Guillermo Del Toro’s Cabinet of Curiosities (Netflix Anthology)

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
‘Cabinet Of Curiosities’: Cast Set For Guillermo Del Toro’s Netflix Anthology – Deadline

Here is the list of cast and creatives set for Cabinet of Curiosities, along with the actors’ credits:

● Essie Davis (The Babadook), Andrew Lincoln (The Walking Dead) and Hannah Galway (Sex/Life) star in an episode written (based on an original story by Guillermo del Toro) and directed by Jennifer Kent (The Babadook)

Amadeus Oscar winner F. Murray Abraham (Mythic Quest), Glynn Turman (Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom) and Luke Roberts (Ransom) will appear in an episode written by David S. Goyer (The Dark Knight) (based on a short story by Michael Shea), and directed by David Prior (The Empty Man).

● Tim Blake Nelson (Watchmen), Elpidia Carrillo (Euphoria), Demetrius Grosse (Fear The Walking Dead) and Sebastian Roché (The Man in the High Castle) star in an episode written by Regina Corrado (Deadwood; The Strain) (based on an original story by Guillermo del Toro); and directed by Guillermo Navarro (Godfather of Harlem; Narcos)

● Crispin Glover (River’s Edge) and Ben Barnes (Shadow and Bone) star in an episode written by Lee Patterson (Curve) (based on a short story by H.P. Lovecraft) and directed by Keith Thomas (Firestarter)

● Peter Weller (Star Trek Into Darkness) stars in an episode directed by Panos Cosmatos (Mandy), who also writes along with Aaron Stewart-Ahn

● Mika Watkins (Origin) writes an episode (based on a short story by H.P. Lovecraft) directed by Catherine Hardwicke (Twilight); with cast to be announced

● David Hewlett (See) cast in an episode written (based on a short story by Henry Kuttner) and directed by Vincenzo Natali (Hannibal)

● Haley Z. Boston (Brand New Cherry Flavor) serves as writer of an episode (based on a short story by comic book author Emily Carroll) directed by Ana Lily Amirpour (A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night) with cast to be confirmed.

● Essie Davis (The Babadook), Andrew Lincoln (The Walking Dead) and Hannah Galway (Sex/Life) star in an episode written (based on an original story by Guillermo del Toro) and directed by Jennifer Kent (The Babadook)
Best episode confirmed.

I'll have this now please.

Based purely on line-ups, I see a couple possible duds.

The rest of it looks absolutely fire on paper.

I'll be happy to give it a watch. :)

I cannot wait for this.

I like that Guillermo del Toro seems to be the Rod Serling of the series.

Finished Lot 36 last night. I'd probably rate it a 6/10. The writing was pretty generic, and character motivations in certain scenes didn't exactly ring true. Really cool creature design though. Had "Lovecraft" written all over it.

I watched the first 4 and the standout so far is #3, The Autopsy. Loved everything about it

Cabinet of Curiosity was pretty good, but I didn't care much for Graveyard rats or The Outside.

I'd rank them:

1- The Autopsy (by a mile)
2- Cabinet of Curiosity
3- Graveyard Rats
4- The Outside

So far:

1. The Autopsy (7/10)
2. Graveyard Rats (6/10)
3. Lot 36 (6/10)

The first episode was pretty boring tbh.

Lot 36 spoilers

There was literally a corpse lying in the middle of a pentagram, with a tentacled demon writhing around inside its hollowed out head, and Nick didn't so much as raise an eyebrow. Even in the face of something so horrific, he was just like "Oh cool there's the book."

Like I get he was fixated on the money, but come on man. The fact that he didn't react at all to what he was seeing just did not ring true to me.

Myself, I liked Lot 36 because of the Evil Codexes with latin names.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"