• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

I am not sure if WB will have any movies for next Christmas, so could the Superman trailer debut for Joker 2?????

Set pics leaking soon 😁

giphy.gif

I dont think it was a power play, I think it was part of the plan and Gunn knew about it all along. If it was a power play the picture would seem more rushed or forced. This picture is what Gunn wanted us to see.
Yeah, that's what I meant. Probably seemed more dramatic using the term power play lol. Pretty much what all involved wanted, including the marketing team and Gunn alike. A total studio move.

It needs to be a very LOOK AT ME building, sticking out like a sore thumb on the Metropolis skyline.

'I must admit, I love the fact that everyone in the city has to look up in order to see me' - John Shea's Lex Luthor

Gloriously followed by Superman's last line to Lex in the pilot: "If you ever need to find me, all you have to do is look up."

giphy.gif

Don't forget the back and forth between Clark and Lex about Alexander the great and the battle of Gaugamela. Honestly while Lois and Clark was pure 90s cheese (watched the 1st season again in French a few years back and it's kinda fun) and Dean Cain was godawful as Superman but that L&C pilot episode got CK/ Superman right. The writers, whoever they were, understood what makes the character tick.

I’m still coming to grips with the whole idea of DC “building toward something.” I am so over and done with the concept of shared universes at this point. I find them to be a convoluted and tired concept. I just want good movies, and not gimmicks.

But I’m probably in the minority on that and I’m sure others are glad to get a DCU that’s interconnected.
Yeah I have never been a fan...

I think it is cool Scott Snyder got to go to set :)

I still think DC and Gunn can do mid and post credits scenes for each DCU film or TV show in production but they just have to be smart about it or it has to have meaning towards building to something

It is a gamble because...every DC Movie that has had a post credits scene has ended up failing

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"