Batman: Brave and the Bold two disc DVD coming in August

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/news.php?action=fullnews&id=718
“Batman: The Brave And The Bold” Two-Disc DVD Collection Slated For August 2010
April 08, 2010 by James Harvey

A new two-disc DVD collection for the acclaimed Batman: The Brave and The Bold animated series is set for release later this year from Warner Home Video.

A representative for Warner Home Video has confirmed a two-disc Batman: The Brave and The Bold – Season One, Volume One DVD collection is tentatively scheduled to hit shelves in August 2010. An exact date is currently not available, though will be revealed in the coming weeks. Please also note the August 2010 date is strictly tentative and is subject to change. The studio was also unable to confirm if the same title will be given a Blu-ray disc release.

The two-disc Batman: The Brave and The Bold – Season One, Volume One DVD release is slated to collect the first thirteen episodes from the initial season of the acclaimed animated series along with additional bonus features. Warner Home Video is currently unable to provide any further specific details at this time.

The first thirteen episodes of the Batman: The Brave and The Bold animated series are currently available on three separate single-disc DVD volume releases. No special features are included on these volume DVD releases. Continue to the The World's Finest Batman: The Brave and The Bold subsite for further details on the animated series.

Stay tuned for further details on Batman: The Brave and The Bold – Season One, Volume One in the coming weeks, along with other home video announcements featuring DC Comics characters, here soon at The World’s Finest.
About. ****ing. Time. I was hoping for a whole first season set, personally, but this is way better than the little single disc four episode collections that have been coming out.

I was hoping for a complete first season release too. I wonder how long it will take for the rest to come out. So far no complete releases of XMen Evolution, Static Shock, or Legion of Superheroes (even though there have been partial releases of them).

No special features? Lame, I'll be waiting for full season sets with commentaries thankyou.

If I'm reading it correctly, it's making mention that the 3-4 ep volumes don't have any special features. This 13 ep set looks to be different.
The two-disc Batman: The Brave and The Bold – Season One, Volume One DVD release is slated to collect the first thirteen episodes from the initial season of the acclaimed animated series along with additional bonus features.
With as popular as full season sets have proven, especially amongst this niche community, you'd think studios wouldn't continue to be hesitant about just bringing the goods from the jump.

Ah well, it's a start. :awesome: :batman:

If I'm reading it correctly, it's making mention that the 3-4 ep volumes don't have any special features. This 13 ep set looks to be different.

With as popular as full season sets have proven, especially amongst this niche community, you'd think studios wouldn't continue to be hesitant about just bringing the goods from the jump.

Ah well, it's a start. :awesome: :batman:

They will make more money releasing 2 separate volumes priced at around the same way they would've a full season, that's why. The bottom line is always business. I'm just glad we at least have this as it's much better than the other alternative. Now I'm definitely buying these on DVD for sure.

Woops! Nevermind, I'm a lazy lazy reader today, thanks for making note of that Mister J. Bring on these sets then!

Aaargh! It's very irritating to see that WB thinks that volumes are better than seasons. There are scores of Batfans who would commit to buying a complete season. I download BATB episodes onto my PS3 and I'd still buy a DVD collection -- and I'd pay extra for a season over a volume. Aargh again!

Really, people? Nothing?

Not really surprising? This isn't Disney... Warner animation usually gives pretty decent extra features. I hope that was just early back art and they actually decide to give us a little something before it's released.

Not really surprising? This isn't Disney... Warner animation usually gives pretty decent extra features. I hope that was just early back art and they actually decide to give us a little something before it's released.
On their older stuff maybe, but on some of their newer animated stuff, there has been little to no extras.

Watched all 13 episodes from Season 1 part 1 TWICE, 2 days in a row.
Really is a good show, like the team-up aspect, especially to the lesser known characters of the DC Universe.
Loved the episode with Dead Man vs Gentleman Ghost.
The Owlman 2 parter is good.
I personally think they decided to release the DVDs in 13 episode sets, because that way the 13 episodes would seem like one season on it's own.

But I do agree, a complete season 1 set would have been amazing

Do you guys think this show will get a Blu-ray edition like Wolverine and the X-MEN?

Do you guys think this show will get a Blu-ray edition like Wolverine and the X-MEN?

I kinda doubt it. Warner Bros. these days don't seem to care too much about DVD/Blu-Ray releases beyong the DTVs. What happened to the X-Men show was a complete miracle. Almost makes me angry that, instead of sharing its glorious fate, The Spectacular Spider-Man had a mediocre first season release, and no second season release.

It should but I don't see it happening. We'll see...

It would, but since it's WB, don't count on it:cmad:

I just picked my copy up and I'm currently watching "Chill of The Night" in HD.

Hmm, think we'll eventually get a whole series box set? I hate buying TV DVDs in Season 2 Part 1/Part 2 sets. WB is usually pretty good about box sets aren't they?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"