Headphones not working on recently formatted computer

Dragons Claws

Civilian
Reaction score
I have a set of headphones with a microphone. They would always automatically work after being plugged in, have recently formatted my computer and reinstalled software, however now when I plug the headphones in the sound comes out of both the headphones and the computer at the same time. How do I make it so the these headphones just work automatically without the computers speakers also playing?

So the headphones are working fine, it's your computer that isn't doing what you want it to do. Go to your audio device manager and look for an option something like "Mute rear panel output when front panel headphone plugged in" and make sure it's enabled.

Also, this is only a temporary solution but you could try just plugging your headphones directly into the speaker jack on the back of your computer.

Its a laptop with built in speakers so the latter is not an option. Excuse my ignorance but where would I find the sound management options, ones I found on control panel do not seem to give me the option.

Its a laptop with built in speakers so the latter is not an option. Excuse my ignorance but where would I find the sound management options, ones I found on control panel do not seem to give me the option.
It depends on what kind of sound card you have. Most come with their own software for configuration which can usually be accessed from the programs menu or in the notification area of the taskbar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"