The Avengers The Avengers Post Screening Review & Discussion Thread (SPOILER FILLED) - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thor still believes Loki has good in him and that's what each scene is about with them

Thank you.

I'm still surprised that the [BLACKOUT]Central Park[/BLACKOUT] scene made it into the final cut. I was sure it was a Joss decoy.

Another question: Will Thor fans be happy with his portrayal in the movie?

ok.

so he's not holding ANYTHING in his hands?

and has any1 heard any new updates with the 'new post-credit scene' being shot????

thx

You never see his hands. He has his back to the camera for the entire duration until the last 2-3 seconds. You get a closeup of his face.

I don't see why they wouldn't be. He's got heart, humor, summons lightning, and
gets to sock Hulk in the face with his fists

I think they will.

Just because he wasn't the central point doesn't mean he doesn't have his moments. There were at least 4 or 5 times I yelled "hell yeah" after something Thor did.

Quick question is the Head count scene between Stark and Loki one of the best scenes in the movie? I've had this gut reaction that it would be one of the best moments of the film.

It's a terrific scene, but I don't know if it's the best scene. Certainly one of the funniest scenes though.

To be honest, I didn't really expect for him to be the central point of the film so hopefully I'll be pleased.

I don't see why they wouldn't be. He's got heart, humor, summons lightning, and
gets to sock Hulk in the face with his fists

I think they will.

Just because he wasn't the central point doesn't mean he doesn't have his moments. There were at least 4 or 5 times I yelled "hell yeah" after something Thor did.

Awesome. Thanks for the answers!

Thank you.

I'm still surprised that the [BLACKOUT]Central Park[/BLACKOUT] scene made it into the final cut. I was sure it was a Joss decoy.

Who are you? I don't mean to call you specifically out, but you and people who post crap like this must know absolutely nothing about filmmaking. It is way too expensive to be filming "decoy" scenes, especially in a place as crowded and expensive as New York City.

Comments like this literally have no thought behind them.

Well that was about as epic as pure awesomeness can be. Like promised, I'll write a detailed spoilery review when I get back from Philly tonight. Suffice it to say I can't imagine ANYONE walking out of this movie disappointed.
Yes!! Another forum positive. :up:

Look forward to the review.

I had to have my tickets in hand after all this positive buzz! So I drove to the theater I bought my tickets at and picked them up! I will stare at them frequently O_O

Yes!! Another forum positive. :up:

Look forward to the review.
I already posted it a few pages back! But this thread's moving so fast today it's easy to miss, so here ya go:

My more detailed review:

This is the first superhero movie I've ever watched that felt like a comic book come to life. And not in a forced "stylized" way like Sin City or something, but it all felt natural, yet straight out of a comic.

Every single remotely significant character gets their moments to shine and all of those moments are just so glorious it hurts. When it was over, my friend who was sitting next to me said, "I think I totally lost you there for about twenty minutes. I kept trying to get to the popcorn (which I was holding) and couldn't get your attention." Lol, he was right, I was SO lost in the movie.

A couple of my favorite quotes (there were too many great lines to count, these are just the first two that came to mind):

Thor arguing with SHIELD on how to deal with Loki:

Thor: "He is still of Asgard, and he is still my brother!"
Maria Hill: "He's killed 80 people in 2 days!"
(Thor takes this in...)
Thor: "He is also adopted."

Hemsworth's delivery of that line just killed me. And a non-comedic one -

Cap (meeting Banner for the first time): "The word is you can find the Tesseract."
Banner: "Is that the only word you've heard about me?"
Cap: "The only one I care about."

Favorite scenes: Well, the given is the final battle. It's simply the most epic thing I have ever seen in a superhero movie ever. However, there is a VERY close second-fave halfway through the movie: The entire action sequence on [blackout]the Helicarrier[/blackout] is just beautifully-constructed chaos. Thor vs. Hulk is great, but I also particularly enjoyed a moment Hulk has with [blackout]a SHIELD jet[/blackout] during the same sequence. SO much awesomeness happens during that sequence it's insane.

