Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories Details (And Screenshots!)

Zenien

Reaction score
080106071433_gameprocover_wm.jpg

- Vic Vance is the main character. He's a 28 years old US Marine. If you don't remeber, Vic is the guy who dies early on the original Vice City game
- This game is set in 1984, 2 years before the ps2 game.
- The city is in a different stage of development.
- Vice City Stories is a much much bigger game than Vice City on PS2 (Rockstar still hasn's said how many hours).
- They have some suprises in store for the title that aren't going to be revealed until Septemeber (TGS?)
- VCS will have multiplayer modes. However, Rockstar is tight-lipped about it for now.....
- This game is twice the sice of LCS on the PSP. In fact, the overall size an the polygon count in VCS is even greater than that of the original VC on PS2. The draw distance has also been vastly improved. There's a greater vareiety of pedestrians and vehicles on the screen at any one time. There will be all manner of new features and aspects to VCS that will be surfacing in coming weeks. Rockstar says "the sept up from LCS will be instantly recognisable when you get your hands on it".
- New weather effects.
- The soundtrack is still a secret. But they confirm the return of your favourite stations loaded with a new set of killer tunes.
- Missions where you go from A to B are finished. Now misions will be designed to be multi-tiered and split between various skill sets.
- This game will have in-depth tasks that make greater use of the enviornment
- This time will be flyable vehicles.
- Jumping between vehicles
- LCS is a rookie fist-gen PSP title compared to VCS, which blows it off the map. It blows the PS2 VC off the map and even gives Sand Andreas a run for its money. The world is breathtaking.
- It has the most epic draw-distances the open-worlds genre has yet seen. Standing on the beach we could see buildings and trees miles down the sandy shore, and in the suburbs we gazed across canals, shops and traffic to an impressive cityscape with starling clarity. And we won't even get started on how damn cool everything looked from the air.
- A massive array of new animations
- A fair richer colour palette that bring things like sunsets to all new levels of beauty and realism
- Increased density of pedestrians, cars and objects and a reduction in clumping.

01.jpg
02.jpg

03.jpg
04.jpg

Thats a very awesome handheld game. How big are those UMD things again?

I wonder if there'll be a Vic Vance Dance.

In terms of physical size? Smaller then a Gamecube disc. In terms of space? I think it's 1.8 Gigs.

Ugh, next there will be a GTA san andreas stories. They're sure milking the franchise for all it's worth.

You'll play as the little brother that CJ let die before he ran off to Liberty City probably.

Hades said:
Ugh, next there will be a GTA san andreas stories. They're sure milking the franchise for all it's worth.
OHHH...
But's nice when that milk taste like the nectar of the gods.
This game will kick all kinds of ass, then kick it again.
I hope the soundtrack is as good as Vice City and San Andreas'.

Ditto about the soundtrack. The one for Liberty City Stories is kinda weak.

The current GTA formula is in need of some much needed overhaul. Here's hoping the next gen GTA on 360/PS3 is as big a leap as GTAIII was from GTA2.

Now that the games a huge commercial success, I don't think we'll be seeing any MAJOR changes in the series. The games industry, generally, doesn't do that sort of thing anymore, sadly.

I don't really see what they can do in terms of a much needed overhaul, other than adding new vehicles and moves. It's already pretty much free-roaming. It's 3D, it's fun, and the last thing it needs is to turn into the Sims.

GTA:Homemaker - Buy a house and live in it.

I think the 'gimmick' GTA's are the future. 1920's Chicago, 60's London (better than the old one), 50's New York etc. Or possibly something the Wild West, or Tudor times.

This game sounds nice. Is LCS worth getting? Is there gonna be a port for VCS to the PS2?

CrypticOne said:
This game sounds nice. Is LCS worth getting? Is there gonna be a port for VCS to the PS2?

Yeah, it will end up on the PS2.

Awesome. I loved the soundtrack from the original VC alot. It's funny how many people predicted that VCS would be played from Vic's perspective.

My Liege said:
I don't really see what they can do in terms of a much needed overhaul, other than adding new vehicles and moves. It's already pretty much free-roaming. It's 3D, it's fun, and the last thing it needs is to turn into the Sims.

GTA:Homemaker - Buy a house and live in it.

I think the 'gimmick' GTA's are the future. 1920's Chicago, 60's London (better than the old one), 50's New York etc. Or possibly something the Wild West, or Tudor times.

general none vehicle combat could be much improved. and then there are other physical skills that would help in getting around. rock climbing could be one. it took them a while to enable you to climb over a fence. and it could have helped at points in San Andreas.

Gammy79 said:
Sweet! :up:
This, Syphon Filter, Ultimate Ghosts and Goblins....Psp seems like a good idea....

Add in Valkyrie Profile, Tekken, Wipeout and all it's other great games.. Go buy it now. :O

While I love the GTA series, there definitely needs to be a leap in the next-gen titles. I'm talking ragdoll physics, better gunplay mechanics, explosions that rival s**t you see in Mercenaries, the whole 9 yards; and the list goes on.

Does anyone have any news on GTA IV? I would like if all three main characters from each game, III, Vice City, and San Andreas were in it.

That would be cool, i would like to know what time period GTA IV will be set in.

Topdawg said:
That would be cool, i would like to know what time period GTA IV will be set in.

I hope it takes place in this day and age. I would like to see Tommy Vercetti as a boss.

According to 1UP Yours, it's PSP ONLY, straight from Rockstar themselves. John was 'in town' and Rockstar showed him Bully and GTA: VCS.

Another factoid: GTA LCS sold 2.2 million on the PSP.

"- Missions where you go from A to B are finished. Now misions will be designed to be multi-tiered and split between various skill sets."
I'd be interested to see how this works. Knowing the games industry, this probably just means stupid PR crap like "now instead of using the SMG to shoot your enemies in a mission, your use the SMG and then the pistol!", but it'd be nice to see that they really changed something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"