Heavy Rain - Light info appears and two vague screenshots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started playing this game last night, and I like the format but man was I bored. I heard it starts off slow, so I'm hoping it gets more interesting. Someone reassure me that I didn't waste my money.

I liked the game a lot, but if you're bored in the beginning, you probably won't care much for the rest of it, either.

How far did you get? The intro section was meant to serve as a tutorial for the controls. The game doesnt start to really kick off till a couple of chapters in when you are immersed in the kidnapping/murder cases. Have you at least played as all 4 characters yet?

I got up to the third character, I started analyzing the crime scene and then my power went out. I did enjoy the fight scene before it, I feel like it was starting to pick up.

I started playing this game last night, and I like the format but man was I bored. I heard it starts off slow, so I'm hoping it gets more interesting. Someone reassure me that I didn't waste my money.
i guess it depends if the story grips you right away. the opening scenes with Ethan are really dry so i can't blame anyone for thinking its pretty lame in the beginning. but once youve gone through each character's intro (especially Madison and Shelby) you can see how great all the game mechanics work together.

id say if you've gone as far as Ethan's first trial and aren't enjoying the game you probably won't enjoy the rest of it.

I got up to the third character, I started analyzing the crime scene and then my power went out. I did enjoy the fight scene before it, I feel like it was starting to pick up.
yea when i first played the demo, Norman's crime scene was pretty cool but Shelby's fight was what sold me into buying it. if that got you excited stick around for more cool scenes.

Yeah most of my complaints are with the first character's scenes. I couldn't find the damn teddy bear!!!! Where was it???

well if it bothers you that much you could replay the chapter. :cwink:

Last edited:
I just played the first sequence with the female character. Damn that was intense. I'm definitely digging this game.

....Plus I saw her boobies. +

I just played the first sequence with the female character. Damn that was intense. I'm definitely digging this game.

....Plus I saw her boobies. +
yes that why I asked if you've played through with all characters. Once you've handled them all, (Madison being the last), you get a much better feel for the game and it gets better. It is a bit slow before this

Yeah I find myself reflecting on a lot on the decisions I've made, wondering what would have happened if I had done something different, I just wanna keep playing.

i need to get back into this game - i got pretty far in it, but have yet to beat it.

In other Heavy Rain news, looks like we found out who the f-tard driving the car that killed Jason at the beginning was. Brace yourselves:

[YT]HSks2eaxytA[/YT]

Hahahaha nice. I don't get how Jason died in that scene. It looks like Ethan jumped in the way and took the initial hit, then the car came to a halt. They should have just had him get hit.

Hahahaha nice. I don't get how Jason died in that scene. It looks like Ethan jumped in the way and took the initial hit, then the car came to a halt. They should have just had him get hit.

Here's why he died: because the plot said so.

It was just poorly executed IMO. Same with John Marshal's death. How did the water rise to drown him? If it got any higher it would have just poured onto the ground around him. The water was already up to the brim of the pipe, ya know?

It was just poorly executed IMO. Same with John Marshal's death. How did the water rise to drown him? If it got any higher it would have just poured onto the ground around him. The water was already up to the brim of the pipe, ya know?

Again, plot convenience.

Only problem I had with this game is that they never address Ethan's blackouts. The other plotholes I can overlook, but this is something I would've really liked to see explained.

Otherwise, this game was completely fantastic, top to bottom: the story, the music, even the gameplay.

He was schizophrenic, brought on by his traumatic experience. However, why did he have visions on boys drowning?

I beat the game tonight. So good. I'll def play again someday.

5 months after completing the game i hooked it up again but this time with the move controller :) pretty cool the way they have set it up :D

He was schizophrenic, brought on by his traumatic experience. However, why did he have visions on boys drowning?

Watch this video. It explains A LOT about that.

[YT]jxpdGB6Gbac[/YT]

Kids are fragile and the impact was enough to put Ethan into a coma. Even with him between the car and his son the son would have hit the road hard.

i see it as fighting against the water tires him out until he cannot keep himself up right enough to be out of the water.

david cage referred to that as a mcguffin but he probably meant fridge logic or an icebox scene. that is as it appears in the game rather than the psychic link that the deleted scenes postulate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"