Sequels How many powers would you like Rogue to absorb in X4?

Angamb

Avenger
Reaction score
So many fans seem to be unsatisfied with Rogue in the movies, specially with X3, although there are some that don't like her in any of the three movies, in terms of action and loyalty to the comics.

So what would you like to see happening to her in the next sequel? In term of her powers...

How many powers would you love to see in her? should she absorb many powers? only one? all the team powers? only from the brotherhood members? other ideas?

Vote and post your thoughts. (multiple poll options)

For the rest of the movie series? Or just X4? 'Cause I'd like to see two more movies, so my answer would be different depending on which question you're asking.

The question is for X4, but you can vote and then post your thoughts for X5, etc.

I voted Bobby, Gambit, and Mystique. I'm thinking maybe also Magneto, but I'm not sure. I'd like her to absorb Bobby's power in a funny sort of "hell hath no fury" scene; Gambit's for just a couple seconds to show him her gifts when they first meet, and Mystique's in a fight scene. I'd like the Brotherhood to team up with the X-Men by the end of the movie to take on the Sentinels, and I'd much rather see Anna in the final battle than Ian, so I'm thinking she might absorb his powers and fight in his stead. Not sure yet, though.

In X5, I'd like to see her absorb Pyro's powers long-term in a play on the Sunfire storyline from the comics. I'd like the Legacy Virus to be one of the storylines in X5 (aside from Apocalypse, sort of like the cure was an aside from Phoenix in X3), killing off Pyro. Before he dies, though, he makes Rogue promise to take his powers when she goes so he can sort of "live on" through her. She agrees, figuring she won't even be in the room when it happens; but when he does go and she's there, she can't go back on her word.

I'm also considering having Logan join the Horsemen in X5, and having Rogue kill him by absorbing his bone claws and stabbing him through the neck (which would kill him before his body had a chance to heal).

I'm also considering having Logan join the Horsemen in X5, and having Rogue kill him by absorbing his bone claws and stabbing him through the neck (which would kill him before his body had a chance to heal).

No, no it wouldn't.

He survived being shot in the head, I repeat, shot in the HEAD in X2. So how would getting stabbed in the neck kill him longterm?

No, no it wouldn't.

He survived being shot in the head, I repeat, shot in the HEAD in X2. So how would getting stabbed in the neck kill him longterm?
When he was shot in the head, his adamantium skull protected his brain. There are a number of connections in the neck that would kill him almost instantly if severed.

When he was shot in the head, his adamantium skull protected his brain. There are a number of connections in the neck that would kill him almost instantly if severed.

I suppose if you want to look at it that way. But at the same time, we've seen comic book Wolvie come back from being incinerated down to bone.

I suppose if you want to look at it that way. But at the same time, we've seen comic book Wolvie come back from being incinerated down to bone.
I don't know that storyline, but I think somebody told me about it once. Didn't Phoenix revive him? I think that's a little bit different.

Anyway, can you imagine something like that happening in the movie? :oldrazz:

I can't believe rogue missed out so much in the power absorbing that Johnny storm had to steal her thunder and do it on her behalf in rise of the surfer...

I don't know that storyline, but I think somebody told me about it once. Didn't Phoenix revive him? I think that's a little bit different.

Anyway, can you imagine something like that happening in the movie? :oldrazz:

Nah, it was just recently in Wolvie's solo. He recovered all by himself.

And more than once I think Sabertooth has come back from a shot to the neck...

Nah, it was just recently in Wolvie's solo. He recovered all by himself.

And more than once I think Sabertooth has come back from a shot to the neck...
Ah, k. Which storyline am I confusing that with, then?

I very much doubt Rogue's going to swan around absorbing powers in X4. The multiple power absorption thing was done by Torch in FF2.

First, she needs to get her powers back. Second, she needs to learn to accept them and use them, and be trained in how to use them. I don't see all that happening in an X4.

It can be done perfectly. All depends of the quality of the writers/script.

It can be done perfectly. All depends of the quality of the writers/script.

I see. So if the writers don't turn Rogue into a superstar then their work isn't of quality?

hahahaha. None said that, hehe.

My post was an answer to X-maniac opinion. Heroes has proved that a "mutants with powers" series can be done with quality, so X4 can have good quality too, and Rogue can use her powers the same way Peter Petrelli or Johnny Storm supossedly did.

Quality is easy when you have something to build on. Rogue didn't have much.

I don't picture Rogue absorbing many powers in X-Men 4. I think X-Men 3 would of been the proper place to do that, as it seemed like the next logical step in her character arc... but now that she's given in and rid herself of her mutation, I don't picture her suddenly being uncured and comfortable enough to take on other people's powers left and right.

...but if she does, I don't really have a preference as to whose powers they are or how many she absorbs.

My votes were these:

Storm: This way we'd get Rogue flying finally!

Kitty: I personally would love to see Anna Paquin phasing walls, and would be useful for her in a battle or action scene.

Kurt: the same as with Kitty powers. I'd love to see Anna/Rogue transporting herself. And she would be a harder rival, and she need some power like this to protect herself.

Mystique: her power is really great so Rogue could use it at some time during the film, maybe to infiltrate into a specific place (in some small mission or something).

Gambit: because would be nice they having a moment like this, she touching him, and learning a few things from his past.

And "other": beacuse I also want to be surprised in the film, so would be nice she absorbing the power of an unknown mutant, a new power for a short time, at least, probably during the battle. They (Fox/writers, etc) should surprise us with Rogue in the big battle of the final part of the movie.

Definitely Storm. That power-snatch is long overdue.

hahahaha. None said that, hehe.

My post was an answer to X-maniac opinion. Heroes has proved that a "mutants with powers" series can be done with quality, so X4 can have good quality too, and Rogue can use her powers the same way Peter Petrelli or Johnny Storm supossedly did.

'Heroes' is entirely different. They aren't superheroes with costumes, a mansion base, a jet.

You got a 'Heroes'-type Rogue in the X-movies. I don't know what Bryan had planned for the character in the future, if he'd done X3, but she was never going to have battle skills. You'd have to have an entirely different X3 without the Alcatraz battle for Rogue to be involved. It would be something like the dam sequences in X2 - smaller fight scenes with individuals sneaking around. Then you could have Rogue suddenly grab someone or drop down on someone.

But X3's Alcatraz battle, and Anna going off to film Margaret, meant she was never going to have a kick-ass role in X3.

In my X4 script, she actually...oops that would be telling!

But about your previous post..... do you really think Rogue can't do much on X4, in term of her power?

But about your previous post..... do you really think Rogue can't do much on X4, in term of her power?

She could play a part, yes. But it shouldn't be the main focus of the story. She can't suddenly turn into someone who is absorbing everyone's powers - the story has to have logic to it. In X3, she chose to be cured, so first you have to give her back her power and have her deal with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"