Inhumans How can we salvage this?

eon001

Sidekick
Reaction score
I love the concept of the Inhumans, and I REALLY like the cast.

So if you have creative control of Inhumans past season 1 what direction would you take it?

*Scrap the show and make a movie?
*Continue with the show and just make it better?
*Put both the show and movie on hold and integrate the characters into other shows/movies? (Karnak in Agents of Shield, Black Bolt in Guardians? etc).

Inhuman cameos would make for natural fit in Guardians or the Captain Marvel movie.

They get the big budget treatment they deserve and a better introduction to the public.

Ignore the show and reboot it for Phase 4 or 5.

I wonder if it's too late to say this is set in an alternate reality. As long as they don't mention any of the more recent MCU and tv plots, they could say this is part of the multiverse and not acknowledge it in the current MCU continuity.

Whatever happens going forward this show needs a new creative team and has to be rescued from Scott Buck.

Get the Royal family on the big screen. Infinity War would have been the perfect place to introduce them. If I had my wish, they would make themselves aware during the fallout of Infinity War. Thanos attacks Atillan en-route to Earth or something.

Lol, yeah this is pretty excessive @MikeMurdock

So if you have creative control of Inhumans past season 1 what direction would you take it?

*Put both the show and movie on hold and integrate the characters into other shows/movies? (Karnak in Agents of Shield, Black Bolt in Guardians? etc).

Inhuman cameos would make for natural fit in Guardians or the Captain Marvel movie.

They get the big budget treatment they deserve and a better introduction to the public.

Based on the online buzz and its location on Friday nights this show is likely to be a massive flop so the bolded portion above will probably be the only possibility going forward. A movie could be made a few years from now.

Based on the online buzz and its location on Friday nights this show is likely to be a massive flop so the bolded portion above will probably be the only possibility going forward. A movie could be made a few years from now.

I would welcome that option. The Royal family could disband by the end of the season and split up like there current Inhuman comic book runs have done.

*Gorgon, Medusa, Crystal can return to space. (Go to Hala, reclaim Attilan).

*Karnak can stay on earth and become a government liaison like he did in his solo book. (He had Coulson and Simmons as co stars in his book).

*Blackbolt can be imprisoned and monitored. Similar to his current comic book run. Either in space or maybe by earth based facility (AIM, Hydra, SHIELD etc).

Either way, Marvel need to except defeat and make a tactical retreat. Kill the show, but let the characters live in other mediums.

The TV shows could be set in the alternate universe, the masses won't care. If Inhumans, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Dagger, Punisher, Cloak and Iron Fist get rebooted in a phase 4/5 film, the masses would watch it if its good. Which also opens the door to interact with more Marvel heroes - which those properties cannot do ATM.

1) Delay the series until you have something at least comparable in quality to Marvel TV's other (non Iron Fist) programs.

2)Hit up Iger for a cash infusion to improve the CGI and redo scenes that need fixing.

3) Promise that Marvel TV will stay in its lane and stick to shows featuring spies, young modestly-powered YA heroes and street level vigilanties.

3) Burn it off during a week in late December as a holiday mini series.

4) Kill all references either to Marvel TV or the cinematic MCU. This is a eight-and-done "out of continuity" live action event!

5) Ship the royal family back to Feige to use as antagonists in a future Avengers, (oh please, oh please) FF or Guardians movie. Or use characters as supporting characters in other MCU films.

They are not gonna postpone it and burn it off in December. It would just be bad business for all those involved. If this flops, Marvel TV would just move on to their budget TV project.

3) Promise that Marvel TV will stay in its lane and stick to shows featuring spies, young modestly-powered YA heroes and street level vigilanties.

Yea this is my biggest takeaway. If you can't do it right, just don't do it!.

What really annoys me is network and cable tv have reached such a high level with CGI, cinematography, costume and set design, there is no excuse for the trash I saw in the trailer.

Even as far back as Heroes, Farscape and Buffy you had great effects, and prosthetics. I didn't see a single alien looking creature other than Triton. Looks like they sunk there budget into Lockjaw.

1. Cancel the show after one season.

2. Fire Scott Buck from Iron Fist.

3. Turn the Inhumans into minor supporting characters in the films with Crystal joining the Avengers where she'll have a better costume that actually has f*****g sleeves on it.

4. Stop marketing the Inhumans both for the film in September and the TV miniseries in October. Switch to marketing Thor and Punisher instead.

5. Don't even offer trailers for upcoming episodes. Save the money that those would cost to produce.

1. Cancel the show after one season.

3. Turn the Inhumans into minor supporting characters in the films with Crystal joining the Avengers where she'll have a better costume that actually has f*****g sleeves on it.

I really like this suggestion. As I said in my first post they would be a great fit in Guardians, Thor or Captain Marvel. If they become great co stars spread out throughout the other movies, it could wet the public's appetite for the own movie. Much like Blank Panther in Civil War.

So many people didn't even know who he was, now there falling over themselves to see his new movie and losing there minds over the trailer.

Back to the drawing board Marvel.

Yea this is my biggest takeaway. If you can't do it right, just don't do it!.

What really annoys me is network and cable tv have reached such a high level with CGI, cinematography, costume and set design, there is no excuse for the trash I saw in the trailer.

Even as far back as Heroes, Farscape and Buffy you had great effects, and prosthetics. I didn't see a single alien looking creature other than Triton. Looks like they sunk there budget into Lockjaw.

