• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Hbo's -ROME- SEASON 2:The Offical Discussion thread.

Rome is my all time favorite show, will there be a 3rd season? God! I hope so.

When season 1 was first out, the series creator said that there would be three seasons and he broke it out as such.

Season 1: Pompey and Caesar's struggle for power. The season ends with Caesar's death.

Season 2: Octavian's rise to power and his alliance with Antony. The season ends with them defeating Brutus.

Season 3: Octavian vs. Antony. The season ends with Octavian being crowned emperor Caesar Augustus.

Since the series was cut down to two seasons, they merged seasons 2 and 3 together. After Caesar is crowned Emperor there's about 40 years of peace and that wouldn't really make for great television. If anything, once Antony is defeated that would be the logical end of the series. Unless of course they decided to move on to Nero, Claudius, Caligula and the rest. But then of course you can just rent "I, Claudius" and "Caligula". From what I hear, "I, Claudius" is pretty good and I plan to rent those after "Rome" is finished.

I'm curious to see if Vorenous does indeed carry out 'Anthony's secret mission'.

Great great ep. I'm really gonna miss this show.

Funny how they kept that guy, (memio-the guy who's tongue Pullo bit out last week) in a cage! :D

Seems like it was 5 years or so between this ep and last week.

Pullo seems concerned that Octavian wants his son killed.

Next week we'll see Pullo and Vorenus finally back together. :up:

And lastly, a well deserved dimise to that ***** Gaia. The lack of respect Pullo showed her by throwing her in the river like a dead dog, shows that the old Pullo we know and love is back!

Great great ep. I'm really gonna miss this show.

Funny how they kept that guy, (masious-the guy who's tongue Pullo bit out last week) in a cage! :D

Seems like it was 5 years or so between this ep and last week.

Pullo seems concerned that Octavian wants his son killed.

Next week we'll see Pullo and Vorenus finally back together. :up:

And lastly, a well deserved dimise to that ***** Gaia. The lack of respect Pullo showed her by throwing her in the river like a dead dog, shows that the old Pullo we know and love is back!

yeah, when pullo choked the life out of her, fantastic, especially the expression on his face, and the way it changed as he went from mourning boyfriend, to vengeful husband.

Octavians wife has a rather nice body.

I'm so sad/happy for the next episode. I'm going to have to buy these on DVD cause it's so great.
Yea Octavian wife had some bouncing boobies for sure.

Ha... my roommate said that Octavian's wife had a "trailer park face."

And yes, I'm very sad that this show is ending but at the same time I'm glad that it's going out at the top of it's game and not overstaying its welcome like so many other shows do. (X-Files, The Sopranos...)

The British seem to do that well. They know when to quit while they're ahead.

Yeah, ending it on a high note is the one good thing that's coming out of this series ending. It'll be remember as something great..unlike The Sopranos.

I hope Kevin Mckidd now starts filming the Dog Soldiers sequel.

Jeez, HBO has hooked me again on one of its series. I've only seen one episode of Rome and I already wanna buy season 1 and watch it. :up::up:

That's what happened to me. I got a hold of season 1 last summer and ended up watching it in about 3 days.

I'm hoping CBS picks up the zombie series that Ray Stephenson's filming a pilot for. Titus Pullo versus zombies. I couldn't ask for anything more.

Wow, can't believe it's over.

In a way i'm glad Vorenus died. He truly found peace at that final point in his life.

Awesome show. Glad it went out with a bang! :up:

Btw, do you guys think the reason why they didn't actually show Vorenus die, per say, in case they get the go ahead to renew the show in the future..?

loved this show from Day 1 however it never occurred to me to talk about it here. I was pretty bummed out that they had to shorten it to just 2 seasons instead of the original 3. This past season was unbelievable. One of the best acted shows I've ever watched by far. Also I loved their spin on the whole Marc Antony/Cleopatra thing.

Really liked the final episode. I think it ended everything in all the right ways. This season always felt a little weird with big events happening very quickly, sometimes it felt rushed which is understandable considering how much they had to wrap up. I liked how things ended with Atia. I love how she finally gets everything she had schemed and killed for and in the end finds herself in nothing but silent misery. I also like that things ended "well" for Vorenus and Pollo. Every character in this show was pretty rotten, but these are the only two I found myself rooting for, and they deserved the closure they get in the end.

Pullo and Vorenus were definately the life and heart of the show.

brilliant ending. I don't know what to say, because the show always left me anticipating what was to come. Now that it is over, I'm sad.

maybe they'll pick up at some point in the future, with a retelling of I Claudius, in the 'Rome' style of telling the story

I have "I, Claudius" coming from Netflix today! I heard from someone I know who is a big fan of "Rome" that "I, Claudius" holds up even though it was made in the 70's.

But I thought the show ended tremendously. I thought Atia's scene at the end was excellent and Antony's scenes should easily win Mark Purefoy an Emmy.

I like the way that they ended things with Lucius. They showed him redeemed in his children's eyes which was the most important thing for him. There was no need to show him dying since he was already "at peace" with his children.

And the show ended as everything you watch should. Wanting more.

I have "I, Claudius" coming from Netflix today! I heard from someone I know who is a big fan of "Rome" that "I, Claudius" holds up even though it was made in the 70's.

But I thought the show ended tremendously. I thought Atia's scene at the end was excellent and Antony's scenes should easily win Mark Purefoy an Emmy.

I like the way that they ended things with Lucius. They showed him redeemed in his children's eyes which was the most important thing for him. There was no need to show him dying since he was already "at peace" with his children.

And the show ended as everything you watch should. Wanting more.

You guys should head over the the official site. there's a BIG petition for Hbo to bring it back.

http://boards.hbo.com/thread.jspa?threadID=700007806&tstart=0&mod=1174925583819

Plus, most viewers there don't believe Vorenus is dead because:

1)Pullo lied about ceasarian, so he could have done the same about his 'brother' Vorenus.

2)He seemed to cheery, once Octavian brought up the reward thing. A little odd for a man who'd just lost his best friend..

He was very happen as the show ended too. I think Vorenus fled Rome with his daughters. Remember he mentioned settling down somewhere and finding work as a Soldier when he and Pullo were in the desert. Plus Rome had some of the best doctors in the wrold at the time...

..but i think the show left things the way they are, so we the viewer, can draw their own conclusion

That was my favorite HBO series .... and that's saying something cause I love Six Feet Under and Curb.
My favorite thing about the whole series was the evolution of the Vorenus and Pullo characters. Going from conforming "do what you're told" soldiers to being so jaded by the most powerful people in the world at the time was awsome. Loved it that Vorenus doesn't cower to Cleopatra at all after Antony offs himself. Also when Pullo and Vorenus meet again at the camp was great, Pullo telling the kid his mother killed herself like "**** happens kid, get over it" was hillarious. Even though the fight scene at the end was kind of contrived in my opinion, it was a good end for Vorenus and Pullo. It's a damn shame that they couldn't stretch it out for a third season but thats how **** works in television I guess.

This was a great episode. I thought Antony, Cleopatra and Vorenus all ahd magnificently acted sympathetic and powerful deaths (and not showing Vorenus after he found peace was a great touch). Octavian proves himself to be the villain I always knew he was and Atia's regret as Antony and Cleopatra's corpses are ridden by is a very sad and brilliant touch. And Pullo has always been my favorite character so him book ending the whole thing with a joke was great.

A terrific show, that will be missed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"