The Avengers The Avengers Post Screening Review & Discussion Thread (SPOILER FILLED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys this Thor vs Surfer vs Hulk vs Gladiator stuff is silly. Do you know who is the strongest? Whoever the writers want to be the strongest. That's why Squirrel Girl beats everyone. It really doesn't matter who is strongest or who could win a fight. What matters is that the story of the fight is well told.

Of course, Coulson could beat any of those guys with his cold stare.

"He has shown enough strength to move and lift objects that are as heavy as the Earth and shatter entire planets with his blows."

This is just stupid. Like, 1960's-Superman stupid.

The kind of person who would pen such implausible dreck (or give it any credence) is the kind of person who enters God-mode cheats on video games.

Guys this Thor vs Surfer vs Hulk vs Gladiator stuff is silly. Do you know who is the strongest? Whoever the writers want to be the strongest. That's why Squirrel Girl beats everyone.

Yes, but if I got it right, Squirrel Girl is meant to be a parody anyway.

But of course you are right. There are many, many continuity errors... in one story Hero A uses superpower B, but in another story the same hero doesn't use although if he used it he would defeat his opponent easily...

In one story, it looks as if Surfer can almost beat Mephisto in his own realm, in another story it shows that Mephisto in his own realm is a match for Galactus.

Marvel Universe is a weird place.

"He has shown enough strength to move and lift objects that are as heavy as the Earth and shatter entire planets with his blows."

The kind of person who would pen such implausible dreck (or give it any credence) is the kind of person who enters God-mode cheats on video games.

It just reminds me that the Gladiator once lifted the Baxter Building.

That was retconned later. Reed Richards said something like that: Of course he fooled us. Even if he were strong enough, the building would break apart if it got lifted that way. Clearly he used some kind of hidden anti-gravity device.

You know what this Thread needs................ More Deadpool!!!!!
ThorPool.jpg

T"Challa;22916557 said:
We are long overdue for an echostation post

No? He just posted his best one yesterday, you must have missed it.

Aawwww NO MORE! (Raphael from the CLASSIC Turtles 1 voice)

Have there been any updates? If not, this thread is useless as the topics it covers already have their own threads. I keep checking this thread hoping to find some spoilers - which is what the title promises - but, instead, encounter nothing but "my dad can kick your dad's ***" arguments and individuals whining because they do not want to be spoiled in a spoiler thread. The stupidity of the latter is irritating.

It's not that I am not upset about the information draught; I am afraid I will miss some very good information, and have to sift through the refuse, in hopes of actually learning something about the film.

Let's abort this thread while we still can.

Have there been any updates? If not, this thread is useless as the topics it covers already have their own threads. I keep checking this thread hoping to find some spoilers - which is what the title promises - but, instead, encounter nothing but "my dad can kick your dad's ***" arguments and individuals whining because they do not want to be spoiled in a spoiler thread. The stupidity of the latter is irritating.

It's not that I am not upset about the information draught; I am afraid I will miss some very good information, and have to sift through the refuse, in hopes of actually learning something about the film.

Let's abort this thread while we still can.
Ummm, I think this thread is setup (albeit, a little early) for tonights premier and the spoilers and reviews revealed afterwards. So, just be patient and come back later this evening to be spoiled.:woot:

Yes I totally agree, although you don't even have to go 1960's Superman. Just look at Superman Returns and the lifting of the Kryptonite mountain into space.

"You people are so petty!........and tiny." ROFL!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"