The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

Posting Superman pages/panels I love every day until we get our first official look at David Corenswet as Superman, Day 25:

View attachment 88720
I saw this on reddit earlier and thought it'd be a great addition to this thread.

1000009371.jpg

I'd love this, especially if we're placed right after Superman might have been knocked around by the villains, as It'd serve as a small break in the action but also an awesome character moment. He lands in front of the kid on a farm or in a field, We get this little scene before he springs back into action. Not only would it show how he's an inspiration but also shows why he can't lose and just who exactly he fights for.

That little smirk on his face is perfect.

Last edited:
I saw this on reddit earlier and thought it'd be a great addition to this thread.

View attachment 88725

I'd love this, especially if we're placed right after Superman might have been knocked around by the villains, as It'd serve as a small break in the action but also an awesome character moment. He lands in front of the kid on a farm or in a field, We get this little scene before he springs back into action. Not only would it show how he's an inspiration but also shows why he can't lose and just who exactly he fights for.

I had more panels from that one lined up for another day lol.

View attachment 88725

Instead of a charming young boy, I'd prefer it to be a middle-aged bald man who's given up on life. And instead of 'up, up and away', It'd be up and at them.

Posting gifs of Batman & Robin even though this is a Superman thread until we get an official look at David as Superman (day 12)

b44ac7d47e5cf729f49013fd9f6e7dfbb9e3d7b7.gif

a29bc5a08eb2db2d684dac029af64242f8f00919.gifv

Last edited:
Is Lex Luthor the main villain for this movie? And are we going to get Zod again for the sequel? I hope we are not going to be stuck on those two villains for every new version of Superman and never getting past them.

We know nothing about a sequel and nothing suggests Zod will be involved.

The characters and premise of this already sets it apart imo. Luthor was bound to be heavily present though.

Is Lex Luthor the main villain for this movie? And are we going to get Zod again for the sequel? I hope we are not going to be stuck on those two villains for every new version of Superman and never getting past them.
I’m probably in the minority, but I think Lex should always be in the mix, either as a villain, an uneasy ally, or a mixture of both.

I’m probably in the minority, but I think Lex should always be in the mix, either as a villain, an uneasy ally, or a mixture of both.
That's not a minority opinion in my experience. Not having Lex in a Supes story is like not having Alfred in a Batman story - something would just be missing. Doesn't mean I want him as the Big Bad, but he should always be there in some capacity.

It's been far too many movies without ever seeing Lex act as a reluctant ally to Superman. We had it for like, what, a minute and a half near the end of Superman II? And that's it. Seeing Luthor interacting with Superman in a manner not too dissimilar to Magneto's interactions with the X-Men in X2 would open up a whole new dimension for their cinematic rivalry, which up til now has just been pretty standard (though still enjoyabe!). Even the Green Goblin has been an ally to Spider-Man in cinema before.

Posting Superman pages/panels I love every day until we get our first official look at David Corenswet as Superman, Day 26:

KarlKerschlSuperman-short-03.jpg
KarlKerschlSuperman-short-04.jpg
KarlKerschlSuperman-short-05-credits.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"