Batman: The Animated Series or Batman: The Brave and the Bold?

I like both, but BTAS is the superior for me. However you slice it. Including that being the definition of Batman and his larger world for me as a kid. I had comics before it, but it was a limited experience for me since I had no shops to go to and TPBs weren't big.

BATB, though, is fun. But I can stand to miss an episode. Right now my son likes it the best, though he seems to love all things Batman except the movies. Especially not Nolan's movies. He's 5. His favorite Batman is "blue Batman" not "black Batman." And that includes his BTAS/JLU Batman figures. He prefers the JLU Silver Age Batman figure to the actual JLU Batman figure or BTAS figures. He loves the Filmation Batman series.

It's all fun.

Brave and The Bold's a lot of un but TAS will always be the gold standard.

Huhm, even The Batman was better than Brave and the Bold

"Brave and the Bold" is better. BTAS hasn't aged that well, most episodes are totally average. I've tried to rewatch "Volume 1" a few weeks ago and stopped after the second disc. It's a good show, but I can't watch it anymore except for a few episodes.

I like Batman: The Brave and the Bold better. The way it doesn't limit itself is brilliant.

The gold standard for me in terms of superhero shows is The Spectacular Spider-man because of the character development and how different aspects of the comics were used (plus the writers knew how to use dialogue really well).

Batman TAS had some epic episodes, but it doesn't have the consistency or character development that I'd like in a Batman show that is The One. Sure it was groundbreaking for its time, but I'm still waiting for the Batman show that is what TSSM is to Spider-man.

Oh yeah, I still say Batman TAS is better.

Batman: TAS
Batman: Beyond
Batman: Brave and the Bold

The Batman

BTAS will always hold that high spot among animations and will always be remembered among fans...

BBATB will never truly achieve that lofty a status...

Both brings a different flavour to the character. BTAS was dark and very mature. BATB is embracing silverage campiness and translating it for a modern audience. Both are great.

BTAS, allways found Brave and the Bold very overrated, even liked The Batman movie, which was a little underrtated in my opinion.

The
The gold standard for me in terms of superhero shows is The Spectacular Spider-man because of the character development and how different aspects of the comics were used (plus the writers knew how to use dialogue really well).

Batman TAS had some epic episodes, but it doesn't have the consistency or character development that I'd like in a Batman show that is The One. Sure it was groundbreaking for its time, but I'm still waiting for the Batman show that is what TSSM is to Spider-man.

What BTAS excelled at was the concept of mini-movies. I agree with you, I want a Batman show with long running story arcs and character development.

I still consider The Spectacular Spider-Man the best superhero cartoon despite it's short run. BTAS at a close second.

Oh and by the way, I'm new to the forums.

I still prefer B:TAS
But TB&TB is awesome

I like em both a lot, I also liked The Batman quite a bit. Problem with BTAS and The Batman was that they got bad after a few seasons while Brave and the Bold stayed consistently good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"