Batman: The Brave and the Bold (General Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Baywatch

Civilian
Reaction score
"The Brave And The Bold" - DC's Next Animated Series?

February 18, 2008 by James Harvey

The classic team-up comic book The Brave And The Bold could be the next DC Comics-inspired animated series from Warner Bros. Animation.

While nothing is confirmed at this time, the The Brave And The Bold animated series will apparently center around Batman teaming up with a different DC superhero in each episode. The series will also apparently have no ties to any previous animated incarnations. The Brave And The Bold is rumored to premiere next fall though, once again, nothing is confirmed at this time.

News on the next DC-inspired animated series should start trickling out soon. Stay tuned for further developments.

===
http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/news.php?action=fullnews&id=66

I'd watch it sure... but probably it would probably get too kid-friendly & become stale very quick...

i'm sure it would be too kid-friendly, also, most of the DC superheroes are lame to me, so i agree that it would get stale.

why are they lame??????

i agree some are but Batman, Superman, Wonderwoman & Lantern & Manhunter rock

because they are not as gritty, dark, realistic, badass as Batman. Or something like that ;)

why are they lame??????

i agree some are but Batman, Superman, Wonderwoman & Lantern & Manhunter rock
i'm just not a fan. they are all OKAY but i like to think of batman as separate. i mean, green lantern, superman, flash, manhunter, wonderwoman can all team up. but batman isn't like them. he doesn't have powers. i think of his world as separate from their's.

because they are not as gritty, dark, realistic, badass as Batman. Or something like that ;)
indeed :cwink:

i'm just not a fan. they are all OKAY but i like to think of batman as separate. i mean, green lantern, superman, flash, manhunter, wonderwoman can all team up. but batman isn't like them. he doesn't have powers. i think of his world as separate from their's.

Yea, great point. All of the other superheros look like they could belong back in superfriends, all excited and happy about getting the bad guy, but Batman, at least now, just doesn't seem to fit in that mold of the typical superhero. He's unique, and any show that includes him with other superheroes, just doesn't work IMO. That's why I never liked Justice Leauge, not to mention they always seemed to have the weirdest villains/enemies, I dunno, I was never a fan.

Yea, great point. All of the other superheros look like they could belong back in superfriends, all excited and happy about getting the bad guy, but Batman, at least now, just doesn't seem to fit in that mold of the typical superhero. He's unique, and any show that includes him with other superheroes, just doesn't work IMO. That's why I never liked Justice Leauge, not to mention they always seemed to have the weirdest villains/enemies, I dunno, I was never a fan.

Batman works perfectly with other heroes. There must be a reason why he is the character with the most team-ups in the DCU.

Because he's also the most populair.

So wait has The Batman been cancelled or will that be going on at the time as this?

Because he's also the most populair.

even when Superman outsold Batman (before the 80s) Batman was the guy who overtook "The Brave & The Bold". He is not a loner, he has Robin, Alfred, a whole crew and just fits well into teams. Superman on the other end not. He is truly a loner and works best alone. He makes partners redundant.

this concept is pretty much EXACTLY like the last season of the batman and to be fair, it hasn't exactly been its best...

I was just about to say what November Rain pointed out.

If 'The Batman' Season 5 is any indication of how this series would go, I'd be skeptical for sure.

As far as animation is concerned, I'd suggest that Warners and DC focus on these new DC Universe films instead of trying to push for another show. I mean they were already scrapping the bottom of the barrel with 'Legion of Superheroes.'

The smart thing for DC to do, both in terms of TV and films, is to stop thinking up "team" projects...and just do projects based on solo characters and there mythologies. I mean they wonder why Batman and Superman are the two most popular characters...it's because they were given a chance to have their own series of shows and films...

I wanna see the Timmverse versions of characters get their own shows.

Flash: The Animated Series
Green Lantern: The Animated Series
Wonder Woman: The Animated Series

CFE

CFE

...or a TDK cartoon...i mean come on...they did it for burton's batman...they can do it for nolan's...plus...that cartoony joker figure would actually be kind of interesting in animation form...

I agree... I never was a fan of JL either, but i think some of the more interesting, less campy superheroes could stand alone and be just as cool (NOT AS GRITTY) as Batman. The thing about Batman is, he's a detective... closer to the pulp heroes like The Spider or The Shadow, but he dresses like a bat... No other heroes in the DC universe have much of anything in common w/ the pulps...

ALL HE REALLY IS IS A VIGILANTE DETECTIVE... a guy doing a lot of HARD WORK! ! !

okay DV, how about giving TDK animation to mcfarlaine? might be interesting to see how dark he can take it...:)

I was just about to say what November Rain pointed out.

If 'The Batman' Season 5 is any indication of how this series would go, I'd be skeptical for sure.

As far as animation is concerned, I'd suggest that Warners and DC focus on these new DC Universe films instead of trying to push for another show. I mean they were already scrapping the bottom of the barrel with 'Legion of Superheroes.'

The smart thing for DC to do, both in terms of TV and films, is to stop thinking up "team" projects...and just do projects based on solo characters and there mythologies. I mean they wonder why Batman and Superman are the two most popular characters...it's because they were given a chance to have their own series of shows and films...

I wanna see the Timmverse versions of characters get their own shows.

Flash: The Animated Series
Green Lantern: The Animated Series
Wonder Woman: The Animated Series

CFE

CFE
To be fair, I do think teams work but it's probably best to keep them as separate from everything else as possible.

the only reason legion doesn't work particularly well is that the main antagonists aren't threatening enough and also it is too heavily based around superman especially in the second series when there are two of him.

I thought teen titans at its best was fantastic and their take on slade is probably my favourite animated baddie on screen. THe only problems teen titans had was sometimes it was too kiddy and the 'then-new' american anime style grated on a lot of people. When it came down to its make arc stories, it handled them extremely well and managed all of this without any of dc's big hitters.

however if teams aren't the way forward, then I would like to see a captain marvel cartoon, I think it would bring a lot to the table, especially with some cameos from the justice guild/society. Or perhaps a green latern core one like you said.

A Brave & the Bold series would be a good idea...but...how would it really be different from Justice League Unlimited? Also, having it center on Batman is a bad idea, have a more out there character, who would feel as at home teaming up with Green Arrow as he would teaming up with the more sci-fi characters. I'd say make it focus on Green Lantern.

i would like to see how they did it. but im going to go with the others in saying that it will get old quick, just like the new batman cartoon.

i dunno about McFarlane doing a Batman story.

He drew a Spawn / Batman crossover-that was written by Frank Miller...and it sucked. Hard.

I would like to see a Batman cartoon done in the style that "Spawn" was done in-since "Todd McFarlane's Spawn" and "Batman: The Animated Series" are two of the greatest comic book cartoons ever.

I guess I'm still a big kid at heart because I don't mind if its campy or directed at children, I will still watch this when it comes out. :woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"