"Guardian Archangel:" The Official Character Discussion Thread

SCOTT&JEAN said:
I agree.... I mean in every pic we see his wings are different than before.... it's really confusing...

This is my favorite look of the wings:

angel52kp.jpg

:up: :up: :up:

EDIT: Yay! The thread finally hit the big 3000. :p

SCOTT&JEAN said:
I agree.... I mean in every pic we see his wings are different than before.... it's really confusing...
yep weird lol.

yeah worthy the wings in that picture are amazing that is my fav pic of angel.

Question-

We had an official pic released way back when (one of the first for X3) with Angel standing by the window looking out, a bit depressed looking (with his wings "buckled up" again). Any confirmation on whether or not that was a deleted scene (and not a promo), since the first shot we see of older Angel is of him about to be cured? Because a transition scene with his father would help things a bit.

Ach I was trying to sleep :mad:

*spits out tumbleweed*

Lightning Strikez! said:
Gallery I

This first gallery features classic renditions of Archangel by various artists over the years. Some are from actual X-comic panels.

picture19tk.jpg

Nice pics LS.:up: :) i KNOW i'M ALITTLE TOO LATE THOUGH,LOL

Thanks to Electrix. :up:

I believe we've got a slightly different Angel pose on a potential DVD cover.

xmencover19br.jpg

Those are so cool, Worthy! Mystique looks kinda weird though. :O

And what's up Worthy!? You never write, you never call!! :( :p

Kira said:
Those are so cool, Worthy! Mystique looks kinda weird though. :O

And what's up Worthy!? You never write, you never call!! :( :p
He's erased from his life completely, love. Sigh.

WorthyStevens4 said:
Thanks to Electrix. :up:

I believe we've got a slightly different Angel pose on a potential DVD cover.

xmencover19br.jpg
OMG. I love them! especially the the brotherhood pic. And just look at the way Storm and ean are looking. These are great!:up: :up: :)

Jamie Madrox said:
Well, Wolverine was always a fighter, we know he can hold his own when it comes to battle new or not, that's pretty obvious. But Angel's not a fighter, IMO, I don't think he is that much, so who knows how he would've handled a major battle like that, what could he have really done besides swoop down and take injured humans out of harms way? I know his wings could be used as his defense, but other than I don't know.

Another misunderstanding as to the character and nature of Angel, it seems.

He was one of the original five. What did you think they have done with him all those years - hover in the background waiting to join in on some field action...?

Don't forget Rogue as well. A fighter in the comics, not so or at least portrayed as such in the entire three films.

Archangel Marvel Archive Set

Desperate for the chance to fly again after losing his organic wings, Warren Worthington III agreed to serve Apocalypse, who equipped the former Angel with razor-sharp metal wings, and made him a member of the deadly Horsemen. Unlike his old feathered wings, these new wings work as both offensive and defensive weapons. Not only do they enable him to fly at incredible speeds but these metal constructs also have the ability to project blades with pinpoint accuracy. These "feathers" are tipped with a chemical compound that induces temporary paralysis in his victims. During attacks, these wings also have the ability to morph into a protective shield. Sideshow Collectibles and Marvel Comics are proud to present this 1:4 scale reproduction of Archangel's lethal metal wings, cast in real metal and complete with a polystone display base. Each Archangel set is hand cast, hand painted, and individually numbered.

6808press01001up1.jpg
6808press02001zx2.jpg

6808press03001qk5.jpg
6808press04001uj6.jpg

6808press05001jf8.jpg

6808press06001uv0.jpg

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=6808

What is Warren's history at Xavier's institute? I understand he was supposed to be among the first brought in? But was he also supposed to be roomates with Scott or at least going to the same school together?

Oh my god, I just made a post saying how this thread was dead. :p

ntcrawler, Warren went to a private school. I'm not sure where Cyke went, but the two didn't meet until after Warren's stint as the Avenging Angel.

I can't remember about their colleges though...

WorthyStevens4 said:
Oh my god, I just made a post saying how this thread was dead. :p

Haha, lucky for this thread I have questions for a fanfiction project and need to consult the Angel experts.

ntcrawler, Warren went to a private school. I'm not sure where Cyke went, but the two didn't meet until after Warren's stint as the Avenging Angel.

So then by the time Scott shows up at the institute, who would already be there? I understood it to be Hank, Warren, and Jean with Ororo coming shortly after if not already present? These 4 seem to be pretty consistent with people doing movieverse backstories.

I can't remember about their colleges though...

Exactly college isn't important, just wondering if there's a consistent backstory to this or if it keeps getting retconned and changed every few years?

ntcrawler said:
Haha, lucky for this thread I have questions for a fanfiction project and need to consult the Angel experts.

Look no further. :D

So then by the time Scott shows up at the institute, who would already be there? I understood it to be Hank, Warren, and Jean with Ororo coming shortly after if not already present? These 4 seem to be pretty consistent with people doing movieverse backstories.

Cyke was already there; he was the first X-Man. Cyke, Iceman and Xavier recruited Angel as the 3rd X-Man, if I'm not mistaken. Then came Beast and Jean.

Exactly college isn't important, just wondering if there's a consistent backstory to this or if it keeps getting retconned and changed every few years?

The writers didn't go too deep in it. I'm not sure if they ever did.

WorthyStevens4 said:
Look no further. :D

Does he have any vices and quirks???

Cyke was already there; he was the first X-Man. Cyke, Iceman and Xavier recruited Angel as the 3rd X-Man, if I'm not mistaken. Then came Beast and Jean.
Hmm, I see! X3 definitely turned that concept on its head, didn't it?

The writers didn't go too deep in it. I'm not sure if they ever did.

then I hope to exploit the holes in a manner that will offend the least number of people :)

WorthyStevens4 said:
Nah, just that he was a bit cocky and arrogant.

I take it he has a very upscale and urbane manner.

I'm trying to flesh out his role especially in periods of "downtime" that don't involve combat or having to take heroic action to save the day. Show those little things that help make characters real and give them depth. Like Warren sitting on the roof of the mansion talking to Kurt over morning coffee, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"