Heavy Rain - Light info appears and two vague screenshots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure they can change up the story and maybe add some new characters and elements to keep it different from the game. I doubt it would be a moment-by-moment translation.

of course it couldn't be "moment-by-moment" cuz that depends how you played the game in the first place :oldrazz:.

Yea but at the core this is basically a videogame movie and the mjaority of the people that will see it will most likely be videogame fans. In Hollywood, this is the type of stuff that producers try not to get leaked out before the movie drops and the HR is already out there, on the internet, youtube, etc... Its going to get out to the general public. Thats why I feel in order to keep it fresh and intruging, they might have to alter it.
yea theyll have the installed fanbase pretty much guaranteed, but there's no princess to save, no alien invasion, no guns blazing, or stopping the coming apocalypse, just a straight up mystery. its gonna be really easy to sell this to movie-goers who dont watch movies based off video games and/or genre properties all together. so if say 20% percent of the country has played the game and already knows the big twist (the same group who will most likely already support it), there's still that vast majority who has know idea what an Origami Killer is and they can pull in with a good trailer.

Last edited:
It doesn't have to be exactly like the Heavy Rain game. They could easily write a script that was inspired by the characters. I.E. maybe the movie could be about one of the other victims fathers who had to go through the trials.

Or they could do kind of a sequel to Heavy Rain where they talk about what the Oragmi Killer is up to now.

I don't know, I'm interested though.

I finally played The Taxidermist. It was short, but the same experience from the main game. Whats lost though is that they really could have built another game off of it, bc the mystery behind this is interesting enough to want to see expanded. Unforutnately for being just a small slice from Madison's past, they couldnt give it much development or explore it more. I cant believe its been the only 1 released so far

Yeah, these were meant to be monthly and we were supposed to have 5 of them, what gives?

haha, did you guys know about this?

175468-cute.jpg

LittleBigPlanet Heavy Rain

I think they're pretty awesome. I wonder if it'd be possible to do a choice-based LBP level. That could be pretty cool.

There are already choice based levels. Like, do I or do I not pull this lever and let my friends fall into a pit of fire? :awesome:

hrmove.jpg

In a press release issued this morning, Sony have listed all the first and third party titles currently locked for PlayStation Move support. There’s some obvious, known ones like Sorcery, SingStar Dance and SOCOM 4 but there’s at least one in there that Sony didn’t really focus on last night: Heavy Rain.
Yep, listed in amongst the others is what appears to be a special edition version of Quantic Dream’s unique, challenging adventure.

It’s listed simply as Heavy Rain Move Edition but we’re told it’s actually going to be a free patch, that’s released in October this year, which is a pleasant surprise and sure to be one of the most interesting uses of the Move controller.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/06/16/heavy-rain-move-edition/

The trailer is pants though. I'll play it through again, sure but it's just jerk your hand left instead of flick your thumb left.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/18/quantic-dream-puts-indefinite-hold-on-heavy-rain-dlc/

Holding your breath for new Heavy Rain DLC? Well, stop. Game Informer has learned that the "Heavy Rain Chronicles" have been put on indefinite hold, with creator Quantic Dream saying they were urged by Sony to redirect their focus on an upcoming Move patch for the game. It's not been canceled completely, mind, but it's not looking good.

No one's chalking the holdup to low interest, but one would imagine that if the first chunk of DLC -- which was free to those who purchased the game new, but on sale to those who didn't -- was moving like thickly-accented hotcakes, we'd already be playing the second episode.

:(

at least we finally have a reason for why ther hasnt been any. I hope they at leat have it ready for when the game is rereleased this fall with Move.

I just finished this game, a fun if frustrating experience. The movement controls were a bit **** and the plot more or less fell to pieces in the final act which was a REAL shame.

I like using the Move, I think it's easier to mess up the QTE's and stuff. Really it would have been awesome if Heavy Rain was held back for Move launch, then we could have got the DLC levels built in, a better quality product, and something else for the PS3's Christmas line-up other than GT5 (if we even have GT5 anymore).

I like using the Move, I think it's easier to mess up the QTE's and stuff. Really it would have been awesome if Heavy Rain was held back for Move launch, then we could have got the DLC levels built in, a better quality product, and something else for the PS3's Christmas line-up other than GT5 (if we even have GT5 anymore).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxpdGB6Gbac
great video showing deleted scenes and giving reasons why. i don't think the explanation for deleting the blackouts is good enough. since he talks about their content anyway. showing and not telling with such impressive sequences would have been really good.

I started playing this game last night, and I like the format but man was I bored. I heard it starts off slow, so I'm hoping it gets more interesting. Someone reassure me that I didn't waste my money.

I started playing this game last night, and I like the format but man was I bored. I heard it starts off slow, so I'm hoping it gets more interesting. Someone reassure me that I didn't waste my money.
How far did you get? The intro section was meant to serve as a tutorial for the controls. The game doesnt start to really kick off till a couple of chapters in when you are immersed in the kidnapping/murder cases. Have you at least played as all 4 characters yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"