Captain Marvel General Discussion and Speculation - Part 9

Whoever gets it before me and watches it can you tell me if things look brighter clearer in the blu ray?

I had that complaint that some scenes seemed too dark. some of you told me it was probably the bulbs of the theater projectors but I want to see how I feel when I rewatch it.
My blu-ray delivered on Saturday (I love Best Buy's shipping). We watched it last night.... early evening really, so still light outside/some light still showing through the shutters even though they were closed - even with that, we were able to see everything (even the dark/night scenes) just fine.

Will have to make a special trip into town tomorrow. For some reason I thought I had ordered it on-line, when I was actually thinking about Alita.

My blu-ray delivered on Saturday (I love Best Buy's shipping). We watched it last night.... early evening really, so still light outside/some light still showing through the shutters even though they were closed - even with that, we were able to see everything (even the dark/night scenes) just fine.
Same here. While some scenes are dark, the details can still be seen.

BREE KREE PHONE HOME !!! LOL. Nice one.

Bought and watched it again today. Just as fun and exciting as the sixth time I saw it! Also didn't have any trouble seeing details in the darker scenes.

I will say this, that deleted scene with Yon-Rog and the SI should have been the after credit scene! That was a good scene, and definitely a better lead-in to a sequel than the cat hacking up the tesseract.

Watching my blu-ray now, and the Torfa stuff looks great. Nothing looks too dark at all, imo (it never did in the theater for me either).

I really do love that Yon-Rogg deleted scene, too. Though it would've had to be re-worked in order to be an end credits scene, because it's placement in the film was clearly before he goes to Earth (they talk of using Carol's implant - which she squashes in the climax - to track her). I'm sure it was deleted because they didn't want us to know he was already intending to kill her before he found out she knew the truth.

I don't think this is an exaggeration but this is the best MCU origin story, imo, so much replay value. There's a nice balance and it's just compelling all the way thru. All the supporting characters help enhance the plot and feel necessary to Carol's path. The mind probing sequence is probably my favorite scene done in any Marvel movie thus far.

This is the first time I think I watched the deleted scenes and sort of wished all of them were included. Normally, I can see why scenes were cut, and I can see the logic in cutting these scenes, but things like Yon-Rogg talking to the Supreme Intelligence and the Skrull lesson added some character elements I wished they kept.

Watching my blu-ray now, and the Torfa stuff looks great. Nothing looks too dark at all, imo (it never did in the theater for me either).

I really do love that Yon-Rogg deleted scene, too. Though it would've had to be re-worked in order to be an end credits scene, because it's placement in the film was clearly before he goes to Earth (they talk of using Carol's implant - which she squashes in the climax - to track her). I'm sure it was deleted because they didn't want us to know he was already intending to kill her before he found out she knew the truth.

True, but the feel of the scene is more like after Carol sent him packing in utter failure. It would have had to have been reworked though.

I don't think this is an exaggeration but this is the best MCU origin story

Nah. Iron Man is the best of them all by far. Not only for the MCU but for the genre in general.

I ve wathced CM again (2nd time) a few days ago. Its ok but not great for me and i would rather rewatch any one of other greats of the series. My most watched right now is IW with 5 viewings (2 at the cinemas 3 at home).

Im hoping for the sequel to be better and i think it will. It felt like they were holding back in this one and the lack of experience of the 2 directors shows imho.

And wasting (imho) the Skrulls is my biggest problem with the movie.

You think they cut the "smile" scene because they thought it was too "feminist" and would needlessly inflame the toxic masculinity crowd?
I personally liked it more than what we actually got. It was clearly a Terminator 2 homage and you can never go wrong referencing the greatest action movie ever.

I don't think this is an exaggeration but this is the best MCU origin story, imo, so much replay value.
It’s the 2nd best for me (behind Iron Man), but I certainly agree it’s up there. And so true about the replay value. I’ve already seen this more times than I’ve seen most of the other MCU origin flicks, and it only JUST came out on home video...can’t imagine how many times I’ll watch it when it’s on Disney+ or just conveniently playing on TV, lol.

You think they cut the "smile" scene because they thought it was too "feminist" and would needlessly inflame the toxic masculinity crowd?
I personally liked it more than what we actually got. It was clearly a Terminator 2 homage and you can never go wrong referencing the greatest action movie ever.

I just saw the 4 deleted scenes (not sure if there are more).
I can see why the cut them. All four of them were cringe worthy to me.

