The Gifted Home media release | The Gifted

Reaction score
http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Gifted-Season-1/23723

Pricing is available, however, at $39.98 SRP. There are no other details available so far at Amazon's entry, but there is early box art (seen below; this may not be finalized yet, and could be subject to change). There is no Blu-ray Disc pre-order listing...but Fox is moving away from TV-BD releases, so may possibly have decided not to create a Blu version of it. Stay tuned, of course, and we'll update you further on this title, just as soon as we find out more! Our thanks to one of our readers, "Jordan," for emailing us about it.

This is good news. I didn't realize Fox or any studio for that matter was limiting their home video releases to DVD. If anything I thought the opposite was happening. That's an interesting strategy to try to get people to pay more for the HD versions. I personally buy everything on DVD except for action movies and some classic films.

Thing is blue ray discs are more expensive and cheaper to produce, though they are less prone to disc scratches.

here is thing there remains people like me who have never gone blu-ray and now studios are caring more about digital for future.

fox is one that has digital coupons with their dvds.i got hd versions on digital from dofp the rogue cut,deadpool,apoclaypse,and logan.of course it works better with itunes codes and not crpapy ultraviolet.

if fox is moving away from blu-ray for tv seasons it probally means they weren't selling well.

I have all the X-Men movies on DVD as well, not Blu-Ray.

I have all the X-Men movies on DVD as well, not Blu-Ray.

i have them all on dvd as well as wolverine and the x-men.

i bought most of 90's animated show from itunes in part since they are more in production order than aired order.

only x related film i haven't gotten on hd is origins and the wolverine.now i got expanded version of the wolverine in sd from itunes.that isn't on dvd.hd itunes
will give you special features on blu-ray not on dvd.

apart from the special features inless i am using it to make screen caps in highest quality possable i am fine with dvds to watch films.besides i still like having physical copy of films and tv shows.i know i am not only one who still buys dvd.fact studios still produce dvds is proof of it.people haven't abanded
dvds on mass for blu-ray like they did vhs for dvd.thing is too now studios
care more on getting people to buy digital versions from itunes or ultra violet than care about getting people to abanden dvd for blu-ray.

plus it's royal pain in ass for many to get blu-ray to play on their computers.fairly easy to play dvds on computer.

i have them all on dvd as well as wolverine and the x-men.
Shiny. :)

i got expanded version of the wolverine in sd from itunes.that isn't on dvd.hd itunes will give you special features on blu-ray not on dvd.
I generally do find it a bit annoying that blu-ray gets all the nice extras whereas DVD usually only gets a few basic ones.

plus it's royal pain in ass for many to get blu-ray to play on their computers.fairly easy to play dvds on computer.
That's the main reason I've stuck with DVDs as well.

Shiny. :)

I generally do find it a bit annoying that blu-ray gets all the nice extras whereas DVD usually only gets a few basic ones.

That's the main reason I've stuck with DVDs as well.

it is anoying on special features.but this is because they wanted people to switch to blu-rays.rogue cut of dofp shows they can still put them on dvd they just chooce not to.

it is anoying on special features.but this is because they wanted people to switch to blu-rays.rogue cut of dofp shows they can still put them on dvd they just chooce not to.
Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

So... has it been confirmed there will be no Blu-Ray release?

Kinda disappointed, since Legion did get BR release...

I mean, the Blu-Ray format could always come down the line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"