The Avengers The Avengers Post Screening Review & Discussion Thread (SPOILER FILLED) - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Love it. And it was so well done. [BLACKOUT]He wasn't made to look stupid, you understood that it was a cultural/man out of his time, thing.[/BLACKOUT]
Oh man, this sounds like an aspect I'm gonna love.

If thor can fly, why was it a problem for him ro get ejected out of the carrier?

Because he was inside a "prison" and would therefore not be able to avoid hitting the ground after falling from so high. Such an impact might have caused a lot of harm, so much that Loki theorized might cause death.

Oh man, this sounds like an aspect I'm gonna love.

You will, characterization was excellent in this film.

Edit: Except Maria Hill, but we all kind of expected that.

Because he was inside a "prison" and would therefore not be able to avoid hitting the ground after falling from so high. Such an impact might have caused a lot of harm, so much that Loki theorized might cause death.
Oh thanks Rock and Endeavor. I was thinking that the floor of the thing just opened up. Not that the whole cage falls out of the sky. Thats pretty cool.

Hahah .....
Where Cap was trying to help Stark repair the blast on the Helicarrier. I remember he also asked him to speak English. Too funny.

I love how they played up Cap's lack of modern day familiarity. Remember the "flying monkey" part? Cap was like "I got that. Just thought I'd say I got that one." .... or something like that after he felt so stupid listening to Stark and Banner's technical talk.... LOL.

Also when

Coulson was talking about Banner to Cap and referred to him as a Stephen Hawking type. Caps looks confused and Coulson goes, "Uh, he's just a really smart guy."

One of the best in any CBM I suppose?
Yes, most of us wouldn't be raving about it if the characterization wasn't excellent. Most of the people who've seen it and reported back aren't the "OMG new CBM 10/10" type.

Yes, most of us wouldn't be raving about it if the characterization wasn't excellent. Most of the people who've seen it and reported back aren't the "OMG new CBM 10/10" type.

Got it,thanks for the answer!

This is unbelievable. Everything sounds so great. I can't believe that almost all of the reactions are so universally positive.

Also when

Coulson was talking about Banner to Cap and referred to him as a Stephen Hawking type. Caps looks confused and Coulson goes, "Uh, he's just a really smart guy."

Is the scene where Cap is frozen, in the movie?

Is the scene where Cap is frozen, in the movie?
[blackout]Yeah, but it's just a quick flashback in the midst of several flashbacks while Cap is taking his frustrations out on that punching bag. Yes, he has a flashback to a point where he was unconscious. But whatever, it's there for the audience. You also hear someone saying "hey this guy's still alive!" So you could fanwank that while Cap was unconscious, he was aware of what was going on around him like they say is possible with comas[/blackout].

That's cool, would have been disappointing if that shot we saw of him frozen wasn't in the film at all.

[blackout]So in that scene where he's in the gym is he having flashbacks? It's different to what we saw after the credits?[/blackout]

That's cool, would have been disappointing if that shot we saw of him frozen wasn't in the film at all.

[blackout]So in that scene where he's in the gym is he having flashbacks? It's different to what we saw after the credits?[/blackout]

Well ya ....
because you didn't get the flashbacks nor do you get to see the rest of Fury/Cap's conversation. Rogers is given a file to look over and they discuss his familiarity with the Tesseract. Plus there's something pretty funny that Cap does with the punching bag.

It's not that nobody was winning ..... IM clearly wasn't causing any damage on Thor and every time Thor hit IM, he clearly packed the largest wallop.

Cap had to parachute off the plane first. He has two important moments in this scene. The first where deflects a shot IM was gonna fire at Thor and the other where he absorbs Thor's hammer strike after he tried to get Thor to stand down. He wasn't an aggressor in the battle by any means.

Thor vs. Hulk is my favorite fight. Definitely the heavyweight bout of the day.

Whedon finds clever ways to get the inter-hero fights to suddenly stop ..... in such a way that the viewer can decide for themselves who won, like boxing judges scoring the fight.

Is it more long Hulk vs Thor than IM and Cap vs Thor?

Ok, let me get you... so Will Thor look like he feels nothing from IM's attacks even at 400% of level power?

I have read several spoilers, seen all the trailers, clips, etc... Will the movie still can surprise me?

Is it more long Hulk vs Thor than IM and Cap vs Thor?

Ok, let me get you... so Will Thor look like he feels nothing from IM's attacks even at 400% of level power?

I have read several spoilers, seen all the trailers, clips, etc... Will the movie still can surprise me?

Why do you guys like to ruin the movie for yourself? Hopefully it still surprises you. I don't know everything you've spoiled yourself with.

Thor definitely shoes that IM's attacks aren't phasing him.

Thor has no powers, he cannot fly, he cannot shield himself from a blast or take a punch
His hammer has all the power, it does the flying, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"