• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Has the MCU peaked?

Dam didn’t realize Mika Juno’s and Ben Grimm thing yeah that could lower the peak a smidge but m going on faith marvel/Disney will make the right moves!! But fingers crossed!! lol

We gotta all keep our fingers crossed at this point lol

Truly hoping it works out for the best, though. That's all I and many others want.

The ONLY reason I think they'd make Ben Grimm female is for him and She Hulk to have that fun rivalry that Hulk and Thing have that we never got in the MCU. But I'm sorry, it's not the same. Let Mark play the character as long as he wants to cause even he said he wants to.

I wouldn’t worry too much about that rumour unless something gets confirmed. Most casting rumours turn into nothing and this one seems much sillier than normal. It’s the kind of thing someone would make up as a scooper just to see how people react on Reddit and forums lol.

No...she's denied even being apart of the movie but she claims she knows who is casted for it.
I like the sound of that as she's less likely to make something up than the scoopers with less to gain and more to lose. That implies F4 casting is hopefully very close to done and hopefully it's not too long before we hear about it.

Regarding the title of the topic, I think is pretty obvious the MCU peaked with Endgame. That doesn't mean there aren't more peaks coming up, specially with some of the heroes that we haven't seen yet in MCU form like X-Men and Fantastic Four.

I do think, however, they need to do <i>extensive</i> work to make us care for the current roster of heroes. The reason Infinity War/Endgame were so succesfull was because we were invested in Cap, Tony, pretty much everyone after multiple appearances. We haven't gotten any of that with the newer characters, almost zero crossovers or reappearances. Where's Shang-Chi? Where's Kate Bishop? Where are the Eternals? Where's She-Hulk? They keep introducing new people but there's no forward momentum like in the first few phases of the MCU. And the very first reintroduction of Kang into a wider audience is a s***show. Not just because of what is happening with the actor but because the movie was terrible.

I'm excited for things to come, but I can't keep watching because of post-credits promises. Like that great saying from SM2: 'If promises were crackers, my daughter would be fat'.
Get your s*** together, Marvel. I'll be watching.

At this point, I just want to see a trilogy for the Fantastic 4 and X-Men. The rest are bonus.

MCU have gotten so big in terms of quality and projects that films like Thunderbolts, Deadpool 3, Armor Wars and New World Order don't feel like must see to me. But I'll watch them as soon as they are out. Though I wish Fantastic 4 and X-Men are already in production instead of those.

The future of Disney+ Mcu shows has me intrigued. I'm not eXcited about Echo, Agatha,another season of Loki and What If? but I'm curious to see if they will really slow down the amount of annual Mcu originals in that service. 5 shows per year was over kill and the "special presentations" were non event outside of the Marvel fanbase.

Between the box office results of Quantumania and GOTG Vol. 3, I think the lesson they need to learn is that they can't rely on just the MCU brand to carry them anymore and that attention needs to be paid to quality control.

Between the box office results of Quantumania and GOTG Vol. 3, I think the lesson they need to learn is that they can't rely on just the MCU brand to carry them anymore and that attention needs to be paid to quality control.
Thor: The Dark World was also front loaded and it came out less than two years after the first Avengers movie.

But I think right now, its just gotten to the point, that there are too many MCU selections and streaming is now a bigger factor. Every film needs to be above average (at least in the eyes of the public), not to drop hard at the boX office.

The Incredible Hulk wasn't even front-loaded and did underwhelming business the same year as Iron Man and they fired the lead actor.

I want to see Marvel Studios to have another peak in the form of the Fantastic Four, Avengers Secret Wars and X-Men.
It will be a bit of a fail if the crazy Secret Wars concept doesn't result in another MCU high. F4 and X-Men can contribute to a third high at the next mega-event another 10 years after Secret Wars. :cwink:

Even if you could rely on your brand to carry you, that's no reason to do so. Should always be trying to make the best film possible and appeal to as many people as possible. As you say quality control is more important than ever now that the MCU has shown some vulnerabilities.

It will be a bit of a fail if the crazy Secret Wars concept doesn't result in another MCU high. F4 and X-Men can contribute to a third high at the next mega-event another 10 years after Secret Wars. :cwink:
Ten years?! I'm too old for that! No way !

Ten years?! I'm too old for that! No way !
In case not clear, I mean 10 years till the next Endgame/Secret Wars level event which seems to take 3 phases to build up to. Should be plenty of big films in between that - and I'd hope for 3 mainline X-men films within that time plus any spinoffs, whether film or streaming shows. Hopefully even a certain Cajun I believe you're familiar with.

I think all of us are ancient by that point.

I swear if Marvel Studios makes a movie for Squirrel Girl, Tigra, Midnight Suns, Young Avengers, Scarlet Witch, Miles Morales and She Hulk before Marvel Studios' X-Men...

:facepalm:
I'll be happy as long as everything they make is top quality going forward, and they get all the biggest projects out by that point including a bunch of X-Men films and a mega MCU event with X-Men strongly featuring.

Not only has the MCU peaked, it peaked a long time ago. The last MCU movie that I didn't snooze through was CA: Civil War.

In case not clear, I mean 10 years till the next Endgame/Secret Wars level event which seems to take 3 phases to build up to. Should be plenty of big films in between that - and I'd hope for 3 mainline X-men films within that time plus any spinoffs, whether film or streaming shows. Hopefully even a certain Cajun I believe you're familiar with.
They better include Gambit in what ever they do! :rant::p

Has it peaked in quality? No. I think they have more room they can grow now that they are out of the set up for Avengers buuutttttt if they are trying to build up to the next event, it's taking a hot minute and I feel like I'll be 40 by the time it hits.

One of the rare times I feel like I have gone back to a post of mine and feel differently.

Sadly I do feel nowadays that the MCU has peaked and I am still mad that ill be close to 40 by the time the next Avengers hits our screen.

I'm 41 now and I cant wait for X-men and FF.

I know we're getting Deadpool 3 net year, but it feels weird to get that relatively early from the end of the Fox era(2020) , but have to wait X years afterwards to get a "full" X-men film.

Too many ips getting their own fliX.

Like who knew we would get a feature film for Thunderbolts, Falcon as Captain America and Eternals when foX was selling their properties to Disney. I would have thought Fantastic 4 and X-Men were neXt on line after Blade or towards the end of phase 4.

While the Deadpool we are getting neXt year, is just a continuation of the previous Deadpool instead of a full on reboot.

I hope Disney don't get crazy with the pitches and greenlit Young Avengers, Midnight Sun, Nova, Tigra, Hyperion, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"