My sound is Randomly Not Working!...

Super Flight

Sidekick
Reaction score
my sound its randomly not working. It was working well yesterday.... I turned my computer on today and find the sound not working.... Its plugged in and everything, i can hear a faint static sound coming form the speakers. I can't even listen through head phones. I don't even blast the volume loud. so i have no idea what the hell happend....... :(

My friends computers had the same things happend to them and they never got theirs fixed.....

my computers an xps dell and its about 3 years old.. so is there any people that know a lot about getting the sound system back up, or Had or Has the same problem?.....

any help would be nice, thanks

Just because you couldn't change your name doesn't mean you shouldn't post in the right forum. :(

Next time you get it to work don't turn you computer off.:p

When's the last time you formatted? How old is the computer?

Take the speakers put them in another pc, if they dont work, buy some more

Same with the soundcard if you can

As one of the more technical members of these boards, my official diagnosis is that your speakers are broken for some reason0. You're welcome.

jag

jaguarr said:
As one of the more technical members of these boards, my official diagnosis is that your speakers are broken for some reason0. You're welcome.

jag

Wow! your so good :eek: do it again :D

black_dust said:
Wow! your so good :eek: do it again :D

I'm happy to lend my technical proficiencies to those in need. :)

(Super Flight, we need more info than what you've provided to really be able to help you, to be honest. What operating system do you have? Did you install anything in the time before you last turned your computer off? Are you running any anti-virus software? What the the number of your active credit card with the highest spending limit? Please provide the security code on the back of that card along with the number.)

jag

jaguarr said:
I'm happy to lend my technical proficiencies to those in need. :)

(Super Flight, we need more info than what you've provided to really be able to help you, to be honest. What operating system do you have? Did you install anything in the time before you last turned your computer off? Are you running any anti-virus software? What the the number of your active credit card with the highest spending limit? Please provide the security code on the back of that card along with the number.)

jag

well i'm using windows xp. I installed some windows updates. I use nortan anti virus. i'm just confussed what would have caused it to stop working

Super Flight said:
I can't even listen through head phones.
When you say this do you plug them into the speaker or do you plug them into the jack on the sound card? This is another good way to see if its your speakers that are fooked! plug head phones into where the speakers go :p

Did you check the device manager to see if the sound card is working properly? I think you can even do a little troubleshooting from there.

Super Flight said:
well i'm using windows xp. I installed some windows updates. I use nortan anti virus. i'm just confussed what would have caused it to stop working

The Windows updates could have caused this, actually. Disable Norton, reboot and see if that helps. If not, you might try going into "My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager> Sounds, video and game controllers" and use the Uninstall function for everything you see there that will let you do so. Reboot. Let your system re-detect the hardware and reinstall the drivers. You'll probably have to reboot again after that. This will help somewhat rule out (not completely, but somewhat) a driver or software issue.

jag

^ awsome thanks its working now, all my sound settings where messed up, the windows updates changed the settings on the audio devices for some reason, i dunno what it did, but its working now. but it could have also been the anti virus it started working when i disabled it. Thanks for the help! :D

*PROBLEM SOLVED*

See? I told you. They were broken. :)

jag

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back