• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Which heroes deserve a solo film?

Hulk deserves another solo film, especially in a post-Avengers MCU.

I also want the following solo films:

Black Widow (with Hawkeye and Nick Fury as supporting characters)
Scarlet Witch (with Vision as her supporting character, maybe House of M film)
Venom (after being established in a Spider-Man film, with Carnage as the villain)
Spider-Man 2099
Spider-Woman
Ghost Rider
Nick Fury: Agent of Shield
Silver Surfer (assuming Marvel gets the rights back)

Black Widow is a strong possibility to replace Inhumans slot in the Phase 3 schedule. It could be set within the context of the Accords post Infinity War, seeing Natasha operating as a mercenary, and featuring an exploration of her dark past, her relationships with Clint and Nick getting strong focus, with Yelena being one of her antagonists.

Venom is very possible, but he won't be a villain in such a story. I could see them doing an Agent Venom thing more than classic Venom, though.

Spider-Man 2099 maybe, but probably around Phase 5 or 6 time. It could be a great, refreshing, left-field movie. It could have a connection to the wider MCU via the future Spiderman seeking to warn the past about the future via time travel or some such.

Silver Surfer is a good chance if they get the rights back. Focus on his ambivalent relationship with Galactus, his life as Norin Rad is pretty essential to establish before we get to him becoming Galactus's herald, and his journeying across the universe.

As for a Scarlet Witch movie...I would like to see it but sadly I think it's as likely as pigs flying on jet-powered pencils with glowing lead.

House of M is way, way too controversial; it's been accused of being misogynistic and stigmatizing mental illness in an extremely nasty way. I don't think Marvel Studios wants to be pilloried by mental health charities; Disney does not want that on their plate. It's too problematic. Also, 616 Wanda has never recovered from it, Marvel Studios don't want to repeat the colossal mess the comics division made.

Also, you need either Chthon or Set as the primary villain for a HoM adaptation to work, and you need to establish them first, otherwise it won't work.

Ideally, a Scarlet Witch movie should have Agatha Harkness, Chthon, Victoria Montessi, and maybe Vision, and have a more horror, gothic tone (think Babadook) than Doctor Strange, with a greater emphasis on the supernatural.

-either film or series

Silver Surfer (film)

Black Panther (in making)

Inhumans (in making?)

Shang Chi Master of Kung Fu (Netflix series)

Rom Spaceknight (Netflix series)

Elektra (Netflix series)

the Eternals (series)

Iron Fist (in the making)

Morbius the Living Vampire (series)

Ghost Rider (series)

Storm (film or series)

Venom (film or series)

I think we'll see Moon Knight on Netflix, sooner or later.

If Marvel/Netflix could do for Moon Knight what they did for Daredevil, then TV > Movie for sure.

Within MCU:
-Infinity Watch. Never read the comics but surprised no one's mentioned this as they're making movies at the end of phase 3 that this can be spun-off from.

-Perhaps a "Defenders", "Illuminati", "New Avengers", "West Coase Avengers", or "Thunderbolts" movie to go along with or substitute the "Avengers" franchise at some point.

-Namor (perhaps introduce in a Defenders movie?)

Outside MCU:
-Squadron Supreme
-Malibu properties (Rune seems visually interesting)
-Sony owned spin-offs out of MCU continuity
-MCU horror themed movies like "tomb of Dracula" or something (perhaps an anthology TV show???)

Edit: Thoughts on Sony based Spin-offs:
-I think Silver Sable is probably the one that should be developed first as many different directions could take with that that aren't necessarily tied to Spiderman. Plus, the Eastern European setting along with large group of mercenaries would make it different than Black Widow in my opinion as she's less a spy and more a diplomat/contracted mercenary for hire it seems.

-Venom: The "wiki" entry I found on the "Life Foundation" seems like would make for an interesting movie that includes the 5 symbiots and the Jury: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_Foundation Perhaps if Venom has a slightly altered origin (movie not center on this) and starts off in a prison involving the "Life Foundation" and 5 symbiots they they produce it could have have an Alien type vibe that could work... Perhaps the sequel could introduce an already existing and strictly evil Carnage (alluded to in first movie) as straight-up Venom vs. Carnage kind of thing (other characters perhaps involved as well). The 3rd film involve a mass symbiote infestation, could maybe re-introduce Drake along with introduction of the tri-sentinal (perhaps tie back to the Jury?), and explore the home planet of the symbiots perhaps.

