through flashbacks/scenes in the past) his origin.

makes no sense at all.
The most successful CMB franchise has done exactly that.
They built all the heroes singularly, then mashed them into a film.
Gambit does not need to have an origin film after being an X-men.

^ Not saying he has to by any means, but hear me out...

Yes, the characters in Avengers were all introduced singularly and then brought together as a team, but for the most part, that is not how the X-Men have worked (per canon). See, for the members of the Avengers, each were established (for the most part) as solo characters first, and then brought together, just like in the movie. The X-Men are, for the most part, younger characters brought together to be a team, and to learn how to use their powers. This is a bit different than the Avengers, or some of the other teams.

Yes, there are plenty of X-Men who were first established and then brought into the X-Men fold. Wolverine is a great example. But in the movie, since the draw for these movies is the X-Men tag line, Wolverine was first extablished IN an X-Men movie. The same should, IMO, happen for Gambit. Again, like others have suggested, it could be a cameo, or an after credit's scene, but why not use him in the movie?

Why not extablish him as an "X-Men" character before having his solo film?

Is Gambit known for being a solo character? A loner? Sure, but he's mostly known for being a member of the X-Men. So why not do that in the movies as well?

Put him in the X-Men: Apocalypse movie. Have the movie end with him being "part of the team", just like Wolvie was at the end of The X-Men#1, but he must leave and take care of some personal business, but "I'll be back soon, chere". He can then go off and deal with the whole Thieve's Guild and Assassin's Guild stuff, as well as Bella Donna, etc. And in that film we can learn about his origin and possibly his shady past.

This makes much more sense...

Let the GA get to know him before coming out with a solo film.

Why not extablish him as an "X-Men" character before having his solo film?

Maybe because they don't have a role for him here, but they do in a film after Apocalypse and Gambit. He's not a make or break team member for the X-Men, and was introduced before in a non team movie.

Either way he can work, we just don't know what they want to do except for giving him a solo flick. It's safe to assume Fox is fine with him being away from the X-Men.

well unless tatum is producing the gambit movie and has some creative control then i'd assume he doesn't have full knowledge about whats going on apart from knowing a solo movie in the works, so if they found a role for gambit in apocalypse they would just call him up to let him know, and its not like jackmans involvement has been announced yet either nor has jackman spoken out about it even though we all know its pretty obvious he will be in it

i suppose the question is would it help the solo to give him a glorified cameo or even a small role in apocalypse? i think it would help yes to give him some recognition

I think he knows very well if they need him for multiple films at this point. Don't think they would have signed him if he didn't. No doubt Gambit will be connected somehow through multiple films.

well unless tatum is producing the gambit movie and has some creative control then i'd assume he doesn't have full knowledge about whats going on apart from knowing a solo movie in the works, so if they found a role for gambit in apocalypse they would just call him up to let him know, and its not like jackmans involvement has been announced yet either nor has jackman spoken out about it even though we all know its pretty obvious he will be in it

i suppose the question is would it help the solo to give him a glorified cameo or even a small role in apocalypse? i think it would help yes to give him some recognition

It depends, I suppose, of how confident Fox is in, in Tatum and the character alone generating enough interest as its own thing to negate a need for him to be in Apocalypse to get the character "off the ground" so to speak.

I find it interesting comparing this to Deadpool, who wont get an introduction, other than THAT shall we say "unpopular" cameo in Origins, yet they are confident enough to get that out on its own from scratch.

Unlike Gambit though Deadpool is very rarely on the X-Men or even fighting them other then Wolverine. X-Force would have worked though. For Deadpool to be a success and established he needs to be in his own flick so it's from his pov. Can't do all the 4th wall breaking and jokes in an X-Men film.

Gambit is going to be so cool on the actual team. A fully primed X-Men team > JL & Avengers.

Gambit is going to be so cool on the actual team. A fully primed X-Men team > JL & Avengers.

I just cant wait to see it, be it better or worse. Having the full crew together with all the big names will be something special.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"