Last edited:
Nah. Iron Man is the best of them all by far. Not only for the MCU but for the genre in general.

I like Iron Man, it's good as well, but Captain Marvel is a more satisfying movie for me.

It’s the 2nd best for me (behind Iron Man), but I certainly agree it’s up there. And so true about the replay value. I’ve already seen this more times than I’ve seen most of the other MCU origin flicks, and it only JUST came out on home video...can’t imagine how many times I’ll watch it when it’s on Disney+ or just conveniently playing on TV, lol.

Same. I've watched this movie more times than I'm willing to admit, lol. I usually don't even bother with digital downloads since blu-rays are released two weeks later. Not the case this time, I couldn't wait to own this movie. (I also purchased both the Best Buy & Target exclusives.)

It or Black Panther and the latter may not count since his origin was in Civil War.

I've already watched it twice and plan on doing another watch tomorrow with the audio commentary.

Same. I've watched this movie more times than I'm willing to admit, lol. I usually don't even bother with digital downloads since blu-rays are released two weeks later. Not the case this time, I couldn't wait to own this movie. (I also purchased both the Best Buy & Target exclusives.)
You've got a lot of copies now (by my count, 3 digital and 2 physical) of the film. What do you do with all the duplicate digital and physical copies?

You've got a lot of copies now (by my count, 3 digital and 2 physical) of the film. What do you do with all the duplicate digital and physical copies?

The 2 physical copies I'm keeping for myself, which I purchased for the different packaging (silly, I know, lol), and the 2 other digital codes I'm giving away to close friends/relatives. :cool:

D89BCQ0V4AAXBYm

Heels aside, this is freaking amazing. They should recycle it for the sequel.

Just got my DVD today (no Blu-Ray or fancy stuff like that: my TV is old and doesn’t work with that sort of thing), and finished watching. Can we just talk about this movie’s rewatchability factor? Like, I could sit down and watch it straight through again, right now. It’s definitely in my top three MCU films, after Endgame and Winter Soldier. And I really want Talos back in some capacity! They cannot get rid of him after just one film: I will not allow it.

Side-note: having now watched Agents of SHIELD, Phil Coulson’s cameo was much more of a big deal this time around.

BREE KREE PHONE HOME !!! LOL. Nice one.

That was fun. But the dislikes and likes... And to no one's surprise, when you search for this on Youtube, you get the "usual suspects" in the results, praising this video (while completely missing the point).

Just watched my BluRay. Oh it was so lovely and colorful on my screen. No issue with the darkness. My one critique would be the Carol v Kree ships the effects look so much more video gamey close up then when they did on the big screen. But outside of that was fantastic and I can’t wait for the sequel.

Okay, I got it on Blu-ray Friday, but no one in my house has wanted to watch it again, yet. So...there it sits. Nice to know there's some good bonus content, though. I'll probably watch it tonight.

Lol so the Just a Girl scene won the MTV award for best fight scene of the year or whatever and Brie haters are so upset that they're now pretending to care about the MTV awards. Truly incredible how stupid and/or dishonest they are

b.gif

t.gif

The two blonde women are her stunt doubles and yes, that's Tessa cheering her on.

Lol so the Just a Girl scene won the MTV award for best fight scene of the year or whatever and Brie haters are so upset that they're now pretending to care about the MTV awards. Truly incredible how stupid and/or dishonest they are

View attachment 26320

View attachment 26322

The two blonde women are her stunt doubles and yes, that's Tessa cheering her on.

My god, gifs like these will be the death of me. There’s just too much beauty and cuteness to handle.

D89BCQ0V4AAXBYm

Heels aside, this is freaking amazing. They should recycle it for the sequel.

Yowza, that looks fantastic! Though I like the uniform in the movies, this one just shows how getting out the lumps and bumps is also a high plus, esp the way it just hugs the figure. And of course, the sash! Really should have kept it.

I am glad they cut the extended scene with the biker, as that was way too assault and theft. The way they left it in the film actually lends to a humorous moment, rather than her basically overpowering the guy and forcing him to give up his helmet and bike.

I do wish they had in some way included the scene with Yon-Rogg and the SI, as stated in my post above.

View attachment 26320

View attachment 26322

Congrats to her then! I did like that scene, though the first time I saw it, the music video aspect through me off. I don't generally like it when they fit songs into a movie sequence, as my preference is much more for an orchestra.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"