The Avengers The Avengers Post Screening Review & Discussion Thread (SPOILER FILLED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being able to swing Mjolnir FTL means he's able to keep up since that also means he's reaction is FTL, I'm sorry but he's in the same power class as those guys no matter if you chose to believe it or not.

No, he's really not. He's never been SHOWN to have FTL reflexes. It's just said that he has reflexes as fast as lightning.

And even if he does have FTL reflexes, Surfer is like, hundreds of times faster than FTL. He's nearly as fast as The Flash, do you realise how far and beyond anyone on Marvel Earth that is?

Fact is Surfer has feats that make the best things Thor has ever down pale in comparison.

Sorry but beyond shoddy writing I just dont see how Thor could beat The Silver Surfer.

Hulk beats Thor quite regularly in the comics, and yet Hulk has never defeated SS in the comics, even in Planet Hulk, and severly weakened SS took on Hulk and his Warbound and easily had the better of the fight, Hulk was only able to get a hit on Surfer through a sucker punch when SS had stopped fighting. Add to this Surfer taking out Tenebrous and Aegis, two Galactus level beings, in Annihilation and I just done see Thor being realisticaly poweful enough to take SS down.

Surfer has ridiculous feats. Feats that Thor, as powerful as he is, just can't compare to.

Whenever Thor has beaten Surfer, it's either because Thor was amped up, like in the Blood and Thunder story line, or because Surfer wasn't written to his full potential.

I'm not trying to say Thor is a lightweight, the guy has cracked a Celestials head open. But Surfer exlodes planets, destroys thousands of starships in the blink of an eye, outruns explosions that destroy multiple Solar Systems in seconds.

No, he's really not. He's never been SHOWN to have FTL reflexes. It's just said that he has reflexes as fast as lightning.

And even if he does have FTL reflexes, Surfer is like, hundreds of times faster than FTL.

Fact is Surfer has feats that make the best things Thor has ever down pale in comparison.

He really hasn't, Thor's punched people through planets, destroyed planets, contained blasts that were powerful enough to destroy a fifth of the universe without breaking a sweat etc.

Like I said, we can sit here and compare feats all day but at the end of the day it's not going to change anyone's opinon.

When has normal level Thor ever destroyed a planet? And speed feats, he hasn't. Thor's best speed feat is digging a trench really, really fast. Which puts him at around Quicksilver's speed, which is a snail compared to Surfer or Gladiator.

Isn't this the "The Avengers Post Screening Review & Discussion" Thread???

Wow, we're really reaching part 1 without any post-screening discussion.

We shall all be founding members of the League of Fail.

Can i let you in on a secret? Repeating the same thing over and over again doesn't make anyone want to change their mind.

Surfer has ridiculous feats. Feats that Thor, as powerful as he is, just can't compare to.

Whenever Thor has beaten Surfer, it's either because Thor was amped up, like in the Blood and Thunder story line, or because Surfer wasn't written to his full potential.

I'm not trying to say Thor is a lightweight, the guy has cracked a Celestials head open. But Surfer exlodes planets, destroys thousands of starships in the blink of an eye, outruns explosions that destroy multiple Solar Systems in seconds.

Exactly, nothing Thor has done compares to taking on and destroying 2 Galactus level beings. Tenebrous and Aegis killed The Fallen One with ease and took down Galactus himself, yet Surfer managed to take them on and destroy them, nothing Thor has done compares to that.

Ehh whatever. It doesn't matter really. All I know is when i was having this same debate with Hulk fans the Thor fans were agreeing with me.

I felt like I should post here. Like a badge of honor....or dishonor.

We all know Coulson is the strongest.
That's why he isn't an actual Avenger.he is too over powered.

Coulson was going to be bane but Nolan thought it was unrealistic for Batman to win so they went with Tom Hardy

When has normal level Thor ever destroyed a planet? And speed feats, he hasn't. Thor's best speed feat is digging a trench really, really fast. Which puts him at around Quicksilver's speed, which is a snail compared to Surfer or Gladiator.

Why would normal Thor destroy a planet, he's a superHERO and he's dragged the Midgard serpent which is even heavier than a planet so I'm pretty sure he's a planet buster.

Granted Thor doesn't have many speed feats, but him being able to fight cosmic beings on a regular bases has shown that he's able to keep up with FTL fighters.

Ehh whatever. It doesn't matter really. All I know is when i was having this same debate with Hulk fans the Thor fans were agreeing with me.

Not me, I've been into the whole "faster = more powerful" argument especially when talking about a guy who's defeated several FTL opponents,

This needs to become the Thor Vs. boards, because somehow the convo always gets steered towards Thor Vs. someone even unintenionally.

Wow who wrote this? Thor isn't that powerful and there is no way he could defeat Surfer or Gladiator, seeing as they operate at well over FTL and Thor doesn't.

Who wrote his? Someone who is just listing up facts. It all happened in the comics.

You can't blame the messenger for delivering the message.

Surfer and Gladiator are hundreds of times faster than light, Gladiator is so fast a universal wide time dilation had no effect on him.

Please. I know this story. If there is any example for bad writing in the world, then this is it. It was highly illogical.

Gladiator, I think in an old F4 comic, was so fast a time dilation, that effectively froze the entire Marvel Universe, had no effect on him.

Which was the greatest nonsense I've ever read.

If the entire Marvel Universe is "frozen in time", or at least slowed down, we are really to believe it would have no effect on Gladiator because he simpley chooses to move so fast that this together with the "slow down effect" makes him look as if he had normal speed?

Air molecules would still be affected by that slowdown effect. Gladiator wouldn't be able to move. He wouldn't be able to open a door because the door is frozen in time.

He couldn't punch a crack in a wooden wall. Of course he is strong enough to break wood, but with that "slowdown" effect it would take years until the material shows a reaction and begins to crack.

The whole story lacked any logic.

Last edited:
The fact is Spider-Man has knocked out Fire Lord. The fact is Batman has beaten Superman. The fact is Deathstroke has landed punches on The Flash.

I agree with you.

But you have to see, if it happens only once, you can call it bad writing, an exception or whatever. If it happens all the time... if the writers decided that Spiderman beats Fire Lord five or six times in the comics...
then well, whether we like it or not, then it would be an established fact that Spiderman is one of the guys who usually beats Fire Lord.

Fortunately, he doesn't. It was a one time thing that we should forget.

Thor, however, has beaten Silver Surfer or Gladiator several times. You can't ignore that just because you don't like it.

Beta Ray Bill, who is at Thor's power level, showed that he can go toe to toe with Silver Surfer.

Eric Masterson as Thor beat Gladiator.

There are too many examples that show that Thor is definitely in Surfers's and Gladiator's league.

Coulson is 300 times faster than the speed of light and he can also change the speed of light .

Coulson doesn't use guns. Guns use Coulson.
Coulson doesn't need to sleep.his bed is a super celestial threat and he keeps it pinned every night.

Galactus was created to fight Coulson.

Coulson poops planets

Thor should be able to speed blitz characters like Hulk. But Surfer or Gladiator? Guys who consistently operate hundreds of times faster than light?

But Thor doesn't speed blitz Hulk (or Thing, Absorbing Man, Ulik etc.) in the comics.

And you don't see Surfer speed blitz Thor, Beta Ray Bill, Champion or Hulk.

Which only can mean that they (Thor and Surfer) can't do it. At that point, I don't care what a character description says. If a character description says something about a character and there is a source from the comic stories that confirms it - okay.

But otherwise, I don't care.

Coulson was left out of the head count because he is the secret weapon.

Coulson doesn't need oxygen.oxygen needs Coulson he arranges the atoms everyday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back