It goes back even further to Star Trek: The Next Generation which really started experimenting with makeup and CGI effects. The fact that Inhumans has the same production values as Killjoys says everything about why this series is going to fail.

First off we need a brief history on why they're on the moon especially why Agents of SHIELD doesn't know about them!
Maximus attempts to kill his brother in the one place his powers can be weakened enough to have any chance of success.
Pair off the other Inhumans to explain how they escape using some means to escape down to Earth to avoid Maximus's purge.
Yes he is pulling a Game of Thrones on them he is the big bad up there and should be treated as such.
So Lockjaw helps Black Bolt escape down to Earth then goes looking for the others maybe the last he escapes with is Crystal and Medusa since Medusa is initially a villain whilst Crystal a heroine as far as I can recall.

Have Black Bolt eventually detained but make it clear he could easily wipe out the opposition, this draws in SHIELD's attention so have a couple of them cameo having him transferred into their custody.

Since we don't know why Coulson and co are where they are as per the end scene in the last season its very likely they know Black Bolt is an Inhuman just no idea who he is.

They attempt to dampen his powers but he's rescued maybe by Karnak and whoever he escaped with aided by Lockjaw so we witness them in action and have the three of them together as they try to build up some place to hold up in until they can locate the others with Lockjaws help?

The one character I'd love introduced here is Ms Marvel given her knowledge of heroes having her stumble across them and try to help would be a great way to promote this series and give it some potential lifespan.

Maximus starts sending down operatives using Terrigenesis to build up his forces the good and the bad possibly even experimenting on the rejects as a means of improving his chances of building a better army quite possibly explaining why he has mind control but doesn't seem to work on the Royal Family.

So we have a literal Rita Repulsa sending down teams of enforcers to hunt down the Royals and we have Black Bolt eventually becoming a hero in combating Maximus's forces and establishing a rapport with the locals because you know the Government isn't going to care whose good or bad only what they can get out of it!

I can see Maximus making a deal with them in return for the Renegades which the Govt may support even when they realise whats really going on.

Lord I'd love to have Coulson have a cameo in this series its a shame neither he nor Quake are likely to!

What do you think, is this possible?

There is no salvaging this right now IMO. Let it run it's course and hope that a reboot can be done sooner than later.

None of the above. Either (a) scrap the whole damn thing since the Inhumans (so far) are not (and have never been) popular or (b) revamp the concept of the Inhumans (without moving too far away from the original concept of the characters).

I would welcome that option. The Royal family could disband by the end of the season and split up like there current Inhuman comic book runs have done.

*Gorgon, Medusa, Crystal can return to space. (Go to Hala, reclaim Attilan).

*Karnak can stay on earth and become a government liaison like he did in his solo book. (He had Coulson and Simmons as co stars in his book).

*Blackbolt can be imprisoned and monitored. Similar to his current comic book run. Either in space or maybe by earth based facility (AIM, Hydra, SHIELD etc).

Uh, no. The last thing that they need to do is to adapt anything from the current comics.

I know it's not feesable to scrap this but I wish they could. I can't believe this is what they've been hyping up. I mean is this all ABC, Scott Buck Jeph Loeb, and Ike Perlmutter's fault or is it on the production designer and costume designer too? Is this a case of people doing the best they could under the circumstances or what?

Last edited:
I don't see any hope for the show in its current form. Hopefully Marvel sees the negative backlash and does something drastic.

I know it's not feesable to scrap this but I wish they could. I can't believe this is what they've been hyping up. I mean is this all ABC, Scott Buck Jeph Loeb, and Ike Perlmutter's fault or is it on the production designer and costume designer too? Is this a case of people doing the best they could under the circumstances or what?

I'm blaming Buck/Loeb and time constraints. Ike is just the money guy. He has no real creative input.

They had the money but they didn't have time to realize something on this scale.

Having had the luxury of time to think about this, I would have done a show based 100% on Maximus. Have it character driven and have the Inhumans as background/supporting characters. Something in the vein of Braking Bad and Legion, with a twist of American Gods. Instead of meeting a new God per ep, Max interacts with a different family member. (Triton, Gorgan, Crystal etc). See how Max interprets his family through his twisted filter. Alot of manipulation and delusion.

Dramatically cuts the budget. Invest in sets and decent city scape CGI. Less CGI Lock Jaw and Medusa Hair.

Low budget and low stakes season 1 will give you have enough time to prep for a more true to the comics depiction of the Royals in season 2.

Sorry for the babble. Been thinking about this idea for the past week. Nice to get it out. :yay:

Last edited:
Cancel it and recast Anson Mount in something that doesn't suck.

Do what they did with the Incredible Hulk. Ignore it and use the characters as needed.

Do what they did with the Incredible Hulk. Ignore it and use the characters as needed.

The didn't really "ignore" the Incredible Hulk. They had Stark in it and re-used William Hurt.

If you follow the same pattern then I agree that you could re-use the characters and just bury this show.

The show could still be canon, but it seems to be isolated to Hawaii so it doesn't directly effected any MCU plot lines.

Inhumans mythology is so rich you could in theory have a whole phase dedicated to it. Just seed Inhuman easter eggs in all the next phase of MCU movies. Kree references in the cosmic movies Guardians, Thor. And the earth based stuff can refer to AoS type plot lines.

The mythology is rich, but I suspect its kind of poisoned a bit by Perlmutter's ill-advised attempt to use them as an anti-mutant weapon. I suspect that, without Perlmutter pushing things, Marvel Studios just has so many better options for phase arcs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"