Endgame Official Avengers: Endgame General Discussion Thread!

On my last movie in my Marvel rewatch! This definitely brought Superhero team up movies to a whole new level and it's fun going back to where it all began. But I just got to the part where Natasha sacrifices herself and im still not a fan of them getting rid of the only female OG Avenger.

It's great that Steve gets his happy ending and all but part of me dislikes it. He was Peggys greatest love but she moved on and had a family, I refuse to believe that she was always married to him. The Sharon of it all!

Seeing Americas booty with that hammer...probably one of the greatest superhero moments to turn someone one.
giphy.gif

Tonys death remains the saddest and im sad that Pepper doesnt have to hear his nagging voice anymore.

Though what use is it returning the stones to their proper time when 2014 Thanos is no longer around, Gamora is in her "future" and thus a whole new future is created. Im surprised that Steve was even able to make it back to the "prime" future.

Last edited:
***spoilers*** (just in case)
((because someone ruined it for me via a YouTube thread response notification I received before my first viewing of ENDGAME - may they rot in... whoa! wait a second... breathe in JESUS, breathe out love))

Watched ENDGAME yesterday. (3rd or 4th time since release)
It is the best movie ever. (except for JESUS OF NAZARETH)

So well done.

I cried when BLACK WIDOW died. The way NATASHA and CLINT try to save each other is so awesome.

After my very first viewing, I had to get out, be alone, go ride my bike and deal with TONY STARK's death. His death bothered me so much I didn't even recognize the rest of the film.

Every character has equal time and significant quality substance.
No waste (save for the "gay date" scene)

Best characters: yeah right, can't be decided. They are all great!

Excellent soundtrack as well.

I'm still annoyed that War Machine (though he got more screentime) did nothing this film. He cracked some one-liners and that was it. We didn't even see him kick ass in his new armor.

I'm still annoyed that War Machine (though he got more screentime) did nothing this film. He cracked some one-liners and that was it. We didn't even see him kick ass in his new armor.
True :csad: He got better action in Infinity War.

He did get some great one liners though.

“So he’s an idiot” :hehe:

In a few years all 12 combatants in the airport battle in Civil War will either have:

A Trilogy (IM, Cap, Thor, Spider-Man, Ant-Man)
A Single Outing (Black Widow, Black Panther)
or a streaming series (Wanda, Vision, Falcon, Bucky and War Machine)

In a few years all 12 combatants in the airport battle in Civil War will either have:

That’s quite the achievement. Will be good to go back to Civil War after all those have come out for added context.

Sorry to be THAT guy, but Thor wasn't at the airport battle.

It is damn impressive. Even more so when you think just about every major character whose been introduced will have had some sort of solo/series in some way. The fact that Peggy managed to get her own series is great.

It's great that Steve gets his happy ending and all but part of me dislikes it. He was Peggys greatest love but she moved on and had a family, I refuse to believe that she was always married to him. The Sharon of it all!

Steve going back and being with Peggy basically created an alternate branch timeline. The rules of the time travel that the movie spelled out basically make changing your own past impossible.

From a character standpoint even if Steve was willing or able to change his own timeline to be with Peggy then I don't see why he would stop there. He would've also rescued Bucky so he never became the Winter Soldier. He would've made sure Hydra never infiltrated SHIELD. He would've prevented the deaths of the Stark's. I don't see him assuming a fake identity as Peggy's husband and letting all that other **** happen.

E8rGryQVcAQQEua

You have $15 to pick a team to fight Thanos. Who do you pick?

I'd spend $2 on Ant-Man. Have him shrink. Fly either in his mouth or nose, then expand to normal size. Done. Then with the remaining $13, I'd get a beer to celebrate.

Thor (5), Doctor Strange (3), Vision (3), Scarlet Witch (2), Falcon (1), Mantis (1)

E8rGryQVcAQQEua

I'd spend $2 on Ant-Man. Have him shrink. Fly either in his mouth or nose, then expand to normal size. Done. Then with the remaining $13, I'd get a beer to celebrate.
Ok if I borrow this for the Marvel Vs thread?

E8rGryQVcAQQEua

Black Widow
Doctor Strange
Scarlet Witch
Captain Marvel
Mantis

E8rGryQVcAQQEua

Captain Marvel (5), Thor(5), Doctor Strange(3), Scarlet Witch(2). Forget Thanos, those are the only Avengers I'd need for any threat, lol.

Mantis $1
Scarlet Witch $2
Ant Man $2
Vision. $3
Strange $3
Panther $4

Mantis can knock Thanos out, Wanda and Strange and healthy Vision can stand toe to toe with him and Ant Man can solo the Mad Titan (according to the internet). And if that fails T'Challa can convince him to switch sides and abandon his longtime goal.

Last edited:
Thor $5
Doctor Strange $3
Vision $3
Scarlet Witch $2
Mantis $1

And Nick Fury $1 just to call Thanos a mfer. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"