Captain Marvel General Discussion and Speculation - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brie and SLJ are going to carry this movie. At first I wasn't sure about Fury being in this, but their banter together is gold. Love Carol's humor and Brie is really good with comedy, sometimes comedy is harder to pull off than drama.

Hi @Shuri !
I’m so glad you loved it!! I love it - and Jude Law’s voice is just beautiful. That Skrull transformation was really good, too. And of course - the humor is so good! I love that aspect.

I am so excited to actually see the Kree in this movie. Yeah I know, Ronan was in GotG, but we saw so little of Kree society. I am so pumped to REALLY see it.

The age gap between Larson and Cheadle is too wide. It's not very progressive to have your first female lead fall in love with a man much older than she is, now is it.

Honestly I hope there's no romance in this movie... they should save that for the sequel.
Honestly most of Marvel's characters are pretty snarky.
I simply cannot wait for Marvel to introduce the queen of snark herself, She-Hulk. The world is not ready.

The age gap between Larson and Cheadle is too wide. It's not very progressive to have your first female lead fall in love with a man much older than she is, now is it.

Honestly I hope there's no romance in this movie... they should save that for the sequel.
I simply cannot wait for Marvel to introduce the queen of snark herself, She-Hulk. The world is not ready.

But the characters themselves are much closer in age. So I would view that a little differently.

I wouldn't call T'Challa snarky. Cap is also pretty low on the snark scale.
I wouldn't call T'Challa snaky too, but him not being so might be the reason lots of fans preferred Shuri to him. Chris Evans pulled off a miracle making Cap one of the most loved heroes.

I'm still not...saw nothing that changes my opinion or impresses me about her casting most particular & the usage of this character. It all seem "forced" with heavy hitting actors, like Sam, Jude, Annette, and a few other well rounded actors, to help carry the film. I'm still very much not sold.

Reminds me of the Matrix when they transform.

Well said, good analysis. :up:

That's kl but just so you know your in the minority.

No man for Captain Marvel.
I agree. Make her gay

But the characters themselves are much closer in age. So I would view that a little differently.
Given Hollywood's tradition of pairing actresses with older male actors, I'd say the age of Larson and Cheadle matters more than the age of the characters they're playing.

I agree. Make her gay.

It’s about time we had a gay female superhero whose sexuality isn’t hidden like Valkyrie’s was. But Captain Marvel has never been gay in the comics, has she? I’m just wondering. I know it’ll never happen.

If we're going with the assumption that Carol prefers black guys, Sam would probably be the best option romantically.

Than Falcon is your best option since the people of Wakanda would riot if it was T’Challa

I vote Doctor Strange. :word:

I appreciate that they finally put some personality on display for CM.

Larson may turn out a quality performance, but I'm starting to think she's simply not a good sound bite - especially for trailers where they cut and paste everything. Also, still don't like anything I've seen of the skrulls so far.

Sorry but I don't get this. Is this the first time that an MCU movie has a supporting cast made up of proven actors?

AatW had Michael Douglas, Lawrence Fishburne, Michelle Pfeiffer etc.
BP had Forest Whitaker, Angela Bassett, Lupita Nyong'o, Michael B. Jordan etc.

Does that mean Marvel didn't trust Paul Rudd and Chadwick Boseman to be able to carry their own movies?
No, not at all...those actors are much more seasoned actors, far beyond Brie, come on, no comparison. They don't need help to carry a film.

There's something that Ryan & Anna, and Fiege for that matter, see in Brie, they feel comfortable, she's right for the part...I dont see it...that's me. Not sure if she was a 2nd or third choice they settle with...i know she was cast long ago, just saying, not sure she was the 1st pick or how ever number actresses turn it down before her. I'm suspicious however, this film will be in the same vein as Green Lantern. :dry:

I'm suspicious however, this film will be in the same vein as Green Lantern. :dry:

IMO, no comic book movie except Justice League compares to Green Lantern. I can’t see any comparison, but that’s just me.

No, not at all...those actors are much more seasoned actors, far beyond Brie, come on, no comparison. They don't need help to carry a film.

There's something that Ryan & Anna, and Fiege for that matter, see in Brie, they feel comfortable, she's right for the part...I dont see it...that's me. Not sure if she was a 2nd or third choice they settle with...i know she was cast long ago, just saying, not sure she was the 1st pick or how ever number actresses turn it down before her. I'm suspicious however, this film will be in the same vein as Green Lantern. :dry:

In what way? That's a broad statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back