Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime

It looks fun. Arcade-style four player co-op.

Yea i can see it being entertaining teaming up with your buddies, but im still not feeling it. I want a true sequel to the last game.

graphics wise, the first game is miles ahead of it. the gameplay looks alright. love the fact that you get to drive around in the Ecto mobile.

judging by the gameplay, this is going to be sort of like Marvel Ultimate Alliance meets Ghostbusters

Yea that was to be expected tho, its a downloadable title via the PSN and Live.

Didn't realize we had a thread for this. Still excited to play it, but doubt it will be as good as the original. I really hope it has a decent story and good gameply though. Not thrilled on the top down view though.

isometric view keeps the artwork requirements and game size down. the only FPSes you'd get on PSN and Live would be like that punisher game that was just small multiplayer maps.

looks like the downloadable Lara Croft game but probably wont be as good as crystal dynamics effort. it's nice to get old style games with higher resolution more colours, modern lighting and analog control anyway.

isometric view keeps the artwork requirements and game size down. the only FPSes you'd get on PSN and Live would be like that punisher game that was just small multiplayer maps.

looks like the downloadable Lara Croft game but probably wont be as good as crystal dynamics effort. it's nice to get old style games with higher resolution more colours, modern lighting and analog control anyway.

Battlefield 1943 was download only and it was anything but just small maps. It was just a slightly less pretty version of Battlefield: bad Company 2

well excuse me for not mentioning repeating textures alot to save space and have bigger areas.

I will try the Demo before judging the game

Still sad that its not a true sequel to the last game, but it looks fun. If some friends of mine get it, then i deff will.

This game's looking pretty cool, as a GB fan I'm definitely interested. I adored the first game and if fun-wise this is on par then I'm sold.

Game just went up on the PSN. I'd almost forgotten about it. Seems like mindless ghost zapping fun from the demo. Only $10 so I'm downloading the full game. I'd rather we'd gotten a full sequel but for $10 I'll buy a possibly mediocre Ghostbusters game. I'll post what I think of the full game after I've played a few levels with my bro.

Wow, I had no idea this game would be out so soon.

Tried the demo... not thrilled, at all. It's just another dual stick shoot with characters I don't know in Ghostbusters cosplay. I'll keep my 10 bucks. I mean, they don't speak in this game... just comic book style cut scenes, they could have given us Peter, Ray, Egon and Winston and I wouldn't have seen the problem. If it was a likeness issue then give us the Real Ghostbusters versions.

Tried the demo... not thrilled, at all. It's just another dual stick shoot with characters I don't know in Ghostbusters cosplay. I'll keep my 10 bucks. I mean, they don't speak in this game... just comic book style cut scenes, they could have given us Peter, Ray, Egon and Winston and I wouldn't have seen the problem. If it was a likeness issue then give us the Real Ghostbusters versions.

Agreed. Wasnt really feeling the demo.

from what i have seen from the reviews this sucks hard. angry joe tore it apart

shame but to be expected they abandoned the first game and it still needs fixed, so i'm not surprised this was half assed

from what i have seen from the reviews this sucks hard. angry joe tore it apart

shame but to be expected they abandoned the first game and it still needs fixed, so i'm not surprised this was half assed

Yea its just a simple cash in. Really, really bare bones.

Hopefully they got it out of their system and can give us a proper sequel to the last game.

I figure as production possibly ramps up for GB3, the cast had other things going for them so they made a quick cash-in. I actually bought this soley for it being Ghostbusters. My hope was that they would update the original game and maybe give us the deleted parade level as well as a few other things. I played the first level, and I do not hate it as much as some do. Its repetitive, lacks the fun feel of trapping ghosts like the first game, the gameplay style isn't very good, and I have little to comment on the story at this point. Still, I can see myself playing through it, though it is really difficult to start with.

I played the demo and it felt like a low budget, non-fun version of Dead Nation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"