Last edited:
I'm holding out for a hero we will probably see, but needs a better backstory.

Give me a Jack Munroe/Nomad story. A decent one. One where he's on that list that actually is with another IP at another studio, but could be used. The list of "One of the best there is at what he does, but what he does ain't very nice." Make him a counter-assassin, or some sort of spy, who has been kicking around a long time, an old man, but still healthy and active, who knew the Hank Pym/Janet Van Dyne crew, teamed up with Simon/WonderMan, and knows and hates a general *** secretary of state.

Blade needs a reboot (to erase the memory of Blade:Trinity). But how about starting with the original Blade?
Blade- Derek Luke
Jamal Afari - Lennie James
Ogun Strong, Azu, Orji, and Musenda -
Michael K. Williams
Jamie Hector
Common
Orlando Jones

Safron – Yaya Dacosta
Dracula – Jason Isaacs

I think fans need to wrap their heads around the fact that a BW movie won't be a wisecracking, good-versus-evil, superpowered romp that other Marvel movies have been. It should be grounded, sombre, heavier on dialogue, and morally ambiguous - characteristics that aren't necessarily billion-dollar summer blockbuster territory but can still make a very good movie.

That is nowhere near how Marvel operates.

I feel like when it comes to films, the ones who I'd really like to see are

Black Widow
War Machine

And sequels for Iron Man and Hulk

Black Knight should also be a possibility. It would be the story of the Ebony Blade as Nathan Garret passes it along on his death bed to Dane Whitman.

And if we're talking Spider-Man spin-offs, I'd like it if we'd get Silver Sable and then Venom. Maybe Prowler a few years down the line if his current series does well.

Anything else is really better suited to TV.

TV shows that I'd be up for would be

ABC Series
She-Hulk

Freeform Series
Avengers Academy

Disney Channel Series
Power Pack

Netflix Series
Moon Knight
Shang Chi
Elektra
Blade
Thunderbolts

Spider Man characters that deserve their own movie:

Prowler
Silver Sable
Morbius

Other Lesser known Marvel characters/teams that should get their own movie/Netflix series:

Darkhawk
Sleepwalker
Nightwatch

Midnight Sons
the Nightstalkers
The Spirits of Vengeance
Darkhold Redeemers

The Jury
Thunderbolts
West Coast Avengers

*Slow clap*

Would love to see solo Nova and Quasar movies at some point.

For other outer space characters, there's always Nova and Quasar.

For team movies:

Thunderbolts
Howling Commandoes (Marvel Monsters as the heroes, Dracula as the villain)

Howling Commandoes could literally be the next Guardians of the Galaxy. A team featuring a Mummy, a Werewolf, Frankenstein, maybe Blade and Dracula as the bad guy.

I see your Howling Commandos and raise you Nextwave.

I'd be up for seeing Silk or Spider-Woman.

Who is the Jury?

I don't really know the Jury either. Seem like some throwaway characters from late 80's/early 90's. From what I researched on the "Life Foundation" they seem like interesting candidates to throw into a Venom movie at some point.

Here's another link I found with bit more detail from appearance in comics: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Jury_(comics)

Essentially the Jury is financed by the father of a guard at "The Vault" who died during a Venom escape. The 5 member's consist of the gaurd's friends who wear suits each with different features modified from the original guardsmen armor worn at the vault (design stolen from Tony Stark). Of course pretty corny comic stories involving their primary agenda going through the city involving trapping then putting certain hero's on trial upon capture and so forth. Later writers also used them as gaurds for shady organizations such as the Life Foundation (original Jury financier retconned into being a shareholder of said foundation it seems to connect to another comic story's agenda).

Perhaps the characters themselves could be used towards something interesting although, in my opinion, I wouldn't give them their own movie.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"