Happy Death Day 2U | Universal

I said if they decide to reboot Buffy she would work. She's like 32 now but maybe have it as a loose continuation of her in her 30s.

I said if they decide to reboot Buffy she would work. She's like 32 now but maybe have it as a loose continuation of her in her 30s.

If they ever decide to make an older Buffy movie/series you might as well just get Sarah Michelle Gellar back... it seems she's not doing anything anyway, and I'm sure that's what most fans would prefer

Pass the torch unless she feels like doing it.

I can see how Rothe would be well suited to the role of Buffy in theory, but I have my misgivings about an older Buffy/Buffy continuation (as has Sarah Michelle Gellar). Recasting Gellar, and by necessity the others because they'd be too old for Rothe, would only put me off more. Unlike a lot of fans, I'd be open to a full on reboot, but that would be a high school reboot or maybe a college reboot because that's just what Buffy is.

Was stuck in the vortex that is YouTube and found out the movie has an end-credits scene. Not sure how that fact escaped me when I saw this at the theater last year!

Happy Death Day 3: Director Christopher Landon Reveals Working Title And Update – Exclusive

As well as confirming that it’s set on a different day to the previous two films, Landon also teased a little bit more about the Happy Death Day threequel. “I guess I can give you the title without pissing everybody off,” he said. “It does not have the '3' in there! But it's called Happy Death Day To Us. That is the working title.” Hopefully, someday, we'll get the film that goes with it.

Saw this last night, I was a little skeptical of the concept they went with at first but like it's predecessor it turned out to be very entertaining in the end, though a bit less horror focused.

And Jessica Rothe is just a treasure
Good to hear. I liked the first and agreed on Jessica Rothe, she was a big part of why I liked it.

It just hit me but I think she'd make an interesting Sue Storm in the MCU. I know we nerds have our little reference pool of actresses but she's got something.

Saw this last night, I was a little skeptical of the concept they went with at first but like it's predecessor it turned out to be very entertaining in the end, though a bit less horror focused.

And Jessica Rothe is just a treasure
I like them both, all though I prefer the straight out horror aspect of the first one. There's apparently a third in the works.

And yep, Jessica Rothe certainly is :hmr:

I like them both, all though I prefer the straight out horror aspect of the first one. There's apparently a third in the works.

And yep, Jessica Rothe certainly is :hmr:

Yeah the after credits scene set up a 3rd movie, I would see it for sure.

Yeah the second one leaned harder into the sci-fi element which I guess you kind of have to.

Jessica Rothe really is the highlight of both films IMO and honestly I came into this thread hoping there was some recent news on a third movie happening, because that's just how much I enjoyed the sequel which I honestly think is kind of underrated at this point even if I didn't like it as much as the original.

Christopher Landon also did a great job on Freaky and I would like to see him tackle more R-rated horror films whether they be original films or established properties like Friday The 13th.

Christopher Landon has stated that he has the outline of the third film ready and that he's just waiting for the greenlight from Universal. I don't see why not, they've been pretty cheap to produce.

And Jessica Rothe is indeed wonderful.

Last edited:
The first one is a solid mash-up and inversion of typical horror movie tropes.

The second one was a letdown. It starts off promising then it falls off of a cliff.

In the first movie, they reference that the main character is taking damage from her previous deaths into all her restarts. That carries over into the second one. And yet, she continues doing insane stuff to herself like splatting from a great height, jumping into a wood chipper, etc.

And then they never explain why the damage restarting things works and what it means.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"