Captain Marvel General Discussion and Speculation - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that. It’s just confusing to me: I have no idea what the hint is!
Well I have a pretty active imagination so I'm already connecting the dots. I could be wrong though.

Grace is a manipulative click baiter who tailors her videos for the sole purpose of riling some section of the various fan bases interested in the properties she covers.

And, as I never tire of saying... Her "on air" voice should be considered a war crime.

She like a lot of online "personalities" has found their "hustle". And that is us, the genre fan community.

I’m like the one person on this forum who likes Grace Randolph.

Unabashedly, I might add.
It's not that I don't like her opinions (a fair amount do line up with my own views and tastes); I have a hard time standing her voice at times and don't like how she tends to spoil things, either with the title of her videos or by doing it without warning.

Grace is a manipulative click baiter who tailors her videos for the sole purpose of riling some section of the various fan bases interested in the properties she covers.

And, as I never tire of saying... Her "on air" voice should be considered a war crime.

She like a lot of online "personalities" has found their "hustle". And that is us, the genre fan community.

:o

It's not that I don't like her opinions (a fair amount do line up with my own views and tastes); I have a hard time standing her voice at times and don't like how she tends to spoil things, either with the title of her videos or by doing it without warning.

Okay, I’ll agree about the voice - it can be on-and-off annoying for me.

Also, her opinion on JK Rowling is inexcusable.

Well I have a pretty active imagination so I'm already connecting the dots. I could be wrong though.

This is why I can't even watch non spoiler things...my mind starts to piece things together and quite a decent amount of the time it turns out to be right what I piece together lol.

Like when the last jedi came out people were saying there's a surprise etc...and I instantly went ...crap Yoda's in the movie isn't he lol.

This is why I can't even watch non spoiler things...my mind starts to piece things together and quite a decent amount of the time it turns out to be right what I piece together lol.

Like when the last jedi came out people were saying there's a surprise etc...and I instantly went ...crap Yoda's in the movie isn't he lol.
I'm still able to watch and read spoiler-y stuff but I find myself not doing it as much as I used to with previous MCU/SW films. I'm starting to find I like finding a surprise here and there when I actually do see the film myself.

Age of Ultron was the last movie in the series I looked at spoilers for, and for that movie even though I still love it, it was still not hindered by that. (The marketing for that movie went overboard too and showed too much)

I’m like the one person on this forum who likes Grace Randolph.

Unabashedly, I might add.
I subscribe to Grace's channel and watch her videos when a new one drops. I might not always agree with her, but she's very entertaining and brings an intelligent and thoughtful approach to her show.

Anyway, this movie just feels bland to me. Everything I've seen has left me with zero excitement. Maybe it'll surprise me, but this is definitely not a Friday night movie. More like a Sunday matinee.

Man, I remember when Randolph was a total newcomer and a guest on Spill.com way back when and I was thinking "there's no way this person will make it". I'm disappointed in people (because they made her a success despite lack of talent). But then again I feel the same way about the likes of Jeremy Jahns and Chris Stuckmann so what do I know.

Man, I remember when Randolph was a total newcomer and a guest on Spill.com way back when and I was thinking "there's no way this person will make it". I'm disappointed in people (because they made her a success despite lack of talent). But then again I feel the same way about the likes of Jeremy Jahns and Chris Stuckmann so what do I know.
Stuckman: No need to watch his reviews. You see the thumb nail and you know exactly how he feels and if you are gonna agree with his review or not.

Jajns: Nice guy. Funny... But as a film reviewer? He'd make a great host for a game show on Comedy Central is what I'll say.

Yeah, I'm not talking **** about them personally but I think they bring very little to the table in terms of actual film criticism.

I subscribe to Grace's channel and watch her videos when a new one drops. I might not always agree with her, but she's very entertaining and brings an intelligent and thoughtful approach to her show.

Anyway, this movie just feels bland to me. Everything I've seen has left me with zero excitement. Maybe it'll surprise me, but this is definitely not a Friday night movie. More like a Sunday matinee.

I'm not going to say anything about her intelligence but "thoughtful approach" made me laugh out loud.

Stuckman: No need to watch his reviews. You see the thumb nail and you know exactly how he feels and if you are gonna agree with his review or not.

Jajns: Nice guy. Funny... But as a film reviewer? He'd make a great host for a game show on Comedy Central is what I'll say.

Stuckman’s latest reviews have been very low-energy - he talks a lot about how he doesn’t really like criticizing movies anymore.
And Jahns - he totally spoiled Alita: Battle Angel in his non-spoilers review.

Still waiting on Korey and Martin's review from Double Toasted. I'm guessing it'll be positive. Anything from a low Matinee to a Full Price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"