The Amazing Spider-Man 2 How Long After TASM 4 Do You Think We'll See A Reboot?

TheRobDogg

Civilian
Reaction score
Since everyone involved in this film series is parading around like The Amazing Spider-Man 4 will be the last one, I have caught myself wondering when Sony will reboot Spider-Man once more. I mean it took them 5 years after Spider-Man 3 to release TASM, do you think it'll be shorter or longer? And who would you like to see play Spider-Man as either a teenager (if they use the origin stuff again) or adult (if they adapt, say Spider-Man: Blue)?

I don't even want to think that far ahead right now. The 2nd one doesn't even have a trailer yet.

Unless something untoward or catastrophic happens behind the scenes, I don't think Sony is ever going to do another reboot of the Spider-Man franchise.

They said they wanted to James Bond the franchise.

This thread should be moved to the sequels board.

Venom should definitely be the main threat of a fourth movie

After Garfield, I'd rather they just cast another guy and have a good script. Whether or not it's a reboot will be up to the viewer.

I think the franchise will get rebooted before TASM 4, but keeping that continuity.

TASM 4 and Spectacular Spider-Man launching 2018 and 2017, respectively.

Recast instead of a reboot in 2021.

3 years after ASM4.

call me naive, but I think they'll try something different. Like Spider-man 2099

Hopefully they will just recast and continue the story rather than reboot all over again.

Garfield has the gift of youth. He looks like a teenager. He'll be fine for a number of years to come. We won't have anything to worry about. TASM 4... We'll cross that bridge when we get to it. If the 3 are overly successful they'll find a way to make it work with him.

They won't hard reboot it again.

In terms of how soon we'd see a movie, if they don't make a movie every 3 or 4 years they'll lose the rights, so 3 or 4 years.

What sucks is for the rights to go back to Marvel, Sony would had to have not made a Spidey movie in around 5-6 years... (not exactly sure but around that time frame?) Which means by the time Sony is done with TASM 2, 3 and potentially 4 and then not make a movie for 5-6 years... The Avengers Phases will be over and done with before Marvel squires the rights to Spidey back. Providing they do 3 phases that is. Evans, Hemsworth, RDJ, ScarJo and Ruffalo will all be finished with The Avengers by then, IMO. He might be in with a new wave of Avengers, but it'll never be the same as the original cast... Unless Sony and Marvel hit common ground, we may never see RDJ and Garfield on the big screen together quipping away at one another.

I want the FF to team up with the current Avengers roster more than Spidey.

Well, it depends
Raimi and co planned to complete 6 Spider-Man movies (I read that somewhere), but Spider-Man 4 was planned, and I saw some story boards about eviction notice saying the building of Ditcovitc is not safe and will be terminated, but that got scrapped and the movie was canceled, they needed to stick to the license

If they release all 4 complete Spider-Man films with the new crew, we might not get a reboot as soon as people believe

They said they wanted to James Bond the franchise.

I don't think that would work though. Spider-Man movies cannot be individual stories, at least not in the way Bond movies are. In fact, OO7 franchise is becoming more of other Hollywood franchises (More continuity, introducing new characters for the next films).

Rebooting spider-man is not good for business, unlike movies with minor scale (Robocop)/completed story like Harry Potter. The best chance for a reboot is when the right goes back to Marvel studio, which we all know simply not possible at the moment/foreseeable future . Though, even then Marvel might decide to keep the cast, so ya.....I don't think this cast is going anywhere anytime soon.

5 years. I think they have to do it within 5 years. Why the hell did we even get a sequel to Ghost Rider?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"