Game of Thrones: A Telltale Game Series

I saved [BLACKOUT]Rodrik[/BLACKOUT] in my game. [BLACKOUT]He already survived death once, is engaged to Elena, and seems more suited to be a lord. Asher was a great character but seemed more like a warrior destined for a warrior's death. So that's what he got! You defended and build-up the Forrester's as Rodrik a lot and I felt like some of that progress would have been undone with Asher taking over.[/BLACKOUT]

Definitely the hardest decision in the game so far and maybe even in all the Telltale games. I had to pause and think about it for awhile.

Did you guys choose to kill or imprison the traitor? I kept them alive. [BLACKOUT]Duncan was the traitor for me. I imagine that differs depending on who you pick to be the sentinel?[/BLACKOUT]

I also saved Rodrick. It was hard, awful choice but like you I felt like he had certain advantages over Asher, as great a character and fighter as he was. For me the season has overall been about Rodrick's journey to hopefully becoming a victorious leader of his house. Even more than the other characters the backbone of the story has been Rodrick's arc, at least that is how it has taken shape for me. So it felt preferable to keep him alive. Of course there will be untoward consequences for that, as there always are.

Also, the traitor is whoever you don't pick for sentinel.
Yes I saved Rodrik on my first (main) game. Will be fun to replay and see how it would have turned out saving Asher instead.

I killed the traitor both times lol. And I thought it was as bit cheap that the traitor can be either of them. There's not really any point looking for signs and trying to judge character as it's automatic and not related to how the guys are.

Basically the good guys getting screwed over constantly is getting tiredsome lol. Im enjoying the game in general but I also get enough of that watching the show. I just want a satisfying finale where the bad guys get screwed over for once. Especially in terms of the House Forrester plot. It is time that the Forresters get a major win in the finale

You might put a boot through your tv screen after the season five finale.

Do the children of the forest or white walkers put in an appearance?

What happened to the Maester? He just disappeared. I had him pegged for the traitor for sure. He is so damn shifty.

You might put a boot through your tv screen after the season five finale.

Not really since I have a general idea of what might happen next with that. So Im being optimistic & waiting before getting ticked off

I decided to check out Telltales' Game of Thrones game and here's my review of it. I understand this game got on Forbes' 2015 most disappointing games because it took a whole year to finish the story (they we're peridiocally released) but if you play it in one sitting, it's quite an enjoyable story for fantasy + Game of Thrones fans.

[YT]WPrxExQc9cg[/YT]

I hope they've built a new engine. As much as I love these games (seriously, some of absolute favorites in recent times) the frequent freezing really takes me out of it.

I just finished the game and loved it! It got so much criticism when it came out and I was worried but it might possibly be up there as one of my favorite TTG series. I loved how it played off like a season on the show complete with the jumping around. The Forresters were pretty much analogous to the Starks and I wonder how much of that was intentional.

Like the show though, alot of it is unrewarding bc most of the protagonists were killed in my game. I sacrificed Asher, but Mira, the mother, Eleana were all killed. Ludd lived although I did get satisfaction out of killing Gryff. Pretty much House Forrester for all sakes and purposes is destroyed.

Im intrigued on where they go with season 2. I imagine Beshka might be playable and there is Gared

I wasnt really feeling the art style at first but I eventually got used to it. The animation though was pretty bad

I saved [BLACKOUT]Rodrik[/BLACKOUT] in my game. [BLACKOUT]He already survived death once, is engaged to Elena, and seems more suited to be a lord. Asher was a great character but seemed more like a warrior destined for a warrior's death. So that's what he got! You defended and build-up the Forrester's as Rodrik a lot and I felt like some of that progress would have been undone with Asher taking over.[/BLACKOUT]

Definitely the hardest decision in the game so far and maybe even in all the Telltale games. I had to pause and think about it for awhile.

Did you guys choose to kill or imprison the traitor? I kept them alive. [BLACKOUT]Duncan was the traitor for me. I imagine that differs depending on who you pick to be the sentinel?[/BLACKOUT]

I also picked [BLACKOUT]Rodrik. For me, he was the main protagonist of the series and it felt as if everything was geared towards him ruling and being the house is salvation. Asher is a good fighter but I dont think he'd be a good diplomat to lead the house. In hindsight, Im not sure I made the best decision bc Rodrik isnt a war general and he failed miserably

The one thing I was interested in seeing was Asher interacting with a new set of people bc I didnt really like him in Mareen and his supporting cast.[/BLACKOUT]

I kept the traitor alive. I debated that. I almost killed him but figured any info he had was worth Asher's life

Last edited:
... everything results in misery and, or, death, so, yeah :p

The final episode changes drastically depending on your choices. If they actually do get around to the second season season, it'll be interesting how they proceed with that considering the number of playable characters

i heard none of your choices matter, is that true?
I definitely had the feeling that many of the choices were inconsequential when I was playing it the first time but when I played it again there were a fair few big differences between the playthroughs. I could see someone who's only played it the one time thinking that.

I definitely had the feeling that many of the choices were inconsequential when I was playing it the first time but when I played it again there were a fair few big differences between the playthroughs. I could see someone who's only played it the one time thinking that.

Yeah...I'd say of all the Telltale games, this is the one where player choices matter most of all and have the most variance based on choice.

So with Telltale dropping three big announcements today, I was disappointed to see Game of Thrones was not one of them. I posted this in the Batman thread, but may as well move it here so as to avoid derailing that thread.

I wish they waited until 2018 for Batman. Season 1 wrapped about 6 months ago. I'd rather wait a little longer for Batman and have another season of Game of Thrones being released sooner, to be honest. I am surprised Telltale is letting that slip away. Its been nearly two years since the last episode of season 1. We know it was successful and with the popularity of the television show, you'd think Telltale would really be going full force with that instead of giving it The Wolf Among Us treatment where a sequel was announced shortly after the first season, and then nothing said about it for months on end.

Although I do suspect that some of the problem that Telltale may be having with developing it is twofold:

1) The game is set late in the franchise (it concludes around season 4 in the timeline). They may be waiting for more direction and development from Martin or the showrunners before going forward, whether that is the end of season 7 (so they can set the game in the midst of the Dany/Jon/Cersei war) or the next book.

and

2) It has the most varied endings of any Telltale series. At least one of the four main playable characters is guaranteed to be dead (but which one is not set in stone) and a second could be dead, depending on the player. Plus the circumstances of each are fairly divergent based on choice. The Night's Watch story is the only one with anything resembling a somewhat set ending. It might be hard for TT to figure out how to reconcile that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"