How can Warner put ''JLA'' on a parallel universe without confusing the audience?

protocida

Avenger
Reaction score
I Was thinking about this.

Maybe do a ''Justice League'' movie settled on the cold war, like ''The New Frontier'', to show is a completelly different ambient?

They wouldn't do a live action movie based on a animated movie that just came out.

Yea probably not but that is an interesting idea to if they decide to have jla be on its own and solo films be on their own. To make everything totally different not to confuse folks. It sucks in animated world we can have multiple different takes of things and people get that, but then come to live action the general audiences are some times idiots and cant see things are two different things. Take for example alot before/when bb came out thought it was a prequel to Burton's batman of 89.

Some did think that, not sure how rampant it actually was.

I would like to see a Kingdom Come version actually.

Some did think that, not sure how rampant it actually was.

I would like to see a Kingdom Come version actually.

I just can't see that fitting in one movie it the box office.

Always wanted to see it adapted as a live action mini-series on Sci-Fi or HBO. Be really expensive to make. They'd need to really cut out a lot of characters and condense it into a story for the format, too.

Yea probably not but that is an interesting idea to if they decide to have jla be on its own and solo films be on their own. To make everything totally different not to confuse folks. It sucks in animated world we can have multiple different takes of things and people get that, but then come to live action the general audiences are some times idiots and cant see things are two different things. Take for example alot before/when bb came out thought it was a prequel to Burton's batman of 89.

Animation is good to introduce franchises IMO. Tv shows are the same. It's just a long term strategy which relies on several versions showed over time.

They have to be good versions for this to work, of course.

It certainly worked for Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, and Iron Man (among others).

Why are we worried about confusing the audience? It seems like nobody was confused with a different Hulk, the 4 different Batmen, or any idea of a reboot to a franchise.

I'm certainly not worried about it.

Why are we worried about confusing the audience? It seems like nobody was confused with a different Hulk, the 4 different Batmen, or any idea of a reboot to a franchise.

Excatly. The general audience is not gonna care.

A Kingdom Come film would be perfect. However, it may take more than one film to tell the story right.

20 min intro explaination at the begining should do it.

20 min intro explaination at the begining should do it.

20 minutes to explain that it isn't a BB or SR sequel? That's a lengthy explanation and introduction to a film.

Why should JL even comment on it's timeline? Just don't have Batman refer to anything in BB or TDK (or a possible BB3) and have Superman not mention a superbaby from SR. The rest of the heroes are clean slates so there's no problem there.

People seem to be able to reconcile the difference between cartoons, comic books, television shows, and movies easily enough. 8 year olds that watch cartoons don't seem to be bothered by different interpretations, why should we worry about teenagers?

To me, the easiest way is to a) make it continuity neutral b) demonstrate through story that this is different, a scene of Batman fighting Ra's al Ghul, both played by different actors, and his plot not involving a microwave emitter would probably due the trick as an opening, or c) rely on public relations to inform the public.

If JL is a good movie, people will either figure it out or won't care as anything more than a point of curiousity.

My idea on how to properly separate the two is this:

1. Remove Talia from the script. She was written in with the intention of integrating JLA into the universe of Batman Begins and when they had Bale in mind for the role. Even when they decided to not have JLA and Batman Begins in the same universe, Talia's motivations were still the creation of Batman's actions in Batman Begins.

2. Have the Batman suit look like this so that audiences can easier determine that the JLA Batman and the Nolan Batman are different characters:

1212611252.jpg

3. Make Superman's costume look more like the one we see in the comics and other media than Singer's Superman suit

superman.jpg

just set it in the 'not too distant future' make Bats and Supes a little more seasoned then their Bale and Routh counterparts and then it will just seem like somehting that hasn't happened yet, but could one day.

I'd like older actors ( mid 30's) for Supes and Bats.

It doesn't matter about W.W., since she is supposed to be immortal.

G.L. should be in his late 20's early 30's

Aquaman should look like he's in his 30's as well. ( Isn't he immortal to?)

The Flash, early 20's.

I won't hazard a guess on M.M. for obvious reasons.

yea that is the age range i would love to see too. ironically miller's cast besides hammer were between 28-33 besides mm actor who was in his 60s. But yea totally would like to see early/mid 30s for bats/supes/aquaman/gl and ww/flash mid/late 20s.

Well, it's all about the setting early. As I see it, establishing early on that Batman is sort of a super detective and inventor who is ussually 7 steps ahead of everyone and that should do it.I don't see there being a point of calling back to other unless you REALLY want to confuse folks by mentioning characters that died in those films(yeah, if you were using Thalia, you might want to keep mentions of AL Ghoul's be brief and vague).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"