"Guardian Archangel:" The Official Character Discussion Thread

Heres a new pic of Warren on the danish dvd cover thanks to Anton Oksehud on the DVD thread.

dvdcover.jpg

Was there ever a reason given for Angel's rather limited role and why he wasnt part of the main battle sequence in the end as original storyboards suggested he would be?

A wussy? I can honestly say that movie Angel is better than comic Angel. Comic Angel annoyed me, but he still looked cool with the metal wings and junk. Those people don't know what they are talking about. Does very male X-Man character have to be a womanizer? I don't think so.

Amanda

wa8lm.jpg

^ How was he a wuss he just didnt want the cure:huh:
I liked Angel in ultimate x-men and he is better in the comics because in the films you didnt really see the real angel as you do in the comics.

Don't ask me. I read a thread somewhere saying that he was gay. I'm like "WHAT IN THE WORLD." He wasn't confindent about being a mutant, so what.

Torch'sGurl said:
Don't ask me. I read a thread somewhere saying that he was gay. I'm like "WHAT IN THE WORLD." He wasn't confindent about being a mutant, so what.

Which is the opposite of how he is in the comics. He's very proud of his wings and his mutantcy, and that's partly what makes him such a great character.

Torch'sGurl said:

Wouldn't be the first time someone made a comment to that effect. There was a review for the movie and Angel was thought to be effeminate. And looking back to the movie, he kinda was.

Nibune said:
Was there ever a reason given for Angel's rather limited role and why he wasnt part of the main battle sequence in the end as original storyboards suggested he would be?

One of the writers mentioned problems with the wings or something like that.
Who knows?

I think the movie set him up well to be a bigger part of any future movie, for his character to develop and become a team member. He hadn't yet earned the right to a uniform in X3, so I'm not sure why they had him wearing one in promo shots unless the storyline was different in the early days.

That's what I wondered. He didn't even wear the X-Man uniform in the movie. I first saw the pic of him in uniform I had such high hopes, but that fizzled.

X-Maniac said:
Who knows?

I think the movie set him up well to be a bigger part of any future movie, for his character to develop and become a team member. He hadn't yet earned the right to a uniform in X3, so I'm not sure why they had him wearing one in promo shots unless the storyline was different in the early days.

X-Maniac said:

I never believed that excuse.

The filmmakers seemed pretty effects-happy in this movie, so they easily could've used CG wings to fit in the battle instead of the foam ones.

Let's hope Angel and Rogue will have some interaction next time, although won't be the same, because the cure was the perfect moment, but anyway...

Angamb said:
Let's hope Angel and Rogue will have some interaction next time, although won't be the same, because the cure was the perfect moment, but anyway...

Ah, but now you have a choice of endings. Rogue takes the cure / Rogue doesn't take the cure. :huh: Probably the only alternative ending IMHO that actually impacts the overall story line. Wolverine stays around / Wolverine goes back to Canada doesn't seem to change much for the story.

X-Maniac said:
Who knows?

Likely an excuse. Angel was cut short because the movie stuffed too many characters into too little time, and with the focus squarely on Wolverine and Storm, lesser cameo roles like Angel had to be trimmed.

Cyclops said:
Likely an excuse. Angel was cut short because the movie stuffed too many characters into too little time, and with the focus squarely on Wolverine and Storm, lesser cameo roles like Angel had to be trimmed.

Perhaps, but Angel did fly many times in the movie - including saving his dad at Alcatraz, and then a final scene flying over Magneto in the park.

They must have had a reason not to include him in the final battle. After all, he could have been in the final battle and saved his dad while doing that, and he needn't have been soaring over Magneto in the park.

X-Maniac said:
They must have had a reason not to include him in the final battle.

Yeah, the excuse is that they are either a.) Stupid or b.) Incompetent.

They've cut so many things that would've made this movie much better.

X-Maniac said:
Perhaps, but Angel did fly many times in the movie - including saving his dad at Alcatraz, and then a final scene flying over Magneto in the park.

They must have had a reason not to include him in the final battle. After all, he could have been in the final battle and saved his dad while doing that, and he needn't have been soaring over Magneto in the park.

I just SAID their reason! I just said it! Angel was cut short because there were too many characters in the movie to give everyone a fair cut of screentime!

No excuses, no "well, maybe they justified it like this", none of that crap. Angel got cut short because there were too many characters, so SOMEONE had to get cut short.

From http://www.ben-foster.org/:

So it looks like Ben’s not sitting at home twiddling his thumbs after all! :) According to an interview Moviesonline.ca did with Josh Hartnett, Ben’s in New Zealand right now filming a movie titled 30 Days of Night.

Here’s the interview snippet:

Q: So, are you shooting anything right now?
JH: Yeah, I'm doing a movie called "30 Days of Night.” I'm shooting in Auckland, New Zealand. David Slade is directing it. It's a Columbia movie.

Q: Who else is in it with you?
JH: Danny Houston, Ben Foster, this girl Melissa George, some other folks. It's a good one...

Source: Movieline.ca/Shelia Roberts

Here's the plot summary from IMDB:
This is the story of an isolated Alaskan town that is plunged into darkness for a month each year when the sun sinks below the horizon. As the last rays of light fade, the town is attacked by a bloodthirsty gang of vampires bent on an uninterrupted orgy of destruction. Only the small town's husband-and-wife Sheriff team stand between the survivors and certain destruction.

Now for those of you who are thinking this doesn't exactly sound like a Ben Foster type movie; the film is directed by David Slade who was the director of the film Hard Candy starring Ellen Page. See the connection? :) We'll just have to wait for more info...and of course confirmation.

Commentary from the X3 DVD... from the scene when Angel appears in the battle. Right after he saves his dad:

Zak: Yeah, I think we should've shown Angel once before.

Simon: I agree.

Zak: But that's just me.

Brett: But don't you like him showing up and surprising him?

Zak: Ahhh... that's just my opinion.

:cmad:

And apparently the scene where Angel shows up at the mansion was almost cut.

So... I guess Angel was just gonna fly around, change clothes in mid-air, and then all of a sudden show up at Alcatraz. :o

WorthyStevens4 said:

So... I guess Angel was just gonna fly around, change clothes in mid-air, and then all of a sudden show up at Alcatraz. :o

so you have already bought the DVD Worthy? or did you just rent it from your store?

WorthyStevens4 said:

Hmmm :cmad: :cmad: :cmad:

At least he was good in the few scenes he did get. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"