• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If The Hulk had his own franchise

Question.

What I mean is take for example if you have a friend who never talked and then 10 years later in college he starts saying words. Wouldnt it be weird? It'd take some adjusting to get used to right? Thats what Im saying with the Hulk. Not that he'll sound weird it'll just be wierd to here him talk in IW and not have talked in Ragnarok...if he doesnt which lets be honest he will. I mean assuming the next time he talks is on IW that will have been a 6 year gap between 2012 where he said Puny God in Avengers and 2018 when Infinity Wars comes out.

Hence why I am hoping he talks in Ragnarok and not just "Smash" like full sentences. Third person or not.

I like the way they handled Hulk's talking in Earth Mightiest heroes. He wasn't very chatty, but he communicated in short sentence's. Stayed true to his stoic nature, but were able to add an extra layer to him.

Why won't they make another Hulk movie?

Why won't they make another Hulk movie?

Universal has the distribution rights. It's easier to throw him into Avengers and Thor films thanks to the somewhat odd rights situation.

Unless Marvel/Disney somehow were to get the distribution rights back for The Hulk which I don't see happening anytime soon but if they did then I could see Hulk having his own solo film franchise

The whole thing reminds me of Nintendo selling Rare to Microsoft, yet they could still use certain characters in portable games due to a lack of Microsoft equivalent.

Maybe Ragnarok will wet the GA's appetite for another Hulk solo and Disney will try to negotiate with Universal. It's a long shot, but Hulk was clearly the surprise star of the Avengers, and I think Mark Ruffalo has acquired a pretty solid fanbase.

Yes a Mark Ruffalo franchise with him as the lead would make sense but then at the same time you would have to have General Ross back for the solo franchise that is a definite must but then who does Marvel get as Betty Ross?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2015/06/19/details-of-marvels-hulk-film-rights-fans-can-relax-about-sequel/#555a761d46ff

To answer my own question from earlier. According to Forbes, the rights issue is just a smokescreen. Obviously, Marvel wouldn't like to share the profit with Universal, but that wouldn't let them stop them from making a sequel if they really wanted to.

After two underwhelming box office performances, Marvel Studios just thinks that Ruffalo and Hulk aren't a big enough draw and they're not going to make an investment knowing they wouldn't get a big return on it since the Hulk character is expensive to put onscreen. I don't blame them. Its just good business.

OTOH, Thor 3 might be a testbed to stick their finger in the waters again. Its not a Hulk solo movie, but it also isn't an Avengers film. If they add Hulk to Thor 3, and coincidentally it approaches a billion BO? They might reconsider that solo movie.

I always liked Thor as a character and his films seem to be better than most. The capt. America movies have set the bar high, if Thor 3 uses Hulk right it could extend cameos for both characters down the road outside Avenger movies. Just like RDJ is appearing as Ironman in Civil war & new Spider-Man movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"