Sequels How long d'you think Dunst will last?

web-head5

Kick Ass Side-Kick
Reaction score
Dunst has said that she might move on after the third spidey movie because she's only obligated to do three movies and she doesn't want to be type cast as Mary Jane. But that was awhile ago; like pre-Spider-Man 2 production or somewhere around there. So do you think she'll change her mind on go on to other Spidey's looking at the success of Spider-Man 2 and what looks to be the greater success of Spider-Man 3? Your thoughts.

I think she'll do 3 and thats all for her.

IMO I think they could find someone better than Dunst.

yeah she exponentially less looks the part as the movies go on.

Well, if Spiderman ends up Like james Bond there is no way she'll finish the job. lol

Ultimate_Venom said:
IMO I think they could find someone better than Dunst.

I agree I don't not like Dunst as Mary Jane.

I think she will drop out though.

I like Dunst as an actress but she's no MJ. I think they could find someone better. *coughScarletJohanssanorRachelMcAdamscough*

Majik1387 said:
I like Dunst as an actress but she's no MJ. I think they could find someone better. *coughScarletJohanssanorRachelMcAdamscough*

*coughcoughIagreecoughcough*

Well Scarlett Johansson is gorgeous and she'd be perfect for the part but I just can't watch sequels with re-casted characters. Sony can throw some money at Dunst and she'll be back.

now she claims shes leaving after this.I bet she will need work so she will come back.

to be honest i dont really care how long she lasts in the series although she is a good cast for the part they can either find a new person to take her place or just kill mary jane

She really is looking like MJ these days... cmon look at the pics ppl... how much closer could you get...

She will probably do one more,and that will be it for her.

She'll last as long as it takes for this last round of red hair dye to wear off.

I believe at this time Kirsten Dunst has no intention of doing another Spiderman film. That said, I believe a lot could change in the next two to three years, which is how long it would take to begin work on a fourth film.

After Spiderman came out 2002, Kirsten was Hollywood's "it girl". I even saw her referred to in that manner during an SNL skit that year. But since that time her only "hit" movie was Spiderman 2. Her other movies (Mona Lisa Smiles, Eternal Sunshine, Wimbeldon, Elizabethtown) haven't performed all that well. Kirsten Dunst isn't a box office draw. People don't go to a movie just because she's in it. I don't expect that trend to change when Marie Antoinette comes out this fall, an 18th century period piece set in France.

She's also not a media darling (Lindsey, Paris, the Jessica's --Alba and Simpson, Brittany, etc). You don't read a lot about her in the press. This isn't a bad thing for the average person. But, in Hollywood image is everything. Every Lindsey Lohan movie since the Freaky Friday has grossed less than the one before it, but Lindsey is still considered "an it girl". If Kirsten's movies aren't big hits and she doesn't capture the public's imagination, her star will start to dim and she won't be as in demand as she once was. The shelf life for an actress in Hollywood is usually pretty short.

If she's cool with her current status I doubt she'll appear in another Spidey flick. If she wants a big check and/or a big hit to keep her before the public's eye, I wouldn't be surprised if she returned for a fourth film.....sepecially if Maguire and Raimi sign on.

Eye Doc

ang_hulk said:
now she claims shes leaving after this.I bet she will need work so she will come back.

I think is she did drop out and they did make more sequels I also think she would come back because all the movies I've seen her in we ****.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"