• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Avengers The Avengers Post Screening Review & Discussion Thread (SPOILER FILLED) - Part 5

Also, next time you see it, at the very end when Cobie is walking away, it looks like Agent Coulson is handing her a folder.

Last edited:
Okay, people. I just joined this group right now because it "irritates" me when I read the posts I see about the Hulk side punching Thor. This is the reason he does it - It was a "pat on the back" saying "Good fight, Thor", we killed that Leviathon....except Hulk does not know his own strength so when he gives Thor the out of the blue "Pat on the back or side punch" he obviously didn't realize his strength and THAT WAS THE JOKE. Understand? There was NO hostility between Thor and Hulk anymore at that point since they fought hard side by side to bring down that Leviathon and it was just a "Good Job" "fist bump, pat on the back, etc gesture".
Now knock it off with your over analyzed theories......

you think he hits people in the head with a clenched fist to say good job. seriously? and you sign up to tell people that. Thor was just the last thing left to punch.

All I know is, the Hulk seemed to take humor in it in his own way since I remember letting out a small grin/smirk on his face after he had punched Thor.lol

I think it was just Hulk trying to get the last word on their fight in the Helicarrier.

I sure am glad that guy signed up to explain the joke to us. Who knew the whole planet had it wrong? Dodged a bullet there!

I took it as getting the last punch but I was really hoping he'd hit him in the back kind of like ah hey this is fun type thing

Not to pile on, but he was most certainly not saying "good job Thor." I don't know how anyone could read the punch as that.

I think it was just Hulk trying to get the last word on their fight in the Helicarrier.

My reading of the scene exactly. And a cartoon moment that would make Chuck Jones proud and honored. AND a moment that manages to be silly (in a fun way) without becoming ridiculous. Punch, snicker, move on, there's more action on the way.

IMHO, that moment shows to a T Whedon's abilities to put the RIGHT dose of comedy when it's necessary and not linger much on it. It worked, fine, haha, move on.

I just joined this group right now because it "irritates" me when I read the posts I see about the Hulk side punching Thor. This is the reason he does it - It was a "pat on the back" saying "Good fight, Thor", we killed that Leviathon....

No, sir. He SNICKERED, a mischievous grin. It's brief, but it's there. To me it was obviousy Hulk final world on the pummeling Thor gave him a the Helicarrier.

But the GOOD news os that, even if you prefer you theory, it won't hurt. Great scenes are open to interpretations anyway.

My reading of the scene exactly. And a cartoon moment that would make Chuck Jones proud and honored. AND a moment that manages to be silly (in a fun way) without becoming ridiculous. Punch, snicker, move on, there's more action on the way.

IMHO, that moment shows to a T Whedon's abilities to put the RIGHT dose of comedy when it's necessary and not linger much on it. It worked, fine, haha, move on.

It's the same kind of thing that's in the movie "48 Hours" ..... Nick Nolte and Eddie Murphy scrap in an alley because Nolte is getting tired of him. After the fight is broken up by other cops, they get in the car and before they drive away Nolte pops him in the face again as if to get the last word/punch ..... same kind of thing with Thor/Hulk as far as Hulk getting the edge in since their fight was interrupted. They're both dominant alphas so it adds humor to the machismo.

It's good, fun humor.

Last edited:
Very well remembered, Rock Sexton. I haven't re-watched that movie since the heyday of VHS.

Very well remembered, Rock Sexton. I haven't re-watched that movie since the heyday of VHS.

It was on one of the movie channels (either Encore or Starz) a whole bunch a month or two ago, so it immediately came to mind.

I think the joke was that Hulk was going beserk samshing everything on the back of that Leviatan. Thor just happend to be up there with him. So after they took down the Levianthan and everything that was on it. Thor just happend to be the last thing standing so the Hulk just decided to punch him.

The joke is that the Hulk likes to smash and that Thor just happend to be the lasting around left to smash. It was just friendly buddy punch.

Last edited:
Yep.
That's where JARVIS and Tony dug up the info about
SHIELD actually using the Tesseract to make weapons of mass destruction.

This is correct, and let's not forget that Cap also contibuted.

I think the joke was that Hulk was going beserk samshing everything on the back of that Leviatan. Thor just happend to be up there with him. So after they took down the Levianthan and everything that was on it. Thor just happend to be the last thing standing so the Hulk just decide to punch him.

The joke is that the Hulk likes to smash and that Thor just happend to be the lasting around left to smash.

Smash .... no offense, but that's not at all what happened. There's a long pause after they ride the Leviathon down into the subway station ..... AND THEN Hulk punches him as if to get the last word in from their previous fight.

Seriously. I am actually going to buy a decent blu ray player just for the Avengers. Make my own dam gifs. Gonna be a while though. Ill probably see the movie for a 3rd time though. Eventually.

I would love to see this movie in 2D IMAX, but thats not an option.

Im curious: Who saw it in an RPX Theater? Regal Cinemas I think. What about that D-Box thing (the chairs vibrate. i think)? Anyone? RPX is like IMAX lite. It looked amazing. The image was ultra sharp, and the sound was great. Guess I'll try IMAX next.

Last edited:
Smash .... no offense, but that's not at all what happened. There's a long pause after they ride the Leviathon down into the subway station ..... AND THEN Hulk punches him as if to get the last word in from their previous fight.

there is a pause and hulk even looks over to thor and then back to where he was looking before, before the punch. so it can be seen as noticing a non-attacking person then just hitting them anyway, or as afters for the previous fight. part of the initial pause is just a "damn need a moment after that" situation.

No, sir. He SNICKERED, a mischievous grin. It's brief, but it's there. To me it was obviousy Hulk final world on the pummeling Thor gave him a the Helicarrier.

But the GOOD news os that, even if you prefer you theory, it won't hurt. Great scenes are open to interpretations anyway.
I think we'll find out who's right when the dvd comes out with director comments. Can't wait to buy it! :-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"