Telltale's Fables: The Wolf Among Us

Crockett

With Teeth
Reaction score
Telltale has finally announced its game adaptation of Fables.

iUpVfckRXFP4H.jpg

Set to arrive on Xbox 360, PC, Mac and PlayStation 3 this summer, The Wolf Among Us takes place prior to the comics and lets players take on the role of Bigby Wolf (The Big Bad Wolf), who has been exiled to New York City. The game follows Wolf as he tries to keep fairy tale characters including Mr. Toad and the Three Little Pigs undetected in our world.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/27/telltales-fables-is-called-the-wolf-among-us

Like the sound of this, I've only read two volumes of the comics and it's highly enjoyable, hope to god they'll do as good job for this as they did with TWD.

Finally a game with Fable in the name that might not disappoint

first hinted at by Telltale to EpDaily/ ROTR some time ago while the walking dead was still becoming a hit.

Trailers

First Trailer for Telltale’s The Wolf Among US.

Telltale Games has released the first trailer for their upcoming adventure game based upon the Fables universe, The Wolf Among Us.
The Wolf Among Us revolves around Bigby Wolf’s efforts as sheriff of Fabletown to prevent other fable characters from murdering one another and, subsequently, revealing themselves to normal humans. Like Telltale’s smash hit The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us will be heavily driven by decisions and choices that, through an “evolution of choice” system, will shape each player’s individual narrative experience.
The first episode of The Wolf Among Us, titled Faith, will premiere soon on XBLA, PSN, Windows PC, and Mac.

source:EPD.TV/ROTR

Last edited:
oh I forgot crocket made a thread of this my bad.

Last edited:
Just pre-ordered the PC/Mac version off of TellTale's website. I'll still do the Season Pass for the PSN version, too, but I felt the free CD version that'll be sent to me next year is worth it for only $22!

Have they said how much of the Fables comics this covers. Theyre really great so I'm lookin forward to this

Does it matter if you've read Fables at all? I haven't read anything in it but this looks neat.

I'm going to guess no you won't have to

Sorry I was in the game while you two asked all this. There will be a reference's to the fables comics. But as they said it's it's own thing story wise. So you won't necessarily have to have read the fable comics' cause most of that will be kind dealt with in here. But if you want to look up the fable stories, that's up to you. Since it's a really cool series .

Just heard this game talked about on the Official PS Blogcast and the biggest shock for me was that this was coming to the PS3 bc I assumed it was the MS IP

Yeah its basically anything The Walking Dead came out on. It has nothing to do with the hum drum Fable series. The comic book is called Fables. Pretty awesome to hear it is its own thing.

Has anyone played this yet? Seen a few people on my friends list on it.

Has anyone played this yet? Seen a few people on my friends list on it.

I really enjoyed it. I liked The Walking Dead better, this one is still very good.

Last edited:
I just finished it as well and its just as good as TWD, if not better. Preview for episode 2 has me hyped, hopefully they are more prompt with their monthly releases than TWD was.

Yeah, really got into this. Was more hooked into the story than I was with TWD. Walking Dead felt more episodic, this feels more like an ongoing story so I'm definitely hooked.

Sounds like I have to get this. Had never heard of it before. Didn't even know it was in production. Telltale have bought a lot of goodwill with TWD.

I didn't realize this didn't have the name Fables in the title bc I was searching for it before and couldn't find it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"