Great unproduced scripts?

This thread fell off.....umm any other unproduced scripts? lol

Cameron's Spider-Man would have been awful.
Who wants to see Spider-Man nail a webbed-down MJ on a bridge...?

I find it funny that so many people say Camerons script was awful yet so much of it seemed to be used in Raimis film.

If you can find it, someone made a cool site that has the script as well as storyboards.

I just read Sam Hamm's Watchmen script. Basically here is the rundown. The film opens with a huge fight on the Statue of Liberty against some terrorists then cuts to ten years later where all heroes have been outlawed. Like the Graphic Novel, Comedian takes a pavement dive and Rorschach investigates it. The similarities break down there. Very few scenes are used. Dr. Manhattan [Veidt] gives Laurie (Silk Spectre II) cancer and eventually cures her, but in curing her removes his ability to see the future. They end up all meeting to stop Veidt who's plan is to go back in time and stop the creation of Dr. Manhattan and thus stop the dystopian future they live in. Dr. Manhattan kills him as a result and goes back in time himself and saves himself from becoming Dr. Manhattan. The surviving heroes, Laurie, Nite-Owl and Rorschach all go back to New York where they are no longer viewed as criminals.
Ended up reading parts of this script. Not Watchmen. At all.

The Sam Hamm version of Batman before Warren Skarren got a hold of it and made Napier the Waynes killer.

I don't know if you found it already, but here it is.

In some ways it's better than what Skarren and the uncredited British screenwriters did during the 1988 WGA strike, but in others it's much worse.

What about Joss Whedon's Aliens 4? Any opinions?

I want to read Andrew Kevin Walker's draft of Silver Surfer... that's been guarded like a secret Nuclear formula where they said a production cost of like 250 million would be needed to produce it...

It sounded absolutely orgasmically cool from the way it was described as an intergalactic massive cerebral action-adventure science fiction piece that would've literally been amazing to see on screen and now we'll never see it...

Does anyone have the Napoleon script by Kubrick?
I'm very interested in reading it.

I Haven't Read it But Michael France's Punisher Script, Before JH ****ed it Up....

Speaking of Which, anyone Know Where I Can find Michael France's original Script?

Does anyone have the original Michael France Fantastic Four script?

Friday the 13th 3-D by Nick Antosca.
The Punisher (1st draft) by Michael France

Last edited:
Also, there was a very early draft for Hulk, dated 1994. Really really good! The script was written by John Turman! The script takes quite a bit of inspiration from the 1960's comic books!

John Sayles' Jurassic Park 4 and Justice League Mortal, and I hope we get Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 3 and 4 scripts out at some point.

Andrew Kevin Walker’s silver surfer script and would love to read Michael France’s unproduced scripts. I hear he was terrific! I am sad to see he died so young

Also David Self’s Captain America and Sub Mariner drafts. They were meant to be great

I'd say the Hulk scrip from the 90s movie. It had everything; an incredible origin, great villain (the Leader) and a perfect horror tone.

I Haven't Read it But Michael France's Punisher Script, Before JH ****ed it Up....

Speaking of Which, anyone Know Where I Can find Michael France's original Script?

Regarding that, PM me.

Andrew Kevin Walker’s silver surfer script and would love to read Michael France’s unproduced scripts. I hear he was terrific! I am sad to see he died so young

Also David Self’s Captain America and Sub Mariner drafts. They were meant to be great

For both of those, PM me.

I find it funny that so many people say Camerons script was awful yet so much of it seemed to be used in Raimis film.

If you can find it, someone made a cool site that has the script as well as storyboards.

There's misinformation out about this that I didn't know about recently.

Apparently the script rotating around - isn't the actual script for it. Having read it, it's also very easy to see that - as someone who critiques scripts (per job) it's one of the worst things I have ever read.

That said, there is an outline/treatment that is noted as being legit. For that, feel free to PM me.

One thing people should be wary of is that on some of these scripts rotating around while they have the correct names on them, that's to make them look legitimate. The Spider-Man script I learned isn't real, rather a fan take on it with the names on it to make it appear that way.

---------------------------------

For those wondering how I have these, basically just getting lucky around the Internet. No inside access in attaining them. I do have them readily on file though among many (all?) of the superhero ones that are out there.

I absolutely loved Michael France's version of the Fantastic Four in that it would have been the best F4 film to date. Wildly expensive - as in while reading it one continuous thought is how the f would they have pulled this off in the 90s - but that's part of what was intriguing about it. The Thing would likely have been Arnold Schwarzenegger while I could easily envision Leo as the Human Torch. A lot of this script made it to screen in 2005, but with all of the cool parts deleted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"