Batman: The Brave and the Bold (General Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
wikipedia told me the "emperor joker" episode played at comic con.

updates people. i need updates.

The show is being cancelled.

Early this morning, Batman: The Brave and the Bold made its final appearance at San Diego Comic-Con. The gracious panel more than entertained the packed room, and gave us some hints at what's to come in the rest of the season, as well as some sad news as to the fate of the series.

As it is always easier to give the bad news first: it was reported at this panel that the remaining 13 episodes of the second season will be the show's last.

http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/110/1108206p1.html

You can see Joker-Mite and Harley Quinn-Mite in the background!!!!

Cool. Wish I could have made it to SDCC this year. Would have loved to get my hands on a cast signed poster. That chance will never come again :csad:

The panel seemed like alot of fun... and Deidrich Bader has certainly earned his place alongside Kevin Conroy in my opinion.

I don't think we will get a Superman/Batman team-up on this show.

Maybe not, but we are getting Supes and Wonder Woman. Not to mention a baseball match with heroes vs. villains!!!!!! (it will be a teaser, not a whole episode)

I don't think we will get a Superman/Batman team-up on this show.
Umm....we are. They've said that several times. We'll be getting a Batman/Superman team-up, a Batman/Wonder Woman teamup, and a trinity episode with them all together.

I think they announced they'd been cleared for the show during the same SDCC panel where they announced the cancellation.

I'm not even a Superman or Wonder Woman fan and I'm excited for it! That's the power of this show... err... was the power of this show. :csad:

cancelled in it's prime so sad.
It's not really cancelled in it's prime though, we've still got 26 episodes to air, bringing it up to 65 which is the syndication point for pretty much any animated show. So yeah, while I'm sad it's ending I don't think its ending before its time because an animation fan greatly hopes his favourite show will reach the 65 limit, that's an achievement. Ending like Spectacular Spiderman is an example of cancelled before its time, Weismann has a 65 ep arc planned.

Yeah too many people seem to think Brave and Bold flopped or something. Which is understandable because it's not a common knowledge that cartoons only usually get 56-65 episodes per show. I learned this myself not too long ago for example. :p

bbold-1-201x300.jpg

Brace yourself for THE ALL-NEW BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD series

Batman & Superman Team up possible a prequel to the World's Finest debut in the tv series .

I'm confused. Does this mean a reboot for the cartoon series? At any rate this just made my month.

No, it's just a reboot for the actual comic series itself... basically this ALL-New/#1 business will shift a few more issues than normal.

The only difference is Rick Burchett supplying the art (hopefully for a while)... his work is usually pretty solid and he always nailed the Bruce Timm style.

Looks like my stomach is about to feel bad. Brave and The Bold Toys are at McDonald's! Some of them actually look pretty cool, like Batman and the batmobile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el-4Q_cMAOY

I hate going into McDonald's as grown man and asking for the toys. But sometimes it's worth the shame.

Hello fellow Batfans i have some news for you.

Cartoon Network has provided episode details for upcoming new episodes of Batman: The Brave and The Bold. Additionally, Teletoon has provided schedule details for Batman: The Brave and The Bold and Justice League episodes slated to air on the Canadian network in September 2010.

Made available by the network, Cartoon Network has released details for upcoming new episodes of Batman: The Brave and The Bold slated to air later this month, September 2010. The World's Finest previously published schedule details for upcoming new episodes of Batman: The Brave and The Bold, available here, and Cartoon Network has now provided episode-specific details for new installments of the series scheduled to air this month on the network.

Friday, September 17th, 2010 at 7:00pm (ET) - "The Siege of Starro!, Part One!"
Led by Faceless Hunter, the Starro Invasion comes on full swing. Only Batman and a handful of unlikely heroes remain uninfected to thwart the alien parasites and their mind-controlled hosts before all of Earth is sucked dry.

Friday, September 24th, 2010 at 7:00pm (ET) - "The Siege of Starro!, Part Two!"
Star Conqueror may be defeated, but Faceless Hunter is not! The alien warrior manipulates B'Wana Beast, forcing him to combine the tiny starros into one massive beast he plans to use to destroy the planet! But Batman has his own back-up -- the Metal Men!

In continuing schedule news, below are official descriptions and airdates for episodes of the Batman: The Brave and The Bold animated series slated to air in September 2010 on the Canadian network Teletoon. Please note the episode details listed below are provided by Teletoon.

Friday, September 3rd, 2010 - "Terror on Dinosaur Island!"
Batman and Plastic Man thwart Gorilla Grodd's plot to devolve humans into primates.

Sunday, September 5th, 2010 - "Evil Under the Sea!"
Batman aids Aquaman as Ocean Master and Black Manta team up to assassinate him.

Sunday, September 19th, 2010 - "Day of the Dark Knight!"
Batman and Green Arrow are transported back in time by Merlin to go on a quest to retrive Excalibur, but must defeat Morgan Le Fey in the process.

Sunday, September 26th, 2010 - "Invasion of the Secret Santas!"
Batman and Red Tornado fight to stop Fun Haus' Yuletide crime spree.

Batman: The Brave and The Bold currently airs Sunday at 9am (ET) on the Teletoon "Action Force" programming block, but will move to 9:30am (ET) beginning Sunday, September 19th, 2010. Sunday-premiering episodes re-air Fridays at 7pm (ET) as part of the "Superfan Fridays" programming block. Please note that Batman: The Brave and The Bold will be pre-empted on Friday, September 10th, 2010, Sunday, September 12th, 2010, and Friday, September 17th, 2010 due to special programming events on Teletoon.

Continuing the episode schedule update, below are official descriptions and airdates for the episodes of the classic Justice League animated series slated for August 2010 on the Canadian network Teletoon. Once again, the episode details listed below are provided by Teletoon.

Friday, September 3rd, 2010 - "The Brave and The Bold, Part One"
Joining forces, Flash and Green Lantern fight to save Central City from the mind control of an evil supergenius named Gorilla Grodd. Part one of two.

Friday, September 24th, 2010 - "The Brave and The Bold, Part Two"
Joining forces, Flash and Green Lantern fight to save Central City from the mind control of an evil supergenius named Gorilla Grodd. Part two of two.

Justice League currently airs Friday at 8:00pm (ET) on the Teletoon "Superfan Fridays" programming block, though will move to the 7:30pm (ET) timeslot beginning September 24th, 2010. Please note that Justice League will be pre-empted on Friday, September 10th, 2010 and Friday, September 17th, 2010 due to special programming events. Click here for further details on Justice League.

Lastly, Teletoon Retro has not yet provided schedule details for Batman: The Animated Series episodes scheduled to air on the specialty Canadian network for September 2010. Stay tuned for further schedule and Batman: The Brave and The Bold updates here soon at The World's Finest.

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/news.php/news.php?action=fullnews&id=840

Hey Shocker, tried writing you a few times..you getting my emails?

Apparently The Nine Network in Australia is getting new episodes. Here's the descriptions:

The Last Patrol!
The outsider-heroes The Doom Patrol are pulled out of a hasty retirement when supervillains begin trying to
assassinate them, or perhaps re-unite them?

The Mask Of Matches Malone!
Batman, Huntress and Black Canary are after Two-Face and so is Catwoman. While incognito, Batman gets
amnesia and believes himself to be a real gangster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back