All-in-all, this was a damn near perfect dream for a superhero fan. If I could pick out some flaws, one would be that I will imagine the pacing of the first act will get some criticism. I didn't mind it because I just enjoyed seeing these characters interacting, but I can see how someone not already familiar with them from the other films might just be waiting for them to get to some action. Also, the first one or two [blackout]cosmic scenes with the unnamed leader of the Chitauri[/blackout] were kind of clunky/cheesy, imo, just because [blackout]he looked like a more cartoonish version of the Emperor from Star Wars spouting very Asgard-esque dialogue.[/blackout] But that's ok, because there are only a few of those scenes, and the more you get used to [blackout]his look[/blackout], the less clunky those scenes feel. And the last one with [blackout]Thanos[/blackout] is perfection.

And so, with those extremely minor quibbles, I'd give the movie an overall score of about 9.99999/10. :D

And I will definitely still be going to the midnight show when it opens.

Who are you? I don't mean to call you specifically out, but you and people who post crap like this must know absolutely nothing about filmmaking. It is way too expensive to be filming "decoy" scenes, especially in a place as crowded and expensive as New York City.

Comments like this literally have no thought behind them.

F*** off. I'm someone who has followed Joss through about ten+ years of foilers, faked scene descriptions and all sorts of deliberate misleads in his tv shows. I've read scripts that were sent out to actors with specific scenes and lines solely found in their script to see if it gets leaked onine. I don't know about film making, but don't be such a wanker about people making comments. There were reports of more than one final scene getting shot.

Thor still believes Loki has good in him and that's what each scene is about with them

Like if your brother went bad, what would Trayvon do?

This is fundamental to Loki...he actually needs to convey that in others to be an accurate depiction...

Anyone know how banner has been able to keep from hulking out all this time? Heard that line is pretty amazing.

I already posted it a few pages back! But this thread's moving so fast today it's easy to miss, so here ya go:
Awesome, thanks flickchick. Glad it met your expectations.

Anyone know how banner has been able to keep from hulking out all this time? Heard that line is pretty amazing.

It's one of the best moments in the film. During the final battle everyone is wondering where Banner is. Tony tells Cap to tell him when Banner shows up. So Cap and the team are on a bridge and re-group and the Leviathans show up for the first time. Banner rides up on this moped (he had gotten separated from a group earlier.) and every one tells him they need the Hulk. I believe the exchange goes something like this:

Banner: So this looks bad. It can't get any worse.
Widow: We could use a little worse right now...
(Leviathan charges the team.)
Widow: Time to get angry, Banner!
Banner: Wanna know my secret?
pause
Banner: I'm always angry. (instantly and painlessly transforms into the Hulk.)

It's one of the best moments in the film. During the final battle everyone is wondering where Banner is. Tony tells Cap to tell him when Banner shows up. So Cap and the team are on a bridge and re-group and the Leviathans show up for the first time. Banner rides up on this moped (he had gotten separated from a group earlier.) and every one tells him they need the Hulk. I believe the exchange goes something like this:

Banner: So this looks bad. It can't get any worse.
Widow: We could use a little worse right now...
(Leviathan charges the team.)
Widow: Time to get angry, Banner!
Banner: Wanna know my secret?
pause
Banner: I'm always angry. (instantly and painlessly transforms into the Hulk.)

What follows is awesome :)

I think that's already been answered with the numerous "Hulk steals the show" remarks we've been hearing.

Hulk has some great scenes, but so does Thor. [BLACKOUT]And I don't think that Hulk was shown to be stronger than Thor. More like they were evenly matched and were in the process of beating the **** out of each other before the bout was suspended without a decision. Thor laid some blows on the Hulk that staggered him. The fight was brutal and fun. [/BLACKOUT]

do Banner's eyes go green before he transforms? i know its a silly question just curious?

Hulk has some great scenes, but so does Thor. [BLACKOUT]And I don't think that Hulk was shown to be stronger than Thor. More like they were evenly matched and were in the process of beating the **** out of each other before the bout was suspended without a decision. Thor laid some blows on the Hulk that staggered him. The fight was brutal and fun. [/BLACKOUT]

Yeah I know, I've heard their battle was pretty even from multiple sources so no worries here Xeno. :up:

I also heard our boy Cap seems alot more like a "super soldier" in this film and that's another thing I was happy to hear.

[blackout]I'm a bit slow, what is Banner's secret referring to? [/blackout]

I don't understand.

If Banner can control when he changes to Hulk, what triggered the transformation on the Helicarrier? And if the first fight was Hulk raging against everyone, what makes Hulk decide to help them when he comes back? And does this mean Banner disappears from the movie after the Helicarrier fight until the end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"