General Gaming News

Not surprising but still a shame to me and the end of an era. I think the major platform shows will still be very popular but think the publishers might suffer a bit from reduced interest without an overall event supporting them. Also less in-person networking opportunities for the industry. I always wanted to go to it one day.

The big thing for the developers and publishers during E3 was the networking in the industry. That is gone, but I have to think they have developed other places for networking.

Gee what an ignominious end. Always dreamed I would get a chance to check it out. I mean I think that’s where they announced the Pokémon games back in the day. What a shame it simply fizzied out like it did.

but I guess that’s just the way it happens sometimes

Huh, I wonder if that's a sign Konami actually wants to get back into the "make video games" business. Did Japan tighten the gambling laws? *ahem*

Saudi Arabia Is Investing $38 Billion to Become a Video-Game Hub

The Saudi Arabian government is betting $38 billion on the country’s potential to become the next hub for the video-game industry.

As part of its strategy to diversify its economy away from oil, Saudi Arabia, through its Public Investment Fund, wants to become a big player in the $184 billion global gaming market. After focusing initially on the esports industry, which has been struggling, the fund’s subsidiary, Savvy Games Group, is now looking to develop, publish and acquire top-tier games and support a gaming industry in Riyadh.

Huh, I wonder if that's a sign Konami actually wants to get back into the "make video games" business. Did Japan tighten the gambling laws? *ahem*
I hope so. Haha, even if it’s forced/pushed by that I’ll take it lol.

Eh, while the Saudi government and society is fairly awful, them diversifying their economy isn't a *bad* thing. Relying 100% on oil meant they could be as bad as they wanted, they were still selling a good with inflexible demand. A more diversified economy is more resilient long term ( hence why they want it ), but it also changes the incentive structures: there's more need to make compromises to attract and retain talent, and more concern for PR because your demand isn't invincible. I wouldn't expect Saudi Arabi to turn into the US overnight, but it would at least be more likely to transition over years and decades into a somewhat less horrible tyranny than if they stuck to oil uber ales.

( *insert cruel joke about "They want into video games because the average self-identified 'gamer' is more misogynist than the Wahhabi creed anyway" here* )

Monster Energy taking indies to court who are using the word “Monster”. :dry: I’d stop buying their products if I bought energy drinks. Hopefully they can get some negative attention at least as a result.

Sadly this isn't even the first or second time I have heard of them copyright trolling like this. A common word like "Monster" should have absolutely no copyright protection. It's why Blu-ray dropped the "e" in blue, because it's stupid to do.

XpwRm7v.jpg

Last edited:

$16 million all because a right wing youtuber convinced Vic Mignogna to use his family trust lawyer to sue for defamation.

We are about to get SOOOOOO many remakes.

I also imagine the cost of Nintendo moneyhatting a Monster Hunter has gone up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"