Hollywood Bans Superheroes

Kane52630

T-800 User
Reaction score
http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-hollywood-characters,0,2280392.story

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/101998-hollywood-bans-superheroes

rwrvyx.jpg

Superheroes are being asked to give up their costumed identities today on the streets of Los Angeles, according to KTLA News.

The Walk of Fame sidewalk along Hollywood Blvd. between Highland and Orange has, for years, been the site of costumed panhandling and was featured in the 2007 documentary, Confessions of a Superhero.

Characters range from popular heroes like Batman and Superman to horror icons like Michael Myers and Chucky (played, terrifyingly, by a masked midget). Some are regulars and some appear only for brief periods. Avatar's release late last year saw a rash of Na'vi while a near-perfect Michael Jackson lookalike has been dancing on his Walk of Fame star since the singer's death.

The performers skirt legality by asking tourists to "tip" them rather than charge for photos outright. Now, police officers have begun cracking down on the enterprise, arresting characters for operating without a business permit.

This new legislation is an ironic parallel to Marvel's superhero registration act, as depicted in the 2007 comic book crossover Civil War, ultimately revealed as a conspiracy that would aide in an invasion by the alien Skrull race.

Man it's gonna be :awesome: seeing Batman running from the police.

I'm totally siding with Captain America on this.

They'll chase him. They'll hound him. Set the dogs on him.

Because he's the superhero themed performance artist they deserve. But not the one they need right now.

A Dark Knight....:awesome:

See! They took Spider-man down. They Need our help!

erd2zb.jpg

I saw that doc last year - pretty interesting stuff.

The guy who played Batman looks almost exactly like George Clooney :awesome:

The Batman out there (he was featured in the documentary) has already been arrested several times for attacking and threatening people who didn't tip him.

Yeah I don't feel bad for Batman, but Superman on the other hand seemed like a stand up guy.

I really don't think they should be focusing on THIS of all things in Hollywood/Los Angeles.

When the MJ look-alike is carried away in cuffs, people will just think it's part of the act.

you want to perform on the street...get a permit

end of discussion

I think they just f@$%*! up one of their main tourist attractions.

are you kidding me?? dirty people cavorting on the street dressed like idiots and don't have real jobs are not a main tourist attraction...I have friends that work/live in LA and NO ONE likes them, they are merely tolerated by the general populace

The home-made Hulk costume in the "Confessions of a Superhero" documentary was hilarious...

The Batman out there (he was featured in the documentary) has already been arrested several times for attacking and threatening people who didn't tip him.

I-I-I don't have any change...swear to God!

SWEAR TO MEEEEEEEE!!!!!

I-I-I don't have any change...swear to God!

SWEAR TO MEEEEEEEE!!!!!

In the documentary....they follow him to some of his psychiatric sessions...and he alludes to having killed people in the past...which makes him pretty dangerous...he could be an actual killer, or a wannabe killer, or a nutzo who actually thinks he has killed so wouldn't be adverse to doing it again even though it wouldn't be again in reality but he isn't living in reality so he wouldn't care......

In the documentary....they follow him to some of his psychiatric sessions...and he alludes to having killed people in the past...which makes him pretty dangerous...he could be an actual killer, or a wannabe killer, or a nutzo who actually thinks he has killed so wouldn't be adverse to doing it again even though it wouldn't be again in reality but he isn't living in reality so he wouldn't care......

I made my friend watch that movie with today and I really love the part when the psychiatrist tells him there's no statue of limitations on murder and Batman just kind of laughs it off. What a crazy bastard. I also like how he claims to know all these forms of deadly martial arts and yet when we see him in the karate class he can't even get his stances right. lol

The police are arresting those costumed performers who don't have permits because their asking for tips, why don't they arrest the homeless people who ask for money at every McDonald's?

I am sure the locals hate them. Just like I hate all the new college students that flood in here in the fall & walk around like f-ing tourists!:cmad:

But in the long run I am sure they were bringing money to the businesses around them from tourists. How long has this actually been going on. I would assume for a while. So why the fuss now?

The locals may hate them, but I visited LA there last year in May and I absolutely LOVED them! The secret is taking pictures of them when they aren't looking. :p

I mean, where ELSE can you get a picture of both The Dark Lord AND Darth Vader?? :D
darklord.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"