Hawkeye Solo Origin Film, how would you do it?

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
If Hawkeye was given his own solo franchise his own solo origin film how would you go about doing it? What would be the plot or which villain or villains would you include? Would you have any of the other Marvel comic book heroes make a cameo in Hawkeye's solo film?

I would have done something with the Fraction arc as a superintendent protecting an apartment building but that sort of went out the window when Whedon gave him the Ultimates backstory of having a secret family. It would definitely be about his brother and Trickshot and a shady past as a thief, tying up loose ends.

Or I've been thinking what happened to all the SHIELD agents who weren't Hydra. I'm guessing some of them became mercenaries after the collapse. Maybe he runs into old teammates. Maybe he was on SHIELD's SWAT where Special weapons were more about eccentric weapons. So mine through some of the B-list roster. Razorfist. Swordsman. Headsman (used an axe). Others I can't quite think of. Taskmaster maybe.

Last edited:
Yeah I definitely agree with that but then of course his solo film would have to be an origin film in every sense of the word but they can't do that when he has been a part of the Avengers franchise and not to mention has had his endless array of cameos in other Marvel solo origin films

Why would his solo HAVE to be an origin. He's already introduced, just hit the ground running

I wouldn't mind seeing one down the line where he trains Kate Bishop.

Fair enough but then who would you have as the big villains for his solo movie then?

I wouldn't mind seeing one down the line where he trains Kate Bishop.

I agree. What I like most about Renner's portrayal so far is when he is "daddyhawk" as fans have come to call it. Especially towards Wanda.

Having him train Kate would allow him to show off more of this father figure/mentor role he does so well, plus it could set up Kate for Young Avengers or even as a regular Avenger later on.

I'd also have Clint deal with going deaf. I think that would be interesting.

tumblr_nrq2trkQYX1s6aduso1_1280.jpg

As for Hawkeye's solo I wonder if you would want any of the heroes from the other franchises to cameo?

I've been thinking about it. Trickshot, his former mentor and former theif, comes to his family's house. He tells Clint that his other mentor, Swordsman, who is still thieving with Clint's brother, Barney. They got in over their head and now Clint has to bail them out. Probably just pick some arms dealer or international gangster from the Marvel universe who probably won't make it into another movie.

Trickshot - Bruce Campbell
Barney Barton - Dean Winters
Swordsman - Lambert Wilson

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"