House or apartment?

terry78

My name is Stefan, sweet thang
Reaction score
Where are you currently living now, and would you prefer a house if you're in the apartment, or vice versa? I'm considering getting a one level house in the next year or so if I have the cash, but right now just got an apartment/duplex type place.

*waits for the imminent barrage of "I live in a cardboard box" commentary" :o

Townhome/Condo. However I much prefer a one level house with a nice big backyard so that I can have a dog. A big one.

Just about to move from terraced three bedroom house in Dublin suburb to five-bed semi-detached in Maynooth, a town outside Dublin. More space, hopefully this'll be the family home for a while yet. Houses all the way - for one thing, my cats love the garden.

We have a single-story house with a nice big back yard for the pups. I love it. I can play my music and movies as loud as I want, stomp around without someone banging on the ceiling if I care to, invest sweat equity and money into it in the knowledge that I'll likely get it back when I sell, and no a-hole landlords snooping around. I'd never live in an apartment again.

jag

One-bed, one-bath, kitchen, washer/dryer apartment. With a storage shed outside. :o

Good enough for me. Very spacious. Bedroom has a walk-in closet :up: and the kitchen has sink, oven, dishwasher, fridge in it. Nice set-up. Great area for my gaming and TV.

I'm not really sure. I wouldn't like all the random fees and upkeep of a house, but I'd really like a place where I can sing and record and talk to my tv without having someone knock on the wall to tell me to shut up.

i rent a house, which is better than my old apartment. The only let down is that as of now, I'm not allowed to repaint the interior.

One-bed, one-bath, kitchen, washer/dryer apartment. With a storage shed outside. :o

Good enough for me. Very spacious. Bedroom has a walk-in closet :up: and the kitchen has sink, oven, dishwasher, fridge in it. Nice set-up. Great area for my gaming and TV.

You are far ahead of many. :word:

I live in a studio apartment, someday I hope to own a nice house if I could just get my credit fixed.

I live in a one bedroom apartment, it's real quiet here,My credit is good enough and my job pays enough to where if I could get a house,I could,but then your talking maint,property taxes,water,sewage ect...then suddenly an apt isn't so bad.

Apartment.
A house if I get married or in a serious relationship where I can afford one.

I guess it's safe to say that a majority of us can't afford a house right now.

3 bed, 3 1/2 bath split level condo, that I own. Going to live here for about another two years while we build or buy a new house. After we move out, we're going to rent out this condo. We've also played around with the idea of buying a house off repo and living in it while flipping it.

A house is definitely better than an apartment.

i live in massaschusetts in an apartment and houses dont look affordable . id prefer it but doesnt seem likely .

I guess it's safe to say that a majority of us can't afford a house right now.
I can afford it,but i'm not going to "work" for my house. I wanna have money to buy comics,artwork,take trips and buy video games,not to sit broke inside my house.

A house hands down. I have lived in both, & Apartments are a pain in the a**!!!!

You really get a taste of the selfishness, & self centeredness in humanity when living in an apartment.

A house to me means empty space that I won't use. It's pointless for me, a single guy, to get a home

Countdown to Infinite House!

I've already paid my last month's rent and await the end of the month before I move out. :up:

I will be living in my fiance's current house after we get married.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"