Glee Episode V: The Sylvester Strikes Back - - - - - - Part 15

Finn was an a-hole.
Well, yes, but the point stands.
Santana's beat down was the best part of the episode
Considering the episode's storylines were based around Becky (the literal worst), the writers suddenly rewriting Bieste's character, an engagement between two characters whose relationship I don't buy, and Kurt feeling sorry for himself/making it all about him.... that's not saying much. :o

That kid dating Becky shouldn't be a big deal because she's got Down's. It should be a big deal because he seems like a nice kid and she is the WOOOOORST.

Now i remember how horrible they wrapped up Santanas storyline. How do you go from Mash-Off to I Kissed A Girl? Majority of her storyline happened off screen. And it was such a weak episode.

Does it seem weird to anyone else that Sam is the one involved in Bieste's storyline? I mean, I guess from a standpoint of his job at the school, it makes sense, but when have the two of them ever really interacted? From a personal standpoint, Puck would've made more sense. He was even in the episode...

But then that means we'd have to see more of Puck...

Rachel, Kurt, Blaine, and Sam are the only Glee Club members who aren't Special Guest stars... I assume Artie is no longer a regular either?

But then that means we'd have to see more of Puck...

Which would be a gift! :argh:

It's kind of a shame Blaine is still a regular. This episode being so Blaine-light is probably one of it's bright spots.

Stop, Mark hasn't looked good since S1.

Stop, Mark hasn't looked good since S1.

tumblr_nhmlwykB871r4ezfzo1_500.jpg

Gurl plz. :o

Sam needs a storyline, and since he isn't teaching a Glee club, he has to take what's left.

I still don't know how Blaine/Sam become main characters while everyone else gets downgraded. It's funny.

And i also can't believe that RM practically turned down Anne Hathaway and Bette Midlers offers to guest star on the show.

But Mark has looked good this season with a full head of hair and wearing a uniform (guess he isn't allowed to ever change out of it like the Cheerios)

Geez, he's gross. I was so distracted by him this ep.

Maybe that's it! It he looks like some creepy old guy.

It's the last season on a Friday, who cares about ratings. Itll be rebooted in 10 years anyway.

Watching the episode and OH.MY.GAWD. I'm like actually really enjoying it which is a really scary feeling.

The Brittany/Santana stuff is just GREAT and I loved that we got a scene with them outside the Glee club talking about stuff and their future. Even though i think it is a little weird that they have skipped over the TT performing together and now Santana wants to go back to college, it seems like all the NYC people are being set up to be back in NYC together.

Even Kurts storyline with Blaine isn't bad, as much as they are annoying together and it is sad that Kurt has been relegated to this, they are doing a good job and the flashbacks were of good use.

Could care less about Beistes storyline though since it is such a betrayal to the character, if it wasn't, it probably would be better.

Weakest link of the episode would be Beckys storyline, if it werent the last season or had more episodes, I wouldn't mind it as much. But Tina/Quinn shouldn't be revolving around Becky Sue Jackson. I am much more interested by the mili-second Quinn vs. Tina that we got. Esp due to this being Quinns last episode (possibly ever) until the the finale, which she will probably do nothing, I want to know what is up with Quinns life. Only thing that I seriously am angry about.

They should've just cut NeNes scene, cause it was cringe worthy in the beginning.

But of course in typical Glee fashion, Santana/Kurt make up during song, as if she didn't smacked him down HARD.

tumblr_nibp2eOrdF1ri1mzuo1_250.gif
tumblr_nibp2eOrdF1ri1mzuo4_r1_250.gif

tumblr_nibp2eOrdF1ri1mzuo7_r1_250.gif
tumblr_nibp2eOrdF1ri1mzuo2_250.gif

tumblr_nibp2eOrdF1ri1mzuo5_r2_250.gif
tumblr_nibp2eOrdF1ri1mzuo6_r2_250.gif

Last edited:
Catching up. So, after actually surprisingly really enjoying the first two episodes, the third episode has already plunged downhill, mostly because two of the main storylines--Becky's, and Beiste's--were awful.

While I think I'm one of the few who is not actively rooting against Klaine at this point, them shooting yearning glances at each other while singing Carole King is tiresome when the writers are just lazily regurgitating the same break-up drama as before, especially since everyone knows they're getting back together in like an episode or two.

Karofsky constantly having an arm wrapped around Blaine is kind of obnoxious and gives a slight "Property of Karofsky" vibe. Also, considering Max Adler was one of the better actors on this show back when he had substantial material, it seems a disservice to bring him back after so long for the sole purpose of being an irrevelant third wheel in a love triangle for like 3 episodes with like 10 seconds of screentime per episode.

Beiste's storyline is terrible. It's a total betrayal of Beiste's character, and what makes it even more irritating was what they already had an established character (Unique) to go this route with instead of foisting it onto a character that it doesn't make any sense with.

It's just as ridiculous, just as out-of-character, and just as offensive as if Kurt suddenly declared he was becoming a girl. And just like that storyline would be incredibly offensive by implying effeminate gay men want to be women, so is this for implying you can't be like Beiste without wanting to be a man, which is the complete opposite of the message her character was sending in Seasons 2 and 3.

Becky's storyline is lame and kind of disturbing too. I totally don't buy this kid would be with Becky, and not just because Becky has Downs Syndrome, though IMO that does raise some very serious questions about consent and their levels of mental development. Just as big of a reason why I can't buy their relationship though is that Darrell seems way too nice for Becky. Like, what the hell would ever attract him to her? Even if he doesn't care what she looks or talks like, there's no beauty on the inside either.

Kurt was definitely out of line to make Santana and Brittany's engagement all about his own relationship problems, but Santana's tirade went way over-the-top and IMO crossed a line from Santana being funny to Santana being just plain mean. I admit her mockery of his dance moves was funny though.

Alanis Morrissette and Carole King are pretty clashing people to try to make mash-ups out of, and I don't think it worked out very well. I like both "Hand in my Pocket" and "I Feel the Earth Move", but mashing them up was awkward and didn't flow smoothly.

I have to admit I LOL'ed at Brittany's line about Karofsky and Blaine "when I think of you two having sex I picture a U-Haul mounting a moped", even though Karofsky "mounting" Blaine isn't something I want to picture.

Ok, whether this is right or wrong, Darrell/Becky is squicky and highly questionable to me, but what exactly makes Quinn and Tina authority figures that get to sit in on this meeting with Sue? Also why was NeNe Leakes there? That was the most irrelevant appearance ever.

The use of flashbacks was heavy-handed and unnecessary. During Jane/Mason's duet, it was already obvious by Colfer's expression that Kurt was thinking about Blaine without throwing in a sappy Klaine romantic montage. Chris' acting doesn't need any help from distracting flashbacks that drive the point home with a sledgehammer.

I did like that Sue was being human, albeit in the service of two stupid storylines.

Also, where was any segue between Quinn and Tina being horrified at Darrell/Becky and then being all encouraging about it? Huh?

No body cares by the time a lot of shows end, but revivals are popular and people like follow ups.

It'll be like Girl Meets World, with the children of Rachel, Klaine, Brittana, etc all going to school and joining glee club, maybe with Daniel Finn Schuester.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"