"Halo 3 Beta Not Open to All" + "Upcoming Trailer Screenshot" - IGN

boywonder13

Sidekick
Reaction score
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/748/748270p1.html

Halo 3 Beta Not Open to All
Plus a new screenshot from the upcoming trailer.
by Hilary Goldstein

November 30, 2006 - Sad news. The previously announced Halo 3 Beta will not be available for every eager Xbox 360 gamer. In a press release teasing the December 4 Halo 3 trailer, Microsoft revealed that gamers will "register for the opportunity to be one of the select members" of the public beta. Just because you love Halo doesn't guarantee you will be able to enjoy the multiplayer experience this spring.

On December 4, the millions of hopefuls can go to halo3.com to sign up for the beta. You thought the Internet hit a crawl as consumers tried frantically to purchase a PS3? This could be worse. The good news is that this likely means fears that Microsoft would charge a premium to play the Beta are unfounded. Some thought Microsoft might control the size of the Beta with a small service fee, but since the Beta will be limited by a selection process, that seems highly unlikely.

The 60-second trailer airs in North America during ESPN's Monday Night Football on December 4. The trailer, which will be available online and on the Xbox Live Marketplace following its television debut, features live action and in-game footage. It promises to offer "telling new hints" about the upcoming first-person shooter.

"Halo is a pop culture phenomenon! The Halo franchise has changed the face of interactive entertainment and it's only fitting that we take an innovative approach to how we market and advertise the brand," said Jeff Bell, corporate vice president of global marketing for the Interactive Entertainment Business at Microsoft Corp. "This invites a new audience with a rich back story, and continues to galvanize gamers around the world for the launch of Halo 3 in 2007."

halo-3-20061130095426058-000.jpg

This is one frame from the 60-second trailer. If you blink really fast, it almost appears to be in motion. Enjoy the torturous wait for Monday and good luck in your endeavors to join the beta.

Man halo3.com is going to crash at midnight December 4th...

PWN3R RANGER said:
Man halo3.com is going to crash at midnight December 4th...

It will more then likely crash before. Fans waiting to sign up for this will make waiting outside of a store for a console for a week look good

WhatsHisFace said:
I'm in love with you. Never leave me again! :woot: :csad:

Just in for a few days to kill some time. What have they done to this place? Separate console forums? Did people just get thin-skinned here all of a sudden? And where the hell are THWIP and Gammy? And what's you MSN ID?

Phaser said:
Just in for a few days to kill some time. What have they done to this place? Separate console forums? Did people just get thin-skinned here all of a sudden? And where the hell are THWIP and Gammy? And what's you MSN ID?
I don't have an MSN ID. :(

I guess I should get one. :word:

WhatsHisFace said:
I don't have an MSN ID. :(

I guess I should get one. :word:

Yes, so that we could at least talk on MSN IM occassionally to keep in touch.

Phaser said:

Your back :wow:

Thwip was banned and Gammy is on probaation.

and Mentok just decided to leave...

Erundur said:
Your back :wow:.

Only for a short while though. I'll be logging in more regularly after a couple of months when I've finished my bachelors and hopefully we'll be getting some real news on The Dark Knight by then. Oh yes, it'll be just like the good ol' days...:up:

Phaser said:
Only for a short while though. I'll be logging in more regularly after a couple of months when I've finished my bachelors and hopefully we'll be getting some real news on The Dark Knight by then. Oh yes, it'll be just like the good ol' days...:up:
Thank goodness.

Gammy's off ban, he just doesn't want to come back.

PWN3R RANGER said:
Gammy's off ban, he just doesn't want to come back.
Mods sure know how to screw up a forum.

"Hey, I got a GOOD IDEA!!! Let's ban out biggest, most popular, best posters!"
"Wow, what a good idea!!!"

Seriously, you ban THWIP*, Gammy, Fenrir and DRT, who have been CARRYING this forum for YEARS, instead of the people who rip this forum apart.

It doesn't make any damn sense. And now for the first time ever, a lot of our best people are gone, either by ban or by choice.

Yeah. Its pretty sad when you have people leaving by choice. Ban is one thing, leaving just because you hate it is...:( and :csad:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"